Stock Holder's OBC electronic portal - THUMBS UP!

I have to say how impressed I am with the online system to request your Share Holder OBC.

It only took 4 business days to see the OBC for my sailing.

KUDOS to RCI for having an electronic option, and it being very efficient (when providing the correct info they require, of course)

For those who may want to use the electronic version it can be found here. Sort of weird how they used a "SURVEY" type portal.

https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

Here is main portal for investors, incase you have more questions.

https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

I have to say how impressed I am with the online system to request your Share Holder OBC.

KUDOS to RCI for having an electronic option, and it being very efficient (when providing the correct info they require, of course)

For those who may want to use the electronic version it can be found here. Sort of weird how they used a "SURVEY" type portal.

Wow, wish CCL had that option, sometimes email works some not !

Quick question, I'm thinking of buying RCI stock as we sail with X also, heard there are restrictions and you cant always apply shareholder credit depending on the fare you have ?

Have you ever had issues where they wouldn't apply it?? 

Thanks in adavance

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Where did you find  your confirmation of receiving the shareholder credit.  We faxed ours in several weeks ago but never got a response back from the Shareholder Dept like we usually do confirming it?

3 hours ago, Happycruiser17 said:

Where did you find  your confirmation of receiving the shareholder credit.  We faxed ours in several weeks ago but never got a response back from the Shareholder Dept like we usually do confirming it?

With the electronic submission, they email an updated invoice which notes the OBC. 

When I emailed my OBC request, they would reply to my email stating the OBC was applied.

I don't recall what they did when requesting via fax.

You can also look at Cruise Planner and it should show the OBC for your sailing.

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

With the electronic submission, they email an updated invoice which notes the OBC. 

When I emailed my OBC request, they would reply to my email stating the OBC was applied.

I don't recall what they did when requesting via fax.

You can also look at Cruise Planner and it should show the OBC for your sailing.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, 3JCruiser said:

Wow, wish CCL had that option, sometimes email works some not !

Quick question, I'm thinking of buying RCI stock as we sail with X also, heard there are restrictions and you cant always apply shareholder credit depending on the fare you have ?

Have you ever had issues where they wouldn't apply it?? 

Thanks in adavance

I believe RCG officially adjusted the combinability of the shareholder benefit around June  2019. Previously I read many complaints about it not being ‘stackable’ with other OBC, or the amount would be reduced if you had other OBC or promo’s. 

I believe many of the restrictions were removed and shareholders is combinable with most fares and other OBC on RCCL. I do not know if Celebrity has lifted its restrictions. 

After previous success with that online form, I was surprised when they didn't respond to my most recent submissions, twice.  After over a month, I emailed the info instead and it was confirmed the same day.  Although they reported twice what I was supposed to receive and that it would not show in my account until after on board.  Is anyone else not able to use stockholder credit now?

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

I believe RCG officially adjusted the combinability of the shareholder benefit around June  2019. Previously I read many complaints about it not being ‘stackable’ with other OBC, or the amount would be reduced if you had other OBC or promo’s. 

I believe many of the restrictions were removed and shareholders is combinable with most fares and other OBC on RCCL. I do not know if Celebrity has lifted its restrictions. 

This is true. You can now use your shareholder's credit along with any other sale or discount.

• Like 1

I didn't realise that shareholder benefit is now combinable. We sold our shares when it proved virtually impossible to get the OBC as most fares seemed to be on promo/have other OBC. Might take a look at buying more. I don't know the current valuation as we bought our last lot for about $6 and sold at a profit

12 hours ago, wallyj said:

Thank you for that information, that eases my concerns.!

I saw the OBC was applied when I logged into my cruise planner. I don't sail until DEC31st.

I have never had luck in the past sending it via email. Guess it all depends on what day you send something if email or electronic works best. LOL.

36 minutes ago, di234 said:

When can you request the stockholders OBC? We sail in January 2022.

As soon as you have a confirmed reservation (booking number).

Must hold a minimum of 100 shares and the OBC will only be granted to the reservation that the shareholder is on.

• 7 months later...
Just now, Missusdubbya said:

you can do 10 cruises at once in the portal

Oh great. Maybe its working better since 6 months ago when I tried to use it and never heard back and finally had to email.

Thanks .. I'll give it a try now..

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

how much is the obc?

$50 for my shorter cruises on grandeur, $100 for 7 up to 14 days. Has to be 14 days to get $250 I believe. My vision is 11 days and still at $100. There are 3 amounts anyway possible. 

It could be $200 for 14 days just woke up and dont have it in front of me, someone will look it up.

Could be its carnival does $250 for 14 days. Get carnival and rcl mixed up but my longest is vision at 11 days. So doesnt matter. $100.   Like I said it was carnival I last read  and they are slightly different. I am sure it's only $50 for my short grandeur and $100 for the rest of mine. 

This is the first time of having Royal stock. I emailed my request 2 weeks ago and only got the automated reply that it would be looked at in the order they received them. Checked in on my Royal account only to see no OBC has been added yet. Anyone have any experience lately and what has the timeframe been?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

This is the first time of having Royal stock. I emailed my request 2 weeks ago and only got the automated reply that it would be looked at in the order they received them. Checked in on my Royal account only to see no OBC has been added yet. Anyone have any experience lately and what has the timeframe been?

I'm not sure what your definition of "lately" is but the last time I applied the OBC was about a year ago. I have never had to wait more than two weeks. In fact, it's usually only a couple days. This is the site I use. It says you can expect a response in 7 days.