FCC Rules for redemption

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.  Original expiration will remain.  The furthest you can push it out woukd be to apply it to an April 2022 cruise cancel in Late January and have it extended to Jan 2023 unless you ate making final then it could be pushed to April 2023. 

Ok. That makes sense.  I already have a reservation on a 4/29/22 cruise--I'll use my FCC for that.  It is a Trans Atlantic so it might even be cancelled by RCL.  Or if normalcy somehow returns, I might actually want to go on it. Thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimVB said:

So I apply a FCC with use by 4/30/22 sail by 9/30/22  for a new booking of a cruise leaving late in September 2022.  CWC no longer applies, but if I cancel the new booking before final payment in June, 2022 I should expect to get a new FCC with an expiration in June, 2023?  

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.  Original expiration will remain.  The furthest you can push it out woukd be to apply it to an April 2022 cruise cancel in Late January and have it extended to Jan 2023 unless you ate making final then it could be pushed to April 2023. 

Darn!!  I  thought I had read in their terms that if you cancel you would get a new FCC valid for 12 months from the cancellation date which is his case would change to June 2023.  If he did cancel in June then that money would be lost since it is after the 4/30/22 apply date?

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Darn!!  I  thought I had read in their terms that if you cancel you would get a new FCC valid for 12 months from the cancellation date which is his case would change to June 2023.  If he did cancel in June then that money would be lost since it is after the 4/30/22 apply date?

CWC only applies to cruises that sail before April 30, 2022 so the FCC being valid for 12 months ends on that date as well.  After that the FCC becomes like any other FCC in the past and expires at it's original expiry date and does not extend indefinitely.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

CWC only applies to cruises that sail before April 30, 2022 so the FCC being valid for 12 months ends on that date as well.  After that the FCC becomes like any other FCC in the past and expires at it's original expiry date and does not extend indefinitely.

So much for that idea.  Is the new book by date August 31, 2021 to be eligible for CWC ?  Might need to book a backup for April😇 30, 2022

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So much for that idea.  Is the new book by date August 31, 2021 to be eligible for CWC ?  Might need to book a backup for April😇 30, 2022

Yes, book by Aug 31 to be eligible for CWC.

Not sure why you need a back up though.  This whole idea of extending the FCC's was back when you could only apply one FCC to a reservation and it was going to be hard to use them up.  Now that they can be stacked most people won't have a problem using them

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, JimVB said:

Does it matter whether the cruise is cancelled by the cruise line or by the passenger?

It depends upon the nature of the original FCC.  if it was a CWC or suspended sailing then it shouldn’t matter as long as the cruise you are cancelling is in the CWC window.  If it’s not, then you be subject to the applicable penalties.