MoveUp Offer Question

seacruiserla

32 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Yay! Thanks! I am excited. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this a surprise from my wife for the next 4 days. She was....... less than enthused about the IV. The balcony will make her happy.

I only put in the one bid from CC --> SS. And I only bid the absolute minimum.

Still wondering if I can save another $175 by cancelling the Premium drink package... 

Based on the terms of the Move Up bid program, you will not receive a Premium Drink Package, upgraded internet, or the OBC for a Sky Suite if you did not already have those perks on your original booking.  Since you will be able to partake of the Premium drinks in the Retreat Lounge, you might feel that you will not need it.  You might be able to cancel the drink package upgrade, but I would guess that it is too late.

Edited by jagoffee

I just called the Retreat Concierge to confirm. @jagoffee is correct: no Premium Drinks, no upgraded internet, no OBC. Everything else -- Retreat & Luminae access, priority this and that -- is included.

I am satisfied. Even with the cost of the Premium Drink package, we're way ahead on the minimum Move Up bid than we would have been booking this cabin from the start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just got a move-up to a Sunset Suite on the Silhouette. I'm trying to figure out if we get the complimentary/unlimited specialty dining which is one of the reasons I bid higher on that suite vs. one of the others we were offered. The move-up page had it listed as an amenity we would get but now I am worried that they have misled us based on comments here.

7 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

The suspense is killing me, @sunonfire and @breadandbutter! Did you win your bids?

It's now Tuesday, I'm sailing on Saturday, and my bid still shows as Pending. No activity on my credit card, either. I'm holding off on printing my luggage tags because I'm still hopeful for the upgrade.

The suspense is crazy, still no news.

11 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

HA! I just received the email notice my minimum bid -- USD$700pp -- was accepted for an upgrade from CC to SS.

I'm very happy. I was worried the IV was going to be a real disappointment.

I had purchased the Premium Drink package upgrade. The Suites page on the X website seems to suggest Premium drinks are included with the suites... can I cancel that package now too and get a few bucks back on my credit card?

Wow that’s amazing. Mine is still pending. I sent in 2 bids one expired a few days after and one pending for weeks. I’m sailing this Sat.

Did you notice the credit card charge first or an email?

17 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

I had purchased the Premium Drink package upgrade. The Suites page on the X website seems to suggest Premium drinks are included with the suites... can I cancel that package now too and get a few bucks back on my credit card?

No, when using the move-up program the original perks are kept - like points, beverage package.
So if you had classic included, you´ll have classic after MoveUp. I am saying this based on our own experience as well as available information. The question is, if you really need the Premium. When we upgraded staff in Michael´s and Luminae never cared what kind of package we had.

What you get with the MoveUp are the amenities connected to the new upgraded category - like BLU and persion Garden for AQ and Luminae for suites. 

Edited by Miaminice

On 11/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

The suspense is killing me, @sunonfire and @breadandbutter! Did you win your bids?

It's now Tuesday, I'm sailing on Saturday, and my bid still shows as Pending. No activity on my credit card, either. I'm holding off on printing my luggage tags because I'm still hopeful for the upgrade.

Sorry for not responding sooner, we were cruising. We did not receive the MoveUp upgrade. The notice came late 2 days before the cruise. I wasn’t able to edit or cancel at 4 days out. Another cruiser bid the highest amount  but did not receive the offer.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, seacruiserla said:

Looks like it is 3 weeks in advance.  Thanks for the information.

I think it varies by ship and itinerary.   On my cruises over the past month 1 out of 4 didn't open until 10 days prior to cruise.   Others between 10 and 21 days.     I sent a query to the email link on the page and was told when they expected it to open.     I thought it was just me that couldn't get in.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, WMF123 said:

Finally found out bid was accepted! Credit card charge showed up first then found cabin updated. No emails came thru to say we got upgraded

That has always been the same for me.   I have a smartwatch and have alerts set on my Credit Card for any charges over $10.     I get a vibration on my wrist and when I see it was a charge from Celebrity I know I got updated so then go and look.    The e-mail comes shortly thereafter.

13 hours ago, Cruising Princess said:

My MoveUp was frozen over 8 days ago. It’s still frozen. I can’t go in to modify my offer on either of the two categories I bid on. My cruise sails next Monday, Nov 22nd.  

Ditto….the suspense is killin me!!!

Our sailing is this Saturday and my offer went into Pending 8 days ago as well, with no options to modify or cancel, or even bid on another cabin type.  I guess for these holiday cruises, they'll wait until the 48-hour mark to process them.  Disappointed I can't even make a back-up offer in case this one doesn't clear. 

1 hour ago, ATLJC said:

Our sailing is this Saturday and my offer went into Pending 8 days ago as well, with no options to modify or cancel, or even bid on another cabin type.  I guess for these holiday cruises, they'll wait until the 48-hour mark to process them.  Disappointed I can't even make a back-up offer in case this one doesn't clear. 

Minutes after I posted this, our upgrade cleared for this Saturday!  Happy now!

On 11/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

HA! I just received the email notice my minimum bid -- USD$700pp -- was accepted for an upgrade from CC to SS.

I'm very happy. I was worried the IV was going to be a real disappointment.

Hello.  Never tried upgrading before but curious as to how it would work. We are also in CC interested in perhaps upgrading to SS. However, the minimum bid on the slider is USD $1500 per person. How were you able to submit your USD$700pp bid

Thank you

2 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello.  Never tried upgrading before but curious as to how it would work. We are also in CC interested in perhaps upgrading to SS. However, the minimum bid on the slider is USD $1500 per person. How were you able to submit your USD$700pp bid

Thank you

Im guessing every sailing might have different levels.  I know my sailing, first time I have seen reduced the levels after the first few days.  Never seen that.  The min on your slider is cruise specific.  Not a general rule for all upgrades.  

16 hours ago, Cruising Princess said:

My MoveUp was frozen over 8 days ago. It’s still frozen. I can’t go in to modify my offer on either of the two categories I bid on. My cruise sails next Monday, Nov 22nd.  

Ditto….the suspense is killin me!!!

I'm on the same cruise and the move up bidding started 30 days out which was interesting. My bid has been frozen since I first modified it to a lower amount on Oct 24th. I have not been able to bid on other categories or modify my bid again.

22 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Thank you

Depends on the cruise and your original cabin category.

Just now, jy_cruisefan said:

I see. Ok thanks. Can you request an upgrade on embarkation day at Guest Services just after boarding the ship.

You can do that if they have availability, just have a number in mind because I have heard of good deals and bad deals being offered at that time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

You can do that if they have availability, just have a number in mind because I have heard of good deals and bad deals being offered at that time.

And does THAT upgrade include the additional perks that might come with the new category?

I was once moved from an inside room to a Concierge room due to a room issue.  I received the concierge points per night.  So I'm wondering if the move-up program is different than onboard.

5 hours ago, D C said:

And does THAT upgrade include the additional perks that might come with the new category?

I was once moved from an inside room to a Concierge room due to a room issue.  I received the concierge points per night.  So I'm wondering if the move-up program is different than onboard.

Under MoveUp, the answer to points is NO. But....if you were to upgrade once onboard, I would see that differently and you should get the points.

I’m considering a Move Up bid from a Concierge cabin to a Suite. My understanding is that (if successful) no perks would be included that normally come with a suite but my question is would we still dine in Luminae and also have access to the Retreat?  I guess I’m not sure if these are considered perks. 

Thanks in advance for any replies.