Edge Sky Suite

Julma

24 minutes ago, Julma said:

99% sure we are going to book an August cruise on the Edge.  Looking at a Sky Suite.  Any tips on good/bad rooms?   General Retreat tips appreciated as well.  TIA

All Sky suites have the same benefits.  It is the location that will be different.  A few here have commented that the S3 Sky Suites on EDGE mid ship along the Magic Carpet track are a bit less desirable.

25 minutes ago, Julma said:

99% sure we are going to book an August cruise on the Edge.  Looking at a Sky Suite.  Any tips on good/bad rooms?   General Retreat tips appreciated as well.  TIA

I stayed in an S1, with the bed facing the water/balcony.  Loved having that view every morning and evening.  The S3 has the bed facing the wall, from what I gather, but are a little less expensive.

The Retreat is a whole topic in and of itself.  The Luminae restaurant is great, and they’ll bend over backwards to give you what you want, on or off the menu.  The Concierges are wonderful and do the same, only from a scheduling standpoint (specialty restaurants, excursions, etc).  My Butler even stocked my favorite beer in the fridge every day.  While I feel I’m totally capable of packing/unpacking my things, my stewardess kept offering to do it for me.

I found the Retreat Bar to be rather subdued most nights.  There were moments, but I didn’t find much in the way of other people hanging out there most nights.  The Retreat pool and lounge areas were gorgeous and great to hang out to get some time to read a book, for example.

In general, it’s a very laid back place to be where you can do as little or as much as you want to do.

• Like 1

Thanks so much!  First time on Edge and very last minute (and not without concern), so planning is intense.  We are looking at room 10141.  Thought the location was good between mid and forward (where I understand the Retreat is).   Any info good or bad on this room would be appreciated.

55 minutes ago, Julma said:

Thanks so much!  First time on Edge and very last minute (and not without concern), so planning is intense.  We are looking at room 10141.  Thought the location was good between mid and forward (where I understand the Retreat is).   Any info good or bad on this room would be appreciated.

There really are no bad Sky Suite cabins.  I was in10177, so close to yours.  It is right between the fore and aft elevators, so nice location.  Have fun!

I had originally booked a S3 corner and posted about it a while ago, and got a number of positive responses as does the Edge SR Spreadsheet comments show. Moved to a S2 because our daughter may join us and all the S3 3-persons were booked, so jumped up to an S2 so we an add her next year If she can go…..darn jobs interfering! 

Den

1 hour ago, JFontaine said:

I was in an inside S3 (not corner) on 9 and loved the location and no noise from hallway because of the vestibule.  I would book that cabin again without hesitation. 

I agree - we were just in one on 8 - having that little private hallway was great - never heard any noise at all. The Magic Carpet thing was all the way up most of the time and I knew to book a lower level floor so that if you looked up, it wouldn't be right over your head 🙂   We never saw or heard the carpet go by ever - kinda wanted to at some point!  Great Cabin!

• Like 1

We booked one of the S3’s along the magic carpet that connects (through previously mentioned vestibule) to an inside stateroom for my (then) 18 year old son on the Apex next June. Glad to hear it’s quiet and that the Magic Carpet doesn’t move often. Of course some itineraries may vary.  

3 hours ago, Water babies said:

We booked one of the S3’s along the magic carpet that connects (through previously mentioned vestibule) to an inside stateroom for my (then) 18 year old son on the Apex next June. Glad to hear it’s quiet and that the Magic Carpet doesn’t move often. Of course some itineraries may vary.  

If I understand correctly. You booked a Sky Suite with a inside cabin vestibule. I thought I remember Celebrity telling us that if you both cabins together that the inside cabin will have access to the Retreat and Luminae. I asked about it here on CC and may people told me no. The inside cabin will not have access to to Retreat or Luminae. What were you told from your TA or Celebrity? 

Celebrity told me to just speak with the staff onboard about him dining in Luminae and it would be arranged. We have booked a Royal Suite on M-class ships in the past, but wanted 2 bathrooms and a real bed for him since he usually gets the pull out sofa. This was the most reasonable option. Celebrity had marketed them as “family suites” on certain Edge holiday cruises. In reality, my son usually only eats dinner with us once he finds friends his own age to “hang out” with. He won’t likely want to use the Retreat pool or lounge. My sister is now booked on this cruise in a single cabin (IV)—we know there will be a charge for her to dine with us in Luminae. We actually intend to try the 4 dining rooms with her and maybe a specialty restaurant in addition to Luminae (which we do enjoy).

We have just left an S1 aft corner sky suite.  7306.  Loved it.  But if you can’t walk easily or don’t want to walk a lot, avoid it because it is a long haul to the Retreat and Luminae.

we liked the walking.  It made it easier to get steps in, or extra steps, so that was a plus for us.  No issues with the cabin, but I was more aware of engine noise and vibration than I remember being previously.  Not enough to not get the same cabin again.  There was a small amount of soot on the balcony at times.  The room steward tried hard to stay on top of it and we were careful to inspect before sitting.  We are fans of the aft corner.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 7:20 AM, graphicguy said:

I stayed in an S1, with the bed facing the water/balcony.  Loved having that view every morning and evening.  The S3 has the bed facing the wall, from what I gather, but are a little less expensive.

The Retreat is a whole topic in and of itself.  The Luminae restaurant is great, and they’ll bend over backwards to give you what you want, on or off the menu.  The Concierges are wonderful and do the same, only from a scheduling standpoint (specialty restaurants, excursions, etc).  My Butler even stocked my favorite beer in the fridge every day.  While I feel I’m totally capable of packing/unpacking my things, my stewardess kept offering to do it for me.

I found the Retreat Bar to be rather subdued most nights.  There were moments, but I didn’t find much in the way of other people hanging out there most nights.  The Retreat pool and lounge areas were gorgeous and great to hang out to get some time to read a book, for example.

In general, it’s a very laid back place to be where you can do as little or as much as you want to do.

Glad that you enjoyed your SS. We’re booked in an aft corner S1 out of Rome in May. X does suites well. We know the walk to the Retreat will be a haul but we had an aft corner PH on the Bliss and it too was a haul to the Haven but we got our exercise. 😊

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 10:50 AM, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

We have just left an S1 aft corner sky suite.  7306.  Loved it.  But if you can’t walk easily or don’t want to walk a lot, avoid it because it is a long haul to the Retreat and Luminae.

we liked the walking.  It made it easier to get steps in, or extra steps, so that was a plus for us.  No issues with the cabin, but I was more aware of engine noise and vibration than I remember being previously.  Not enough to not get the same cabin again.  There was a small amount of soot on the balcony at times.  The room steward tried hard to stay on top of it and we were careful to inspect before sitting.  We are fans of the aft corner.

Hi Georgia Peach - thanks for the description.  We just booked that suite for February.  Did you take any pictures you could attach?  Does the bed face out towards the ocean?

On 7/23/2021 at 9:10 AM, TeeRick said:

All Sky suites have the same benefits.  It is the location that will be different.  A few here have commented that the S3 Sky Suites on EDGE mid ship along the Magic Carpet track are a bit less desirable.

We love them, they have much larger balconies ( don’t tell anyone).

S3 on Edge Class ships are actually not bad at all.

The balcony is bigger. Comes with two loungers as well as a side table and 2 chairs and still have ample room to lay down a yoga mat (if you want to do some stretching in the early morning with open sea view).

Magic Carpet is not much of a bother. When it moves, no one is on the Magic Carpet (for safety reasons) so there's no privacy issues and they move up and down pretty quickly.