Curbside Baggage Check In At FLL.

CHEZMARYLOU

Does Southwest Airlines offer curbside baggage check in at FLL? Or express baggage in the terminal? Or self tagging in the terminal?  It's been a while since we flew Southwest and the last time we were able to use Luggage Valet. Our flight is too early, even if it is being offered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Amazingly, most time that I have been flying in the last year, the lines for curbside are FAR longer than for checking bags inside.  In addition, a number of carriers will charge you for using curbside.

We found this to be true going back further than last year at several airports.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We found this to be true going back further than last year at several airports.

I have experienced this as well.  But, it was a nominal fee.  Exactly how much, I don't recall, but it certainly beat having to stand in line for check-in inside the terminal.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I have experienced this as well.  But, it was a nominal fee.  Exactly how much, I don't recall, but it certainly beat having to stand in line for check-in inside the terminal.  

If I am in SoFla and have to stand in a line, it's going to be in the air-conditioned terminal, not the hot exterior.  And if it's winter in Chicago, NO WAY am I standing in an outdoor line if I don't absolutely have to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

If I am in SoFla and have to stand in a line, it's going to be in the air-conditioned terminal, not the hot exterior.  And if it's winter in Chicago, NO WAY am I standing in an outdoor line if I don't absolutely have to.

Yes...and usually not much of a line inside for business/first.

Our experience (early 2020) was that we could not check luggage through, inside the terminal, until our flight was within 3(?) hours away.  So hundreds of people sit on the floor with lots of luggage, waiting.  Outside, after standing in the long line, one can check luggage at any time, but attendant holds out his hand while saying what good care he will be giving us.

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Outside, after standing in the long line, one can check luggage at any time, but attendant holds out his hand while saying what good care he will be giving us.

I don't recall the airport, but I do recall that kind of a situation.  Given the convenience, I "took care" of him.  Must have been enough since my luggage did get to where I was going at the same time as me.