Why not 95%

Fla Senior

9 minutes ago, complawyer said:

why take the chance. you might unfortunately run into someone in the 5% unvaccinated group and ruin your entire cruise.  give me 100% for security and safety concerns.

Hey look!  I 100% agree with @complawyer!!  Sweet! 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The 95% rule seems to be working fine for Celebrity out of Florida..... Sailing this Sunday...I expect no issues. Had the Joy booked, but NCL pulled the rug out from everyone earlier this summer.  

There is no 95% rule. That is their goal. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, complawyer said:

why take the chance. you might unfortunately run into someone in the 5% unvaccinated group and ruin your entire cruise.  give me 100% for security and safety concerns.

Unless you plan to stay on the ship, have you considered the vaccination rate for any of the ports you will be visiting?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no 95% rule. That is their goal. 

well in that case, bon voyage, have a terrific cruise, stay safe and healthy.please comment whenyou get back. i think it would be interesting to see how your cruise went, especially in lightof your many fine posts

1 minute ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Unless you plan to stay on the ship, have you considered the vaccination rate for any of the ports you will be visiting?

no, but (1) we've had the shots (2) we'll be masked (3) the excursions only last a few hours (4) the proximity of fellow passengers on a cruise ship is much closer than at the ports. i believe it would be easier to keep your distance from others at a port as opposed to your ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

Don't disagree. Carnival has shown that the gov is not enforcing his EO. So why doesn't NCL sail with 100%. Just makes no sense! Thanks for all your thoughts. Peace out.

Edited by Fla Senior

4 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

I'll believe that when we see the first credible proof (e.g. a photo of a six year old on an NCL ship) that it's happening.  If there's no proof, it didn't happen.

if there is no proof that vaccinated people are actually sailing on NcL from the USA it didn’t happen either. There is no proof yet, it didn’t happen? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Exactly, I'd say it's a case of 100% vaccinated for all those eligible to be vaccinated. Can't really blame the cruise line for kids being ineligible. I'm fine with their making exceptions, FYI.

But that is not what the disclaimer published yesterday stated. NCL specifically stated they may allow religious exemptions too. That was a very bold statement IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

For a variety of reasons, sailing with 100% vaccinated is highly unlikely.  It may allow you to feel safer, but cruise lines can’t afford to alienate nearly 50% of the population. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, boatclub1 said:

Hello,

I agree with this topic that everyone or at least 95% of people should be vaccinated.   I am vaccinated and was looking at a cruise in Jan or Feb of 2022.   I called Norwegian & Celebrity yesterday and both said that effective November of 2021 {leaving out of USA} - there are no more restrictions for vaccine and or unvaccinated people......so anyone can get on the ship.  

Are you sure about that?

Is it possible that they said that they don't yet have the restrictions and regulations for Nov 2021 and beyond, rather that they've decided that there's going to be NO regulations at all?

That would be an extreme about-face if you're correct.  Did they point you to any policy document that said that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

For a variety of reasons, sailing with 100% vaccinated is highly unlikely.  It may allow you to feel safer, but cruise lines can’t afford to alienate nearly 50% of the population. 

they'd alienate a whole bunch more people if they allowed unvaccinated to sail and a covid epidemic broke out onboard. remember the pacific princess that was stuck out side of japan and wasnt allowed to dock. getting the shot i sooooo easy, i fail to understand why some folks are so adamant against getting it.  isnt it better to err on the side of caution and just get the vaccination

7 minutes ago, complawyer said:

they'd alienate a whole bunch more people if they allowed unvaccinated to sail and a covid epidemic broke out onboard. remember the pacific princess that was stuck out side of japan and wasnt allowed to dock. getting the shot i sooooo easy, i fail to understand why some folks are so adamant against getting it.  isnt it better to err on the side of caution and just get the vaccination

The "Pacific Princess" is the cruise lines pandemic proverbial 'dead horse' used over and over by the CDC almost 18 months later.

No consideration to 'no one knew what the heck "it" was, there were no therapeutics or even treatment regimens, there were no masks or social distancing protocols, and, there was no (vaccine) vaccination of almost all of the crew and 95% of the passengers on the ship and it was not at one quarter to one third capacity.

Comparing the Pacific Princess to what is cruising now is simply incongruent.

• Like 1

ok my friend, please feel free to take any  cruise with any cruise line that will allow unvaccinated passengers on board. apparently you completely missed the point. why take a chance on a cruise where  unvaccinated people are allowed to board and risk getting sick. of course no one knew back then, they know now so the appropriate precautions can be taken.

21 hours ago, twentyknots said:

The 95% rule in Florida would seem to potentially cause significant problems for both passengers and crusie lines, assuming the state enforces its executive order.

