FCC Rules for redemption

Everything has changed and I have seen so many variations for FCC redemptions and was curious what the right answer is.  

I think our Anthem sailing is being cancelled.  It was an old lift and shift from a cancelled cruise last year.  It was price protected so my husband and I have the same amount of potential FCC if we take the 125 percent if offered.  We have a few cruises in Jan Mar and April of next year that will use the FCC.  Since we cant use all of it on one cruise, do you have to take the cruise first before applying the leftover FCC  to another cruise?

Edited by irishgal432
q

42 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Since we cant use all of it on one cruise, do you have to take the cruise first before applying the leftover FCC  to another cruise?

Normally no, but anything is possible. 

Biker, who would not be so sure about that cancellation. 

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Everything has changed and I have seen so many variations for FCC redemptions and was curious what the right answer is.  

I think our Anthem sailing is being cancelled.  It was an old lift and shift from a cancelled cruise last year.  It was price protected so my husband and I have the same amount of potential FCC if we take the 125 percent if offered.  We have a few cruises in Jan Mar and April of next year that will use the FCC.  Since we cant use all of it on one cruise, do you have to take the cruise first before applying the leftover FCC  to another cruise?

I think the current answer,TODAY, is yes. We received this 125% FCC today from a Quantum cruise they cancelled the first week of June. Look at the third spot from the bottom...

Here are some details and the terms & conditions of your FCCs:

• Your credit is based on your total cruise fare amount paid on your cancelled reservation. If you see a lower value, you may have had a discount that lowered your cruise fare, like our Kids Sail Free promotion, BOGO or other offers.
  • Valid on new bookings or existing bookings not yet paid to full.
  • Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before the sail by date indicated above and must be redeemed by the expiration date in the certificate.
  • If the FCC is not redeemed on or before the expiration shown above, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above.
  • FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings. All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund. 
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

• Like 1

Is there any strategy to using fcc’s ? I have 4 cruises booked next year and two are April and two October. The October ones fall outside of the maximum date of Sep 30. The question is it best to apply to the April cruises or should one wait for an extension of the Sept 30 date. Some boards think this is the end of extensions and possibly fcc’s. What do others think about this?

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I think the current answer,TODAY, is yes. We received this 125% FCC today from a Quantum cruise they cancelled the first week of June. Look at the third spot from the bottom...

• Your credit is based on your total cruise fare amount paid on your cancelled reservation. If you see a lower value, you may have had a discount that lowered your cruise fare, like our Kids Sail Free promotion, BOGO or other offers.
  • Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before the sail by date indicated above and must be redeemed by the expiration date in the certificate.
  • If the FCC is not redeemed on or before the expiration shown above, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above.
  • FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings. All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund. 
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.

Old information.

Any balance that is remaining on the FCC after it has been applied will be reissued. Just had one I received yesterday less than a week after it was applied.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

Is this because you are hoping for more options to become available?

That and price drops, and any number of other things. Like when paying with your own money, wait till final payment to make final payment. 

Makes sense. All

of the different protocols are requiring an adjustment in thinking for sure. One thing that could work against you with final payment strategy is the opportunity to build on a fcc if you did have another cancelled cruise. Now I am not sure if the fcc applied with a 25% bump up will be bumped up again if it is applied to a current cruise.

12 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

Makes sense. All

of the different protocols are requiring an adjustment in thinking for sure. One thing that could work against you with final payment strategy is the opportunity to build on a fcc if you did have another cancelled cruise. Now I am not sure if the fcc applied with a 25% bump up will be bumped up again if it is applied to a current cruise.

Unfortunately not.

Only new cash paid on a reservation will benefit from the 125% offer if Royal cancels the cruise.  FCC's applied are just reissued at the same amount. ( or combined with the new money to give you one new FCC)

• Thanks 1

Ok good to know. Seems to me then that you apply the fcc to the earliest cruise to buy down your payment. If only for accounting purposes to keep everything clean. One of the biggest issues is just keeping track of things IMHO. One other thing is that on the cruise that you had a deposit on is cancelled you convert to an fcc which can not be applied until you book another cruise. You book one with another deposit and then that gets cancelled. Theoretically you now have two cash deposits on a second cruise. What happens then? Are both deposits refundable or just the last one. 

