among my many other faults, i'm 73 and technologically challenged

complawyer

i read some posts and went to long on and noticed that now when you fill in the check in section, it requires a picture. ok, i give up (1) how do i do this, and (2)

i have a friend travelling with us but not in my household, how do i get her picture?

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

i read some posts and went to long on and noticed that now when you fill in the check in section, it requires a picture. ok, i give up (1) how do i do this, and (2)

i have a friend travelling with us but not in my household, how do i get her picture?

I did this on my laptop. Posted ok, doubt they will accept though.

pica-b.jpg

I wear glasses sometimes, sometimes not so, I will do both pics. Background may play a part in the acceptance ruling. Who knows... be flexible, take multiple and choose the best ones. 

I will add, using your age, yes I'm older than the OP, does not work so well in this day and age.  Go Seniors... who know what matters... 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

while i appreciate all the comments, i still have no idea how to take a picture and get it to my check in

or in the alternative, can i just wait until i get onboard and let them take the picture

"HELP"

Yes they will take your picture at the port. It may take a minute or two longer but you are on vacation...all you have is time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

while i appreciate all the comments, i still have no idea how to take a picture and get it to my check in

or in the alternative, can i just wait until i get onboard and let them take the picture

"HELP"

@complawyer

I had posted this to a previous thread last month...

Seriously, I am NOT being sarcastic or critical!  I have had to ask these questions myself.

The best way to get a "hands-on" tutorial for these issues is search online for "How to transfer photos from a camera to a computer."  There are different steps based upon your equipment, so, keep searching until you find what works for you.  (Also, you might want to "bookmark" the page to your computer so you can easily find and refer back to it for "refresher course"!)

- - -

(Added note 8/2/21) you might need to add a bit more info to your search.

For example, if you take "Selfies" with your phone, you might want to directly search with your phone brand/model.  As others have stated, you might be able to scan an existing photo (it will need to be recent in order to reflect your current likeness), or you could have "passport photos" taken somewhere like Walgreens (for example) and then work with those.  But honestly, it's difficult to assist someone without more information about what equipment is available for the procedure.

complawyer, I truly hope this is of some help to you.

gg

Take another picture of yourself on your computer making sure that your eyes are visible. Then you should be able to save that picture as a screen shot or to a file. Pay attention to where the file is located ( photos, desktop, downloads etc). Now when you go to the NCL site where you put your picture click upload new and you should be able to find the location you put the picture. Double click it and it should upload to the NCL site. Other than that just click on the camera and it should take your picture and put it there  for you. 

23 minutes ago, complawyer said:

thank you all!

Honestly, the easiest way is to log into the NCL website on your smartphone.

There are two buttons "Upload" or "Take New", if you use the "Take New" it opens the phone camera  & the picture you take is added with no saving or uploading involved, it goes right into the website with no extra work for you.

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

Honestly, the easiest way is to log into the NCL website on your smartphone.

There are two buttons "Upload" or "Take New", if you use the "Take New" it opens the phone camera  & the picture you take is added with no saving or uploading involved, it goes right into the website with no extra work for you.

but does it go directly to the check in page?

6 minutes ago, complawyer said:

but does it go directly to the check in page?

Yes, if you click "Take Now" on the check-in page it will be added right into the check-in page, no work involved.

image.png.9404de1771d754b18782639e92292935.png

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 3

On 8/1/2021 at 3:46 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Eyeglasses for seeing are allowed, sunglasses for fashion are not.

Both myself and hubby wear glasses and our photos have them on.

I would do the photo with no glasses anyway-in case they get lost you can take the glasses off for facial recognition software

• Like 1

I truly understand the frustration of getting a photo into the NCl online check in process.  Our desk top did not have a camera, so we bought a little one, some how  hubby was able to hook it up.  then back to the NCL night mare of taking both our photos.  Only the first one would be accepted.  Finally tried google to access our NCL account, finally was able to get the second photo taken and saved!  Our daughter was going to help, Have absolutely no idea  how to do it from a phone.  Our desk top was our only option.  I was told by more than one NCL agent on  the phone line we would be denied boarding if our photos were not in the system, because our edocs would not be completed and would not print out prior to boarding.  I think this is a pile of BS, but even online chat said go to a library, go to a relative, but you will be denied if photo not submitted.  this is the honest  truth.

3 hours ago, ngrund said:

I would do the photo with no glasses anyway-in case they get lost you can take the glasses off for facial recognition software

Hubby is nearly blind without his glasses. If they get lost, we're going to need a seeing eye dog to get him back home. So the facial recognition software won't help without fido 😉 

• Haha 1