Can't Find Where to Add a Birthday in Onboard Services

cruzsnooze

For me it's surprisingly difficult since I don't have an App.  I will forgo it and if the steward can accommodate that would be fine and if not it's not a big deal. I've already spent time on hold before reaching the ocean app phone line and everything has been done over the phone. I't's not an essential worth 40 minutes on hold to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

For me it's surprisingly difficult since I don't have an App.  I will forgo it and if the steward can accommodate that would be fine and if not it's not a big deal. I've already spent time on hold before reaching the ocean app phone line and everything has been done over the phone. I't's not an essential worth 40 minutes on hold to me.

20 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

You could go to Passenger Services onboard and I’m sure they would take care of it.  My niece and her boyfriend got engaged onboard and with only one hour notice, PS decorated the whole cabin while they were on an excursion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

You could go to Passenger Services onboard and I’m sure they would take care of it.  My niece and her boyfriend got engaged onboard and with only one hour notice, PS decorated the whole cabin while they were on an excursion.

How lovely. Princess came through in a classy way. 

Right now after reading about RCL's covid test positive for 6 passengers I wonder if I'll even get to sail or will cruising get cancelled again. 

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cruise-ship-covid-cases-royal-caribbean/index.html

But do not expect to get a sign on the door anymore.

I say this because they now use the digital display outside your cabin to show the celebration. I do not know if this is just for the selected day or if it stays up for the remainder of the cruise.

It is only a guess that with this digital presentation if they would still put the magnetic sign on the door anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

But do not expect to get a sign on the door anymore.

I say this because they now use the digital display outside your cabin to show the celebration. I do not know if this is just for the selected day or if it stays up for the remainder of the cruise.

It is only a guess that with this digital presentation if they would still put the magnetic sign on the door anymore.

I seem to remember a while ago, Princess in effort to reduce paper, did away with the celebration signs on your cabin door. This along with no more balloons.

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I seem to remember a while ago, Princess in effort to reduce paper, did away with the celebration signs on your cabin door. This along with no more balloons.

And ... the special cake we received Feb 2020 was more suited for fish food than for human consumption.

I didn't know they did away with the door signs. I won't really miss it but did like it to easily identify my door.   I'm feeling like Princess is not a good fit for me anymore. I have several cruises booked with some FCC and will use them up. I will try Viking Ocean after that which are much smaller ships. I lik Viking River so why not try their ocean vessels. Mass market is getting so big and technical and the personal touch seems to be diminishing. 

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Mass market is getting so big and technical and the personal touch seems to be diminishing. 

To me the main diminishing effect of the mass market cruises is the lack of interesting itineraries as the larger ships cannot go to many of the most interesting small ports.

A 7-day cruise to St. Thomas, St.Maarten and a private Island just does not grab my interest.

8 minutes ago, caribill said:

To me the main diminishing effect of the mass market cruises is the lack of interesting itineraries as the larger ships cannot go to many of the most interesting small ports.

A 7-day cruise to St. Thomas, St.Maarten and a private Island just does not grab my interest.

I agree. I was looking at Viking to Cuba, a place I've never been. I did Lindblad (National Geographic) to the artic and it was beyond magnificent for the scenery and the naturalists. It was beyond pricey at $900PP PD so not an every year cruise but every other!

1 hour ago, caribill said:

and isn't it great that the cruise industry offers so many different itineraries, ship size, length, price point, cabins, add-ons, packages , etc, etc, etc