Is Royal Caribbean trying to get all Canadians to cancel their planned cruises?

7 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If I knew for certain that the borders would be open I would have zero hesitation with leaving the kids with my parents for the week and going with just the two of us.  Problem with that is my parents are booked to cruise with us and it would be super rude hahaha. True story. 

But grandparents are supposed to LOVE their grandkids.... LMAO

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If I knew for certain that the borders would be open I would have zero hesitation with leaving the kids with my parents for the week and going with just the two of us.  Problem with that is my parents are booked to cruise with us and it would be super rude hahaha. True story. 

To bad you don't live in Mexico. That boarder never closes. Maybe you folks could teach us how to do it.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, brillohead said:

But grandparents are supposed to LOVE their grandkids.... LMAO

Very true but....IF the borders are open there is a very good chance my parents will be going WITHOUT US LOL. Reason being we're booked in JS's and the double points will catch my parents up to Diamond with us.....4 free drinks is 4 free drinks. 😉

Just now, Mapleleafforever said:

Very true but....IF the borders are open there is a very good chance my parents will be going WITHOUT US LOL. Reason being we're booked in JS's and the double points will catch my parents up to Diamond with us.....4 free drinks is 4 free drinks. 😉

The border is open if you fly there, just can drive there for a nonessential reason

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

The border is open if you fly there, just can drive there for a nonessential reason

Here's to hoping it stays that way.....able to fly that is.....hoping the land border gets opened as well soon, would mean things are looking up. 

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I hear ya... I am taking full advantage of the current double-points situation along with the double-points for solo to get myself to that magical 340 number where I get the 150% single supplement discount. (A quick glance at my signature and you'll see what I mean.)

Paying 200% for cruises really sucks, and knocking that down to 150% is going to save me lots of money (meaning more cruises for me)!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I hear ya... I am taking full advantage of the current double-points situation along with the double-points for solo to get myself to that magical 340 number where I get the 150% single supplement discount. (A quick glance at my signature and you'll see what I mean.)

Paying 200% for cruises really sucks, and knocking that down to 150% is going to save me lots of money (meaning more cruises for me)!!!

That's awesome!!! I hadn't noticed before, that's quite a lot of points coming your way!! Not knowing about the single supplement discount before I now understand why so many were overly excited about some extra points.....I get it now, potentially massive savings on the line. 

18 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's awesome!!! I hadn't noticed before, that's quite a lot of points coming your way!! Not knowing about the single supplement discount before I now understand why so many were overly excited about some extra points.....I get it now, potentially massive savings on the line. 

Yep, I added the 4-day Freedom to my upcoming S2S/B2B/S2S extravaganza specifically to hit that beloved 340 level by the end of May next year.... which means if I can cruise for all of Oct/Nov 2022 like I'm planning/hoping, I'll be essentially getting two whole weeks of "free" cruises.  Spend $700 now to save $2000+ one year later (and forever and ever from that point forward)... that's a no-brainer in my book!  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing back this thread since this topic was debated extensively.  From RCL's directions on vaccines.

For Cruises Departing from U.S. Ports 

The U.S. CDC has clarified their position regarding mixed vaccinations and provided updated guidance to Royal Caribbean. Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated.

To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer with the last dose administered at least 14 days before their sail date.

The CDC has provided the following reference to support their decision:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html#Interchangeability

We continue to encourage the CDC and other U.S. government officials to re-evaluate this policy.

14 minutes ago, DeanD said:

Bringing back this thread since this topic was debated extensively.  From RCL's directions on vaccines.

For Cruises Departing from U.S. Ports 

The U.S. CDC has clarified their position regarding mixed vaccinations and provided updated guidance to Royal Caribbean. Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated.

To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer with the last dose administered at least 14 days before their sail date.

The CDC has provided the following reference to support their decision:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html#Interchangeability

We continue to encourage the CDC and other U.S. government officials to re-evaluate this policy.

Correct URL:

Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC