10 day around Iceland August 2021

mittenscat23

We did Iceland on Silver Cloud in the summer of 2019. Fellow SS and CC regulars RachelG and emtbsam joined us, as well as a few others. It was a great trip despite the weather not cooperating. We all contributed to a trip report if you want to see a sample of what could be in store for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We did Iceland on Silver Cloud in the summer of 2019. Fellow SS and CC regulars RachelG and emtbsam joined us, as well as a few others. It was a great trip despite the weather not cooperating. We all contributed to a trip report if you want to see a sample of what could be in store for you.

Thanks for the blog, a very interesting and informative read!

I noticed a photo of SS-branded jackets and backpacks on your bed - were they provided?  For my upcoming voyage, I don't recall reading anything about that.  (Would be helpful to know for packing purpose.)

On 2nd thought, your voyage was on Silver Cloud, an expedition ship, which explains the parka/jacket.  I doubt my upcoming voyage on the Shadow will provide the parka/jacket, since it is not an expedition ship.

Edited by sfvoyage

Love the photos of the behind the scenes work that goes into making our trips special.  Does anyone know who the maitre d’ and head chef will be on the Shadow?    By any chance is that Laurence with her hair in a bun?

Iceland just announced that, effective July 27th, testing (PCR or rapid antigen, taken within 72 hours of departure) will be required for fully vaccinated visitors.

https://www.government.is/news/article/2021/07/19/COVID-19-test-certificate-required-before-departure-for-vaccinated-travellers/?fbclid=IwAR2XbGUGhOEs6fOJpUdJSLzOWopUZlA14MtyNy61JvbHqhwTv7sEXbjhYKg