First time in YC, on Divina, Jan. of '22. I know drink package is changing from pre-COVID. What else are you hearing?

no1talks

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

What about snacks? Do you mean they'll be charging for those little cans of peanuts now?

It seems so, based on initial reports from MSC cruises in Europe. The first round of mini-bar snack are included, snack refills are not.

5 hours ago, no1talks said:

It seems so, based on initial reports from MSC cruises in Europe. The first round of mini-bar snack are included, snack refills are not.

Well that stinks. We loved those little cans of chocolate covered peanuts.  I wonder if you upgrade to Premium Plus if the refills are included then?  (Not sailing until October on Mera out of Miami)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Well that stinks. We loved those little cans of chocolate covered peanuts.  I wonder if you upgrade to Premium Plus if the refills are included then?  (Not sailing until October on Mera out of Miami)

Europe and USA are completely different. I think you'll be fine on sailings from the US.

When this was first announced many moons ago pre-covid, sailings in the US still allowed it.

Of course, since this is MSC, YMMV. The reality is you won't know for sure until you are onboard. And even then the policy may change daily.

As far as I understand you get 1 bottle of your choice liquor and the first fill of snacks. Any refill of snacks is chargeable now, this was being discussed way back in Feb 2020 when we were on Bellissima .I don't know how it works with soft drinks/sodas

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

As far as I understand you get 1 bottle of your choice liquor and the first fill of snacks. Any refill of snacks is chargeable now, this was being discussed way back in Feb 2020 when we were on Bellissima .I don't know how it works with soft drinks/sodas

Beer and soft drinks were unlimited refills. 

I can't see the liquor will be any different on other ships as they don't seem to have the miniatures now. I don't think premium plus includes the minibar.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:34 PM, KennyFla said:

If I read your post correctly, any snacks or small cocktails other than the initial stocking of the minibar are charged to your cabin?

In May 2021, Seaside was the normal snacks and miniatures refilled twice a day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Prem Plus include Minibar and snacks out of it

Yes, but Premium Plus is being retired at the end of autumn and "Premium Extra" will be the top package as of winter.

I have not seen anything stating the inclusion of the mini-bar in the upcoming change.

While YC would be expected to retain mini-bar use at some level, those who buy Premium Extra may be without mini-bar.

4 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Does that mean your booking mess has been sorted?

Not yet.

Got a new booking number, same stateroom, but unfortunately a new invoice to pay....and I'm not willing to pay twice..

23 hours ago, no1talks said:

Yes, but Premium Plus is being retired at the end of autumn and "Premium Extra" will be the top package as of winter.

I have not seen anything stating the inclusion of the mini-bar in the upcoming change.

While YC would be expected to retain mini-bar use at some level, those who buy Premium Extra may be without mini-bar.

We're sailing mid-October, so we should still be part of the Premium Plus if we choose to upgrade. And we're not upgrading for mini-bar snacks only. We have a pretty large amount of OBC to spend, and we're planning on getting the upgrade anyway. (Also, our room's right next to a door that exits right into the Top Sail, so it will be very convenient to grab snacks from there too.)  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jules815 said:

We're sailing mid-October, so we should still be part of the Premium Plus if we choose to upgrade. And we're not upgrading for mini-bar snacks only. We have a pretty large amount of OBC to spend, and we're planning on getting the upgrade anyway. (Also, our room's right next to a door that exits right into the Top Sail, so it will be very convenient to grab snacks from there too.)  

FWIW, on MSC's website they list the minibar as included in the YC.

But...I know...the website may a) not reflect reality and b) not be updated for the upcoming change.

Personally I would be surprised if they remove this...it can't cost them much and its such a nice perk. But I guess we will all see next year.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, alyssamma said:

FWIW, on MSC's website they list the minibar as included in the YC.

But...I know...the website may a) not reflect reality and b) not be updated for the upcoming change.

Personally I would be surprised if they remove this...it can't cost them much and its such a nice perk. But I guess we will all see next year.

I'm confident the mini-bar will remain an inclusion with YC.

What concerns me is the possibility of the current European mini-bar policy going global.

It certainly is a cost savings, eliminating the pricier-per-ounce tiny bottles and instead stocking one bottle from the same bottles used in the bars.

If I had to have just "a" bottle, I'd take a rum, but the liquor choices remain the same as the tinys: vodka, gin, or whisky.

I already decided to make a souvenir of the bottle, if the change is here, too. I'll bring a paint pen and have the YC staff sign the unopened bottle like a yearbook.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

What is the dress code for the restaurant ?

Not sure, really. There are other posts that deal specifically with YC dress.

I don't put much thought into dining room dress codes, since I tux it up every dinner in MDR.

8 hours ago, cruise47 said:

What is the dress code for the restaurant ?

Exactly the same as the other areas on the ship, no difference. That said, a good number make a special effort most nights...not formal, by any means, and the restaurant is certainly not 'stuffy'....more happy and relaxed is the inherent culture.