Transmitting music in cabin on Silhouette

GeeJayUK

Getting the TV sets in cabins out of "hotel mode" so that you can do anything useful with them is a tricky business, and getting them back into that mode at the end of the cruise (vs. having IT come and do it) can be equally tricky.  I would definitely bring my own BT speaker unless you a) have a real Samsung (I think that's still the brand du jour) remote control operational with that TV, b) the magic key sequence required to get to the configuration menu for the set, and c) the know-how to avoid mucking things up entirely!

There used to be frequent threads on how to hook up to the TV to listen to music or stream videos, but in recent years it has become far more complex and beyond the scope of most passengers. Bringing your own bluetooth speaker is the easiest solution.

1 hour ago, GeeJayUK said:

Is there any facility to allow you to play music playlists such through the tv in the cabins on Silhouette or would you have to bring your own bluetooth speaker?

We have been fairly successful in getting our stateroom TV connected to a PlayStation, laptop, or blu-ray player on each of our Celebrity cruises.  Having said that, connecting one's smartphone to the TV is not straightforward and we have only done it through an Apple TV that we brought with us.  So I agree with the recommendation for bringing a separate bluetooth speaker.

766050003_AppleTVEclipseJan2016.thumb.jpg.7ac95b10b1b4bd5992e676e0d5f6b5f7.jpg

Apple TV connected to our Eclipse stateroom television (Jan 2016)

Edited by mahdnc

If you are in a CS and above suite they have a bluetooth speaker in the cabin.   Also on all the post Revolution Ships you can cast to your TV but many are not setup properly and when you get the screen to select the tv  all 25 on this list have the same exact name.    Not sure if they have fixed that.

Bring your own speaker.   If you are used to a quality speaker you won’t be happy using any supplied by Celebrity.   The speaker on the TV is always bad.   Bose makes some nice portable speakers, always take mine but I also use my Bose headphones so I don’t disturb neighbors on the ship.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, gonecroozin said:

I  have been informed that it’s just about impossible to play your own media through the tv in your cabin, so I always take a Bluetooth speaker 

We enjoyed the music channels on our cabin t.v.  Has that changed?

On 8/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Bring your own speaker.   If you are used to a quality speaker you won’t be happy using any supplied by Celebrity.   The speaker on the TV is always bad.   Bose makes some nice portable speakers, always take mine but I also use my Bose headphones so I don’t disturb neighbors on the ship.

YOU are a thoughtful passenger!

• Like 2