Q6 grade on QM2

AspirationalFlyer

Hello everyone 

I’ve booked a Q6 grade room on QM2. It is my first time in QG (infact the Grills generally) so wanted to get some opinions on rooms and their location. 

Two questions:

1. Any preference between deck 9 and deck 10? Noted that the Commodore is on deck 9, but I’d be at least 3-4 rooms away. 

2. Any preferred Q6 rooms if they are available? 

Happy to be redirected to another thread if these questions have been answered elsewhere. 

Thank you 

Q6 cabins are forward on deck 9 (there are two on 10 far forward. The Cabins on 9,10,11 are Q5, and of course the Q4-1 Q4 on 9,10, Q1, Q2 Duplex on 9/10 and a single level Q2 forward on 10, and Q3 forward on 10. There are also Q7 aft on 8 but these are handicap cabins. 

As to preference, Port or Starboard depending on the direction and if you want sun or shade.

9022 Port and 9013 Starboard are the furthest aft Q6 and nearest the middle of the ship for stability The further forward you go you might notice the pitching of the ship in rough weather. Port would be sunny west bound and Starboard would sunny eastbound. 

Edited by Bigmike911

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

If you are one of those who thinks the lifeboats obstruct the view, you would be pleased to note that the forward three on each side are beyond the lifeboats. 

Thank you! Good point. Can anyone remember the website that showed the view from each QM2 balcony/window? I think the view may be partially obstructed from 9.007 and 9.008? I’ve looked at the deck plans but they are indicative only and not always entirely accurate. 

2 hours ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Thank you! Good point. Can anyone remember the website that showed the view from each QM2 balcony/window? I think the view may be partially obstructed from 9.007 and 9.008? I’ve looked at the deck plans but they are indicative only and not always entirely accurate. 

There's a sticky post at the top of this forum: "What do the obstructed views look like?"

3 hours ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

I don't actually mind the lifeboats, but certainly we had 9006 once, and looked straight down onto the prom deck.

We have been in Queens Grill twice (one was purchased as QG but was upgraded from Q6 to Q5, the other was an upgrade from PG) on QM2, in cabins 9023, which is located midship one (or so) doors down from the B Stairwell, and 9063, which is located aft at the D Stairwell.

As noted somewhere upstream, a few cabins forward and aft are located past the lifeboats, so they are not particularly visible from the balcony. This was true for 9063, in the first picture shown below.

For 9023, it was in the middle of the life boats, but immediately over the rescue boat (the smaller, faster boat located in the middle). This is shown in the second photo below.

In general, I prefer the view not include the top of the lifeboats, but since deck 9 is pretty much all QG, I can be forced to suffer through being assigned to that category.

Cabin 9063 balcony:

1986065227_QM2Suite9063.jpg.981548bad77932e8c6b88ecb5ce1245e.jpg

Cabin 9023 balcony:

2062554941_QM2Suite9023.jpg.bf741bbf2ecd8e5d12ce613479fd540c.jpg

At some point, we would love to sail in Queen's Grill but the cabin designation is a little bit confusing. On the CruiseCritic  Cunard Board, Queens Grill cabins are usually designated as Q6, Q5, Q4, Q3, Q2 & Q1. When I look on the Cunard website they are listed as Queens Suite, Penthouse, Royal Suite, Duplexes & Grand Duplex. How do these 5 categories match up with Q6 - Q1?

Jack

19 minutes ago, Jack E Dawson said:

At some point, we would love to sail in Queen's Grill but the cabin designation is a little bit confusing. On the CruiseCritic  Cunard Board, Queens Grill cabins are usually designated as Q6, Q5, Q4, Q3, Q2 & Q1. When I look on the Cunard website they are listed as Queens Suite, Penthouse, Royal Suite, Duplexes & Grand Duplex. How do these 5 categories match up with Q6 - Q1?

Jack

There is a brochure that links the names to the numbers: 

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/us-brochures/2019-Grill-Suites-Overview.pdf

After the brochure's marketing talk over how the Grills Experience will change your life (perhaps a bit exaggerated), around page 25 or so is a listing of Grills cabin categories that give the name Cunard uses and the numbers that are more common on these boards.

• Like 1

Guest SilverHengroen
34 minutes ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Jack

Q6+Q5 - Queen's Suite, Q4 - Penthouse, Q3 - Royal Suite, Q2 - Royal suite or Duplex, Q1 - Grand Duplex. 

I would absolutely go for a Q6 cabin far forward on Deck 9.  

We had a Q6 on our last EB crossing (9011) and loved it.  Best aspect was that to get to meals in the QG, it was a nice scenic journey: turn right out of the cabin, go forward into the CC, down the scenic elevator to Deck 7, then out along the promenade deck, ducking back into the superstructure of the ship right at the door leading into the  QG/GL.  The weather mostly cooperated (despite being a December crossing), and since I think the promenade on Deck 7 is one of the best features of QM2, it was a wonderful way to use it heading to and from meals.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, TouchstoneFeste said:

There's a sticky post at the top of this forum: "What do the obstructed views look like?"

Thanks! But I don’t think it covers the Q6 rooms. I think it is aimed at the Britannia rooms on deck 8 below. 

3 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

I would absolutely go for a Q6 cabin far forward on Deck 9.  

We had a Q6 on our last EB crossing (9011) and loved it.  Best aspect was that to get to meals in the QG, it was a nice scenic journey: turn right out of the cabin, go forward into the CC, down the scenic elevator to Deck 7, then out along the promenade deck, ducking back into the superstructure of the ship right at the door leading into the  QG/GL.  The weather mostly cooperated (despite being a December crossing), and since I think the promenade on Deck 7 is one of the best features of QM2, it was a wonderful way to use it heading to and from meals.

Thank you! Sounds awesome. I have the room next door booked (!), so very glad it is a good location. I travelled at the front of deck 12 on my transatlantic trip and really enjoyed that location too. 

• Like 1