Refunding question...

NewSalty

So we had our Feb 2022 Quest Antarctica cruise cancelled, and unfortunately, the only option that worked for us was a full refund. Not worried about the cruise deposit supposedly being refunded in 45 days, but do have some concerns about the Azamsra excursions which we had already prepurchased.  Does anybody know if these will also be (automatically) refunded in that 45 day window, or do I need to make some noise with Azamsra to get that moving?

4 days after cancellation of our May 2022 cruise was announced our reservation was still active in the system. The Indulgence package can’t be cancelled via the Cruise planner so I called and they cancelled that and I had a refund in 7 days.

After having over 12 cancellations I found that often they process the cancellations and refunds in date order and that excursions or speciality dining packages can be cancelled via the Cruise Planner as long as the reservation is active and those refunds come rather quickly.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:42 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

In the past cancelled excursions have always been refunded very quickly. Is the cruise still showing up in your online account? If so, then it may be worth cancelling the excursions in the voyage planner for the cruise.

Yeah, I waited a little too long - it's gone from my account now... I'll post here again when it (the refund) does show up.

• 2 months later...

Well, it took a fair amount more than 45 days, and some wrangling on my part, but the refunds (deposit & excursion) did finally come through yesterday.  After 60+ days, I called Azamara CS, waited an hour or so for a rep, and got informed that the refunds had been "rejected" by the credit card bank.  (How convenient...)  They put in a "work order" to process the refund with 2 weeks, and took most of that time to get it done.  But they did get it done.

Not a very encouraging sign for their fiscal solvency if they're clinging to money that tightly...

26 minutes ago, NewSalty said:

Well, it took a fair amount more than 45 days, and some wrangling on my part, but the refunds (deposit & excursion) did finally come through yesterday.  After 60+ days, I called Azamara CS, waited an hour or so for a rep, and got informed that the refunds had been "rejected" by the credit card bank.  (How convenient...)  They put in a "work order" to process the refund with 2 weeks, and took most of that time to get it done.  But they did get it done.

Not a very encouraging sign for their fiscal solvency if they're clinging to money that tightly...

Maybe the refund was rejected. Maybe it wasn't, but your final throw away comment is baseless and does nothing to add to your post. I'm glad you got your money back. I've been there too, but it was the travel agent that I booked through and I don't use them now. 

Phil 

• Like 3

We have had a similar problem with  cricket Test match tickets when the game was cancelled. The card has been renewed since we paid 2 years ago and they cannot automatically repay us. Probably a smaller amount but to safe guard us all from.money laundering and fraud banks are cautious and accurate details are required. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 11:11 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Maybe the refund was rejected. Maybe it wasn't, but your final throw away comment is baseless and does nothing to add to your post. I'm glad you got your money back. I've been there too, but it was the travel agent that I booked through and I don't use them now. 

Phil 

I don't see how it's baseless... Rejected or not, they planned from the start to take 45 days, and then further took all of the 2 weeks they promised to finally refund.  That's a very long timeframe for an electronic transaction which could have taken place within 24 hours - I stand by my observation that it's not a good sign.

I worry not because I'm pissed at Azamara, but because I don't want to see them disappear!

1 hour ago, NewSalty said:

I don't see how it's baseless... Rejected or not, they planned from the start to take 45 days, and then further took all of the 2 weeks they promised to finally refund.  That's a very long timeframe for an electronic transaction which could have taken place within 24 hours - I stand by my observation that it's not a good sign.

I worry not because I'm pissed at Azamara, but because I don't want to see them disappear!

My point was it's baseless to question their solvency because they took a while to refund you. You don't have access to Sycamore's financials to know that. From what I've seen they seem to have plenty of money. And from past experience it's often the big boys that take the longest to pay!

Phil 

• Like 4