Drink packages

sltintexas

22 hours ago, crzndeb said:

$60 a day with the 18% gratuity added.

Domestic Beers are the cheapest items on the menu at $6.50($7.67 with tip)

Cheapest cocktails are $9.50($11.21 with tip).

Wines start around the cocktails prices.

If you are a pure beer drinker, you are looking at a 8 drinks a day to be worth it.

If you are a cocktail/wine drinker, you would need 6 drinks a day.

Or course these are all basic drinks so if you are ordering better beers and signature cocktails, its going to take less to make it worth it.  

For my wife and I its always worth it.  We can have a drink before we get off at port, come back and have a drink or two before getting ready for dinner, have a wine or two at dinner and then a couple of drinks at night.  On sea days its even easier.  

3 hours ago, trulytracy said:

We aren't big drinkers but the best thing about the drink package is feeling free to experiment. Always wondered what a Pink Lady looked and tasted like? Order one! An Old-fashioned? Try it! It's a great way to discover what drinks you like and don't like.

I initially read Pink Lady as Pink [insert word whose euphemism is kitty cat] and reflexively wanted to warn you against it. A bartender made one and poured a tiny portion for a couple of us at the bar. It's Bailey's and Campari. It's also horrifying. Been awhile since I've seen someone laugh that hard. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's what I got and why I said for me it was worth it.

Only let me use twice. Had to book the last one without it. I keep checking hoping I get another cheers rate offer. 

I used the free cheers promo 2x and was hoping for a 3rd offer.  Still waiting to rebook one more cruise and I've been getting the RU1 offer in the past.  Like you I have been checking every day for another offer. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

I added the drink package for $25pp total on my 4 day cruise on the Miracle out of LA this December.

You simply added it to your existing  booking for $25 pp how? With a promo code at checkout when purchasing cheers? 

32 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

You simply added it to your existing  booking for $25 pp how? With a promo code at checkout when purchasing cheers? 

It had the different types of booking when you click on the cruise. I went to "other offers" and scrolled down.  You have to be a past guest. I also just booked for October & Dec of 2022 with promo. but it looked like it was $35pp for those. These are all 4 day cruises. I could also get it on a 10 day Europe for 2022. Maybe for $100pp I think.

• Thanks 1

I don't really worry if I got a deal or not. I had it on my last cruise and it was so nice not to worry about what I was drinking or how much I was spending on alcohol. Usually by day 5 I just stop drinking to save money. The other perks like the coffee and such was nice too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

No, like your $200 cabin, the cheers cruisefare has to be in your offers. 

You saved enough just to pay for it lol. Its full fare plus a little.

If you click on offers and dont have it be glad you got a cheap cabin . For sure it's not a discounted rate...but it has to be in offers. Its random who gets what offers as far as I can tell. 

But no you can just add it on for $25 pp .. I'm sure he means over and above the cheapest regular rate.

Mine were $35 and $25 above full rates. Still good since I have no discounted offers. Limit 2 cruises with that rate.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, wemjam said:

They were offering some guests a special code that included cheers with their booking.  We took advantage of this on 3 cruises this year.  That is the only sale I am are of.  We have never had cheers in over 40 cruises but it was only an extra $150-$200 total for both of us on each cruise so we added it!

wish they had offered us that! We did get the AARP gift cards and plan on buying before get on board so will save total of 20%

11 minutes ago, PSU2LSU said:

So we can only use the "Free" Cheers promo 2x.  Is that why it has failed to reappear in my VIFP offers?

Correct, it should be 2x per person that it is given too.  My husband had it, and I had it, so we were able to do it for 3 of our (we opted to not do it for the 4th).  My offer is "gone" but his still shows (since he has the ability to use it 1 more time).

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

Correct, it should be 2x per person that it is given too.  My husband had it, and I had it, so we were able to do it for 3 of our (we opted to not do it for the 4th).  My offer is "gone" but his still shows (since he has the ability to use it 1 more time).

My wife and I have both been offered in the past.  We've used it 3x so I guess I should keep checking hers as well as mine to see if we can sneak one more cruise with the RU1 offer in.  Fingers crossed we get an offer before Sept 30th when we have to rebook our last cancelled cruise. 

33 minutes ago, PSU2LSU said:

My wife and I have both been offered in the past.  We've used it 3x so I guess I should keep checking hers as well as mine to see if we can sneak one more cruise with the RU1 offer in.  Fingers crossed we get an offer before Sept 30th when we have to rebook our last cancelled cruise. 

My husbands RU2 is showing available now, just FYI

On 7/20/2021 at 3:35 PM, sltintexas said:

Do drink packages on Carnival Dream go on sale, like they do on Royal Caribbean.  If so, is there a sweet spot to start looking for deals, or just check every day.

Royal Caribbean deals with what they call "Dynamic Pricing".  This means that their cruise planner items such as drink packages, dining packages, excursions, etc are not the same price wise.  It all depends upon the ship you're on, the time of year that you're cruising and how the sales are going on that particular sailing with what you're trying to purchase.

On Carnival, Cheers costs 56.95 per day on board and 51.95 per day pre cruise, giving you unlimited non alcoholic drinks and 15 alcoholic ones with a cost up to 20.00.  The same package on Royal gives you unlimited drinks with the alcoholic ones having a 13.00 maximum price.  The price on Royal fluctuates with Dynamic Pricing and could be below 50 or above 70, once again, depending upon your ship and sail date.  Royal has a standard price of 89.00 and and discounts it anywhere from 10%-50%.

Royal makes you jump through hoops trying to get the best deal on their stuff, Carnival is upfront and doesn't fluctuate depending upon which ship you're on or when you sail.

Just checking my deals and RU2 is there. Can you change a cruise that is already booked and paid for under early saver to the RU2 rate? It is an increase of about $190 total but I can live with that over the $615. We don't drink $615 worth but could $190.

9 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

So we can only use the "Free" Cheers promo 2x.  Is that why it has failed to reappear in my VIFP offers?

Well it wasnt free, but a very gold price. 

Usued it twice and offer is gone now from my offers.

30 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Just checking my deals and RU2 is there. Can you change a cruise that is already booked and paid for under early saver to the RU2 rate? It is an increase of about $190 total but I can live with that over the $615. We don't drink $615 worth but could $190.

Yes you can rebook it with the Free Cheer Promo.  Just call up your Carnival TA and he/she can switch it for you.  Our had done it for us before.  

13 hours ago, canes20 said:

Yes, if you have a PVP (which I highly recommend) call and they can switch it over no problem.  If you booked with a TA you will need to call them direct and have them do it.  If neither of these, you will need to call the normal call center and ask them to do it.  Be advised, there are REALLY long wait times right now because of all the recent cancellations- Hopefully you have a PVP with a direct extension or email to make it quicker for you!