Mardi Gras 1st thoughts

jimbo5544

51 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

There is an amazing number of eateries on the ship, frankly blew me away, she for pay and some not.  We had the opportunity to try most of not all.  Quick review I LOVED Big Shaq chicken and EMeril's bistro.  Rudy's will take dining on Carnival ships to a whole new level.  While Lido remans, we had to look find it.  All eateries that were on other ships are bigger, some way bigger.

I used to hear carnival poster comment especially about ncl nickle and dining them, but now seem to have embraced pay restaurants and love the idea. I wonder if this will be as much embraced once it starts and we have less obc to spend. I also noticed this ship did away with 1A or maybe it was potholes, cheaper cabins with onside prices at cheap inside prices.

I agree this ship is unlike all others in many ways, some I love and some I dont. I'm excited to see a new higher class ship, but not as enthusiastic about costs. Lol

How did you get invited onboard? Sounds like a awesome and fun opportunity. 

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I used to hear carnival poster comment especially about ncl nickle and dining them, but now seem to have embraced pay restaurants and love the idea. I wonder if this will be as much embraced once it starts and we have less obc to spend. I also noticed this ship did away with 1A or maybe it was potholes, cheaper cabins with onside prices at cheap inside prices.

I agree this ship is unlike all others in many ways, some I love and some I dont. I'm excited to see a new higher class ship, but not as enthusiastic about costs. Lol

How did you get invited onboard? Sounds like a awesome and fun opportunity. 

You are correct, I was not a fan for all the for pay options. Pretty much feel the same way.  All that said, they did not ask my opinion, and at the end of the day, as long as there are options, I guess it is a good thing.  I reconciled  it my head by the fact that a lot are free.  It was clear to me after being on this ship that cruising is still evolving, Carnival will have two sister ships here in 2023.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I used to hear carnival poster comment especially about ncl nickle and dining them, but now seem to have embraced pay restaurants and love the idea

I’m fine with expanded pay restaurants as long as lunch remains free at most of those dinner pay options and basic options (Guys, Deli) never go away.  Having previously sailed only on Fantasy class ships with Carnival, the limited food options quickly became boring.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

I’m fine with expanded pay restaurants as long as lunch remains free at most of those dinner pay options and basic options (Guys, Deli) never go away.  Having previously sailed only on Fantasy class ships with Carnival, the limited food options quickly became boring.

There are a ton of free both lunch and dinner

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

You are correct, I was not a fan for all the for pay options. Pretty much feel the same way.  All that said, they did not ask my opinion, and at the end of the day, as long as there are options, I guess it is a good thing.  I reconciled  it my head by the fact that a lot are free.  It was clear to me after being on this ship that cruising is still evolving, Carnival will have two sister ships here in 2023.  

I think that's the point...yes, there are some paid options but a lot more free ones have been added. I for one can't wait to try Shaq's.

• Like 1

(reposting - I think it was lost in your initial photo postings):

Did they have BOLT operating for you guys?

I was thinking that Emeril's would be my first lunch following embarkation next Saturday !! I see on the copies of the FunTimes which were posted that many of the lunch places open at 10:30. I wonder if that's just for the initial sailing - seems earlier than typical.

See you onboard !!

Tom

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

President suite 17 forward

1E74367C-F740-447B-86B5-A3A22BC3B511.jpeg

290B7E5C-D1AC-40A0-B89C-769747FEFA57.jpeg

What's that in the wall next to the table? In the mock-ups it appeared to be some type of fireplace feature. I saw John grab the handle of it, didn't open it, and didn't comment on it.

i-DXKCb7s-X2.jpg

Tom

15 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

(reposting - I think it was lost in your initial photo postings):

Did they have BOLT operating for you guys?

I was thinking that Emeril's would be my first lunch following embarkation next Saturday !! I see on the copies of the FunTimes which were posted that many of the lunch places open at 10:30. I wonder if that's just for the initial sailing - seems earlier than typical.

See you onboard !!

Tom

I def have a feeling based upon questions we asked, that they are figuring this out as they go along.  I got the impression that they want to be sure they can handle aer ing that many people.   

yes bolt was running, we could have gone but spent the time searching out the ship.  

16 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

What's that in the wall next to the table? In the mock-ups it appeared to be some type of fireplace feature. I saw John grab the handle of it, didn't open it, and didn't comment on it.

i-DXKCb7s-X2.jpg

Tom

I really do not know.  I saw it as well and was going to ask, but a film crew from one of the internet sites was getting everybody out so they could film.