Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

6 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Attention! Possible switch of Voyager of the seas with Serenade of the seas in 2023 in Northern Europe!

Port registries were found in Le Havre as shown above and some other Northern European ports!

Maybe Voyager wasn’t selling so good. 
‘Bring it back to Australia and give enchantment to someone more deserving LOL

• Like 1

20 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

They have also added “9/5 night Miami” and removed the “7 night Caribbean” item.  
Do you think the 9/5 cycle is likely to be for Explorer?  Icon? 

I recall seeing were someone was speculating/guessing that Icon could be at PC and occupying the Saturday 7 night rotation spot starting late 2023. I thought that was a good observation. Last I checked, most of the Saturdays were open except around the Christmas holidays when Royal tends to shuffle things to optimize the holiday dates. Wonder is mostly sailing from there on Sundays. 

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

8 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Attention! Possible switch of Voyager of the seas with Serenade of the seas in 2023 in Northern Europe!

Port registries were found in Le Havre as shown above and some other Northern European ports!

12 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I recall seeing were someone was speculating/guessing that Icon could be at PC and occupying the Saturday 7 night rotation spot starting late 2023. I thought that was a good observation. Last I checked, most of the Saturdays were open except around the Christmas holidays when Royal tends to shuffle things to optimize the holiday dates. Wonder is mostly sailing from there on Sundays. 

Florida and Europe is surely the most likely deployment for Icon, being a flashy new ship in a new class.

I see Voyager is scheduled for 8/6 itineraries from PC after Northern Europe.  Likely that Voyager would be re-deployed elsewhere?  

14 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Florida and Europe is surely the most likely deployment for Icon, being a flashy new ship in a new class.

I see Voyager is scheduled for 8/6 itineraries from PC after Northern Europe.  Likely that Voyager would be re-deployed elsewhere?  

That could very well be. Current in PC around that time includes Wonder, Allure, Mariner and Voyager. Voyager 8N sailings depart on Fridays. The 6N on Saturday but I think that could be from another pier at PC (not sure). The question then is, without redeploying Voyager, would they add a 5th Ship and perhaps Icon?

51 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Booking those voyager cruises out of PC would be a wise thing.

Its probably a place holder for Icon.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Booking those voyager cruises out of PC would be a wise thing.

Its probably a place holder for Icon.

Do you think Royal would lift & shift bookings from Voyager to Icon?  I think the price difference would be too big and they would just cancel all the Voyager bookings ie no L&S to Icon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Do you think Royal would lift & shift bookings from Voyager to Icon?  I think the price difference would be too big and they would just cancel all the Voyager bookings ie no L&S to Icon.  

Wasn’t there a few people who lifted and shifted on to Wonder?
RC has been doing some radical thing lately but you are probably right.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

They have also added “9/5 night Miami” and removed the “7 night Caribbean” item.  
Do you think the 9/5 cycle is likely to be for Explorer?  Icon? 

I'm still seeing the 7 night caribbean for a may 16th release which I'm assuming is icon. That fits more into when they said they'd be releasing more info. April 4th(the 9/5 itineraries) seems too soon. I'm thinking that'll be a smaller ship.

Though a 9 night Icon southern caribbean would be an insta-book, so fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Someone posted it's probably going to Miami. They have nothing on Saturday's there. With Icon likely being a 7 day rotation, With Voyager in PC Some Saturdays and Miami having nothing, that's the likely destination. 

26 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

I'm still seeing the 7 night caribbean for a may 16th release which I'm assuming is icon. That fits more into when they said they'd be releasing more info. April 4th(the 9/5 itineraries) seems too soon. I'm thinking that'll be a smaller ship.

You're right.  There's 2 ships in play here.  

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

You're right.  There's 2 ships in play here.  

I did hear onboard that we would be hearing the release of information on Icon and its itineraries in the next 2 months. That was at the start of March.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Looks like Jewel of the Seas with go from Cape Liberty to San Juan in Nov 2023 and then will zig zag back and forth between San Juan and Barbados

image.thumb.png.5da85d5c23fb99694c2e6b957e2d1d9a.png

Great Rate on this Repo, on different one going other direction it's about double for same Cabin I checked. Too bad my BINGO Card is already filled for this yr

Edited by ONECRUISER

32 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Perhaps I’m missing something or haven’t had enough coffee yet, but how can the Jewel do a 7 night cruise on December 2, 2023 and then a 7 night cruise on December 4, 2023?

Looks like what some EU Cruises do Boarding in different Ports. Continues same in 2024 get on Ship in SJ or Barbados, do 7n and get off in same Port you Boarded on

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Looks like what some EU Cruises do Boarding in different Ports. 

Thanks!  Interesting itineraries, especially since they stopped downlining!  Like you however, we are completely booked out through 2023.

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Looks like what some EU Cruises do Boarding in different Ports. Continues same in 2024 get on Ship in SJ or Barbados, do 7n and get off in same Port you Boarded on

Interporting IIRC is the industry term.  

Carnival used to interport San Juan and Barbados back in 2013ish. 

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Thanks!  Interesting itineraries, especially since they stopped downlining!  Like you however, we are completely booked out through 2023.

Our cruising calendar is full through April 2024. Celebrity seems to be our trend starting in April this year (Eclipse B2B from Vancouver to Hawaii and return). Looking at doing longer and newer itineraries - 10 & 11 12 nights and "X" seems to fit better and fewer kids.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

Perhaps I’m missing something or haven’t had enough coffee yet, but how can the Jewel do a 7 night cruise on December 2, 2023 and then a 7 night cruise on December 4, 2023?

Interporting: can board either in SJ or Barbados. Interesting as the majority on board the recent Grandeur itineraries were British due to the ease and frequency of direct flights from the UK.  Offers a great winter sun itinerary! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Our cruising calendar is full through April 2024. Celebrity seems to be our trend starting in April this year (Eclipse B2B from Vancouver to Hawaii and return). Looking at doing longer and newer itineraries - 10 & 11 12 nights and "X" seems to fit better and fewer kids.

We sailed on Silhouette in Feb/March and really enjoyed it.  First time on Celebrity in years.  Booked on Infinity SA in MarchApril 23, the rest are B3Bs on Royal except for an AMA Christmas Market Cruise.  Can’t add much more!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Interporting: can board either in SJ or Barbados. Interesting as the majority on board the recent Grandeur itineraries were British due to the ease and frequency of direct flights from the UK.  Offers a great winter sun itinerary! 

Thank you!  Glad folks in the UK had that option to get a little sunshine!  Glad to see Royal offering even more options for next year!  Nice to see something different!

58 minutes ago, eel said:

Can anyone confirm that Los Angeles cruises are still scheduled to come out next week? Been waiting patiently for Navigator.

Nothing is 100%, has been changed before but is scheduled: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2023_2024/21076950_Deployment_Opening_Schedule_2023_2024.pdf

• Thanks 1

Of the current fleet, the only ships I see unassigned for the first part of 2024 are Navigator, Explorer and Spectrum.  Unless something changes, it looks like San Juan may be limited to half of Jewel.  I wish it weren't so.