Stockholder OBC: How long to credit?

Eli_6

14 hours ago, sunonfire said:

I faxed my paperwork on July 15th and I just received an email from Carnival confirming the shareholder benefit.  In the email it states

Please note this will not appear on your cruise manager however it will reflect on your revised guest confirmation listed under the Itemized Charges as On Board Credits.

I wonder if it is the same with Princess. The difference being that Princess would allow you to use that OBC precruise for excursions if it showed up before being onboard. (Come to think of it did show up early on the 2020 summer Princess cruise that we booked that of course never sailed, but you never know what has changed post Covid.)

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder if it is the same with Princess. The difference being that Princess would allow you to use that OBC precruise for excursions if it showed up before being onboard. (Come to think of it did show up early on the 2020 summer Princess cruise that we booked that of course never sailed, but you never know what has changed post Covid.)

We submitted requests for the Shareholder benefit to both Carnival and Princess just after 7am EDT this Monday.  I happened to be logged in to my Princess account later in the day at 3pm EDT to check something on one of those cruises and noticed the Shareholder OBC had already been applied. Wow that was fast.  I'm expecting Carnival to take a while from what others have been reporting. Hope you and others experience this same quick service from Princess.

Edited by Florida Paesano

Pardon my ignorance since this is the first time I'm trying to submit but how much of my stock information do they need?  I printed my last statement and it's 9 pages.  Do they really need to see my entire Etrade portfolio or will the couple pages with my personal information and the one showing CCL stock suffice?  TYIA

5 minutes ago, Anung Un Rama said:

Pardon my ignorance since this is the first time I'm trying to submit but how much of my stock information do they need?  I printed my last statement and it's 9 pages.  Do they really need to see my entire Etrade portfolio or will the couple pages with my personal information and the one showing CCL stock suffice?  TYIA

This was my first time also. Last week I submitted the entire thing (probably as many pages as you mentioned) with the account number removed. 

• Like 1

I sent in my request last week, 7/13.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  Not even an auto response.  I also sent another request in 7/20..Nothing on that yet either.  I will give it a couple of weeks, and then, if nothing, resubmit.  I still have about 65 days before first cruise.

1 hour ago, Anung Un Rama said:

You do not have to submit the entire thing. The part showing that you own at least 100 shares of Carnival stock will be sufficient. Of course your name will have to be on it. And make sure you black or white out any id number.

Include your ship, sailing date, and booking number.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anung Un Rama said:

As long as the info contains your name(s) as the account holder(s), statement dated w/in last 90 days, and showing that you own at least 100 shares of CCL stock, you're good.  Be sure to black out any account numbers.  I submitted the one page of my most recent statement that included all of this info and highlighted the specific information, since they missed it on the first submission.  Also include in the e-mail your booking number and sailing date.  Hope this helps!  If I've missed something, I'm sure someone will be glad to point it out.  LOL! 😜

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

I sent in my request last week, 7/13.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  Not even an auto response. 

That seems odd, I at least got an auto reply with a 'request number' or whatever. 

4 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

That seems odd, I at least got an auto reply with a 'request number' or whatever. 

Agreed.  You should have received an auto reply w/in a minute or so of sending like this:

"This is just a quick auto reply to let you know that we've received your email.  We're happy to look into your inquiry and get back to you as soon as we can.  Due to an increase in inquiries our response time will take longer than normal.  We will process your request as rapidly as possible but keep in mind this may happen as late as the week prior to sailing. Please do not submit any duplicate requests."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anung Un Rama said:

All we sent was the 1st page and marked the account info out. That was all we needed I guess cuz they gave us our credit. It took 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, Eli_6 said:

I have a cruise scheduled August 7th. I emailed them my information and proof of ownership to the applicable email address two weeks ago. Then, as a back up, I also mailed CCL my information and proof of owning more than 100 shares.  For those of you who have done this before, how long does it typically take for that OBC to be applied?  

For my upcoming April 2022 cruise, I sent the info on 7/2 via email, got the OBC credit confirmation on 7/18.  This is longer than it has historically taken for me to receive the OBC but considering the times we live in, understandable.

On 7/20/2021 at 8:36 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

I sent in the request on 7/11. Received the auto reply afterwards.  No other communication since, and all I see on our cruise documents .pdf today is the OBC we already had.

I received the email today...

"IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit.  Credit in the amount of $100 has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account.  Please note this will not appear on your cruise manager however it will reflect on your revised guest confirmation listed under the Itemized Charges as On Board Credits.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us."

I looked at my cruise documents online and our OBC was increased by $100 just now.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC

I emailed my request on July 10 and the email and new confirmation came to me tonight (12 days). I just scanned the cover page with names and address (I blacked out the account number and covered over the account balance summary) and the page with the Carnival stock listed when I applied. In the past when I faxed the request I sometimes got the OBC applied the same day, but that was in a different time.

I usually have it credited within two hours of having it faxed to Princess if sent during normal business hours and have never waited more than the same day.

I don’t remember it taking as long as others have been mentioning in this thread from back when I regularly sailed with Carnival.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:56 AM, ontheweb said:

Princess shows up under Cruise Personalizer.

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Princess shows up under Cruise Personalizer.

Does it still show up there? Everything else about the personalizer seems to have been switched to their medallion app.