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Old information.

Any balance that is remaining on the FCC after it has been applied will be reissued. Just had one I received yesterday less than a week after it was applied.

Thanks Ken.  That's what I thought I had read but couldn't find the linkage.  Trying to get all my ducks in a row for when I get the cancellation email for the Anthem sailing.  Still hoping for a another lift and shift to next year but I think they won't offer it.

16 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

So what would happen if the credits are applied to a cruise which is getting close to the expiry date and they cancel if you have used the fcc for that cruise? Presumably they would refund all cash paid and you lose the bonus? 

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Old information.

Hard to keep up when they email outdated info. We received the email and FCC yesterday.  Once again a reason to use a well informed TA. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

So what would happen if the credits are applied to a cruise which is getting close to the expiry date and they cancel if you have used the fcc for that cruise? Presumably they would refund all cash paid and you lose the bonus? 

If you use an FCC and the cruise is cancelled then they will reissue a new FCC with a later expiration date.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Yes

1 hour ago, JsMom2 said:

If you use an FCC and the cruise is cancelled then they will reissue a new FCC with a later expiration date.  

Does it matter whether the cruise is cancelled by the cruise line or by the passenger?

All great answers here. I'm glad I searched before starting a new thread. 

When I booked my cruise for September, someone (agent said someone at Royal) messed up and did not apply the full amount of the FCC. When my final payment was due, I paid the balance with my credit card since Royal was still not able to re-issue the balance on the FCC until after I take my September cruise. No problem, I knew I would be booking another cruise. I booked a cruise for next year 9/11/2022 and thought I would get the FCC after next month's cruise. I receive an email from Royal this weekend with the remaining balance and it states 

• Cruise must be taken by 04/30/2022.

But the website shows 9/30/2022. 

I've been trying to call the agency I booked with and cannot get through. 

30 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

All great answers here. I'm glad I searched before starting a new thread. 

When I booked my cruise for September, someone (agent said someone at Royal) messed up and did not apply the full amount of the FCC. When my final payment was due, I paid the balance with my credit card since Royal was still not able to re-issue the balance on the FCC until after I take my September cruise. No problem, I knew I would be booking another cruise. I booked a cruise for next year 9/11/2022 and thought I would get the FCC after next month's cruise. I receive an email from Royal this weekend with the remaining balance and it states 

• Cruise must be taken by 04/30/2022.

But the website shows 9/30/2022. 

I've been trying to call the agency I booked with and cannot get through. 

FCC must be applied by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 3022

Royal has not updated the actual terms on the FCC’s they send out. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Yes, same thing happened to us. I can not reach my TA by telephone or email. Left many messages and sent multiple emails. I found out yesterday my TA cancelled my cruise in error and they have not notified me yet of their mistake. I found out because Royal sent me an email notifying me my cruise planner items were cancelled.

As of today, they have my deposit and fcc's. Royal won't tell me if the fcc's were applied or not, so not sure of the balance. They referred me back to my TA. I understand, but extremely frustrating.

Edited by Mary&Jim
Typo

On 8/2/2021 at 1:33 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  The new FCC will have an expiry date of Sept 30, 2022 or 12 months from the date of cancellation...whichever is further.

So I apply a FCC with use by 4/30/22 sail by 9/30/22  for a new booking of a cruise leaving late in September 2022.  CWC no longer applies, but if I cancel the new booking before final payment in June, 2022 I should expect to get a new FCC with an expiration in June, 2023?  

17 minutes ago, JimVB said:

So I apply a FCC with use by 4/30/22 sail by 9/30/22  for a new booking of a cruise leaving late in September 2022.  CWC no longer applies, but if I cancel the new booking before final payment in June, 2022 I should expect to get a new FCC with an expiration in June, 2023?  

Unfortunately not.  Original expiration will remain.  The furthest you can push it out woukd be to apply it to an April 2022 cruise cancel in Late January and have it extended to Jan 2023 unless you ate making final then it could be pushed to April 2023.