Suppose 1500 persons booked a cruise departing from Florida.  Let's say 95% or 1425 noted on the health questionaire that they had been vaccinated and 75 had some other acceptable reason why they had not.  However, upon arriving at the terminal only 1200 volunteered proof of vaccination.  What happens then?

The 1200 can board for sure.  To meet the 95% rule they can only allow 63 additional passengers onboard without a wristband, for a total of 1263.  What happens to the other 237 passengers waiting to board?

That would mean that 237 "other" passengers had lied on their health questionnaire and/or to the phone agent stating they were vaccinated and would volunteer proof upon check in.  As such, they would not be allowed to board given they misrepresented their health status.

Andy, they'd forfeit their fare because of their misrepresentation.

Edited by graphicguy

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That would mean that 237 "other" passengers had lied on their health questionnaire and/or to the phone agent stating they were vaccinated and would volunteer proof upon check in.  As such, they would not be allowed to board given they misrepresented their health status.

Andy, they'd forfeit their fare because of their misrepresentation.

Please provide a Link to this policy. I’ve read nothing remotely close for ncl. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Are you sure about that?

Is it possible that they said that they don't yet have the restrictions and regulations for Nov 2021 and beyond, rather that they've decided that there's going to be NO regulations at all?

That would be an extreme about-face if you're correct.  Did they point you to any policy document that said that?

exactly, NCL hasn't released guidelines for Nov21 and beyond

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

ok my friend, please feel free to take any  cruise with any cruise line that will allow unvaccinated passengers on board. apparently you completely missed the point. why take a chance on a cruise where  unvaccinated people are allowed to board and risk getting sick. of course no one knew back then, they know now so the appropriate precautions can be taken.

Simply pointing out with clarity that the world of health, science and medicine, as well as cruise lines, are not in the same status as the Pacific Princess 18 months ago.  If some believe it is, then relying on  a 100% vaccinated designated cruise will make little difference in comprehension.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

No- but I think a family looking to book a last minute cruise to Alaska is a possibility. The encore is holding prices for August, but the gem prices are dropping fast. A family looking for a last minute summer vacation at rock bottom prices can sail on the gem in a few weeks for a steal.

Not commenting that it’s going to happen, but it is a possibility.

WOW...  Just checked the GEM prices...  They are a steal!!  Thanks, I'll tell a friend! 😃

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gen X Life said:

WOW...  Just checked the GEM prices...  They are a steal!!  Thanks, I'll tell a friend! 😃

You are most welcome! Enjoy!!!

My point regarding the demand for 100% vaccination is that if there was a huge demand for 100% vaccinated cruises, people would be booking the NCL ships instead of the ships being offered by the competition..... and that just isn't happening. 

On 7/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Fair enough....I'm ready to head to the port myself..  🙂

Have a wonderful and safe trip and Cruise!!  Make sure to come back and tell us all about it, so we can all be horribly jealous!!  

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, Named-Tawny said:

Are you sure about that?

Yes, that is what I was told by both Norwegian and Celebrity customer service, I called the 1-800 number.   I did call Carnival as well and asked the same question about only vaccinated people on the cruise and customer services said "only vaccinated people on our cruises till Oct 31, 2021 - after that they go by what the CDC says.   

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

You are most welcome! Enjoy!!!

My point regarding the demand for 100% vaccination is that if there was a huge demand for 100% vaccinated cruises, people would be booking the NCL ships instead of the ships being offered by the competition..... and that just isn't happening. 

What's not happening is that there are no NCL ships sailing. LOL

21 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

LOL- you do know you can track inventory, right? It’s easy to figure out what ships are selling well and which aren’t 🙂 

I don't know how to do that and I'm guessing it would be "illegal" for you to tell us.  Can you give us any hints without risk of banishment?

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I don't know how to do that and I'm guessing it would be "illegal" for you to tell us.  Can you give us any hints without risk of banishment?

Sure… for you let me give it a try. Pull up virtually any LARGE travel agent site. Big box sites work nicely. Put in your ship date and take it all the way to choosing a cabin. Most sites will only list 15 cabins per category as available. If there are 15 listed, it is highly likely there are many more. Click thru each category and scan. If you go down the line of categories and find 15 available in most the ship is not selling well (at all). If you compare a NCL cruise in September to a CCL (or RCL) cruise of the same (or close) date, you can see that CcL and RCl cabins are selling more than NCL cabins are. Part of that can be explained by NCL not yet sailing and people are gun shy do you this (and their financial position), but if 💯 was the most important thing then you would expect NCL to capture some of the CcL and RCl market share. That isn’t happening. It’s a time consuming process, but I’ve got spreadsheets dating back decades. Clear trends have emerged time and time again. Unfortunately my data maybe no longer relevant, but new data will emerge.