What is breakfast?

Retiredmedic

Full breakfast? Or rolls and fruit? Seemed like I saw rolls and fruit uncovered around 6 am in the buffet. Coffee 24/7.  If you want eggs and such it's another while. Different places have different times to open. Mexican?  

I'd often go early and watched them open and sip on coffee and watch the ocean.

• Like 2

This image (if it links properly) is the (back page of the) one-sheet "FunTimes" John Heald posted on FB for the Mardi Gras yesterday, a sea day.  It shows most breakfast venues opening at 7am or 7:30am, Lido at 8am, sea day brunch in MDR at 8:30am.  Not sure if Lido opens earlier on a port day.

230114825_6122766344432542_2984179817776

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

Haven’t cruised since 2012. Can someone please tell me what time do they start breakfast ? 

Depends on where you go, whether it's a sea day or not, and what you call "breakfast food".

Generally you can get continental options (on Lido or room service) starting around 6 AM.  Other options follow, with the last one usually being the sea day brunch in the MDR at about 8:30 AM.

Or, as I'll remind everyone, you can grab a pizza any old time and call that breakfast.  😁  These days they even deliver! 😆

Just now, Honolulu Blue said:

Depends on where you go, whether it's a sea day or not, and what you call "breakfast food".

Generally you can get continental options (on Lido or room service) starting around 6 AM.  Other options follow, with the last one usually being the sea day brunch in the MDR at about 8:30 AM.

Or, as I'll remind everyone, you can grab a pizza any old time and call that breakfast.  😁  These days they even deliver! 😆

Mardi Gras is doing breakfast pizzas! Can’t wait to try. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Full breakfast? Or rolls and fruit? Seemed like I saw rolls and fruit uncovered around 6 am in the buffet. Coffee 24/7.  If you want eggs and such it's another while. Different places have different times to open. Mexican?  

I'd often go early and watched them open and sip on coffee and watch the ocean.

I’m a early riser, between 4am and 5 am. At home I eat within 30 minutes of waking up. Guess I’ll need to pack something to tide me over till then. 

4 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Cold pizza and warm beer, a bachelor’s breakfast! 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

I’m a early riser, between 4am and 5 am. At home I eat within 30 minutes of waking up. Guess I’ll need to pack something to tide me over till then. 

There’s free room service, you can order 24/7. There’s a little card in the room for you to fill out with all sorts of little goodies. That should definitely hold you over until the main venues open. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Retiredmedic said:

I travel with my Mom and she is an early riser as well. She requires coffee before she does anything so I make sure that I order a carafe of coffee be delivered as close to 5am as I can get. I also order fruit and croissant if she wants them. This holds her until we can go down for breakfast.

I have included a copy of the breakfast menu that they have available.

Room Service Breakfast.pdf

7 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

There’s free room service, you can order 24/7. There’s a little card in the room for you to fill out with all sorts of little goodies. 

Between 10 PM and 5 AM the room service menu is no longer free - it's a la carte.

8 hours ago, Retiredmedic said:

Some people call that the middle of the night.

9 hours ago, Retiredmedic said:

You're on vacation.  Why not sleep in till 600?

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Although I agree, there's nothing like seeing the sunrise sitting out on your balcony at 0430 and seeing the sun peek out over the horizon. It's awe inspiring akin to a religious experience. But that's just me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Although I agree, there's nothing like seeing the sunrise sitting out on your balcony at 0430 and seeing the sun peek out over the horizon. It's awe inspiring akin to a religious experience. But that's just me. 

Some people are just morning people and even when on vacation, they stick to their routine.  At 430 am I am rolling over for the first time.  I adjust my schedule while on vacation and force myself to get up for breakfast or brunch most days.  Sometimes it'll be later if I really broke in Cheers the previous day. 😄

I know this is off topic, but one thing I really enjoy for breakfast on Carnival is the homemade granola.  I know, strange to go on about granola, but it is very delish.  We even have breakfast before disembarking so I can have one last bowl of the granola before leaving the ship.  LOL!   I was even able to get almond milk to go with it.  Love the food and service Carnival offers.   

• Like 1

True story-on my 1st cruise ever (1997), I discovered the ship I was on served 3 breakfasts: 6am continental, 7am buffet and 8:30am sit down (MDR).  Even though I ate normal portions and food types at other meals, I could not turn down a good breakfast and managed to gain 5 lbs in 3 days.  Lesson learned to pace myself.

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:31 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Wish I could, but I’ve been getting up at 4-5 am my entire adult life. I hit 4-5 hours of sleep and I’m awake. Also doesn’t help I worked 12,16 or 24 hour shifts my entire adult life. 

On 8/4/2021 at 1:28 AM, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

True story-on my 1st cruise ever (1997), I discovered the ship I was on served 3 breakfasts: 6am continental, 7am buffet and 8:30am sit down (MDR).  Even though I ate normal portions and food types at other meals, I could not turn down a good breakfast and managed to gain 5 lbs in 3 days.  Lesson learned to pace myself.

Second Breakfast! I’m part hobbit also! 😂

• Like 1