Harmony TA Cancelled??? Oh, no it's not??? Or maybe it is....

2 days ago Royal had the 10/31 Harmony Transatlantic on the list of cancelled cruises and sent notices out to at least some Travel Agents.  Then the fun began.  We immediately requested a $$ refund as we have no interest in FCC.  Then customer service started saying "it's not cancelled"  then 2 different supervisors said "yes it is cancelled"  then received an email from Royal saying our Cordoba shore excursion had been cancelled but we could pick another one.  Then our TA called again yesterday and after 3 hours on the phone back and forth with the resolutions department was told that they don't "think" it's cancelled.  She has requested reinstatement of our reservation, which appears to be okay as I can still access it on the website but still seeing posts here on the CC thread for the Transatlantic that they are being told, "yes it's cancelled"  "no,it's not."

Thankfully I didn't cancel our air yet to Barcelona...

But IT'S TIME FOR ROYAL TO MAKE A FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO THEIR STAFF AND TO THEIR PASSENGERS....is it cancelled or not?????????????😱

I'm guessing that they might still be negotiating or trying to get it to go ahead so are holding off finalising the cancellation in case. It cold be that they've gone ahead to cancel it and then got an extra piece of info in the every changing landscape of covid travel that would mean it might be able to go ahead and are still working on that bit.

I mean its not great Cust Service the way they aren't communicating BUT I do feel for anyone working in travel right now with the constantly changing reg, advice and requirements across the world.

10 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

2 days ago Royal had the 10/31 Harmony Transatlantic on the list of cancelled cruises and sent notices out to at least some Travel Agents.  Then the fun began.  We immediately requested a $$ refund as we have no interest in FCC.  Then customer service started saying "it's not cancelled"  then 2 different supervisors said "yes it is cancelled"  then received an email from Royal saying our Cordoba shore excursion had been cancelled but we could pick another one.  Then our TA called again yesterday and after 3 hours on the phone back and forth with the resolutions department was told that they don't "think" it's cancelled.  She has requested reinstatement of our reservation, which appears to be okay as I can still access it on the website but still seeing posts here on the CC thread for the Transatlantic that they are being told, "yes it's cancelled"  "no,it's not."

Thankfully I didn't cancel our air yet to Barcelona...

But IT'S TIME FOR ROYAL TO MAKE A FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO THEIR STAFF AND TO THEIR PASSENGERS....is it cancelled or not?????????????😱

It will all be 'fixed' by tomorrow is my hope.

Happy Birthday to me😁

• Like 6

Guest BigRoger
32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It will all be 'fixed' by tomorrow is my hope.

Happy Birthday to me😁

I would raise a glass for you…. Unfortunately it’s part of the free drinks package we got for Harmony TA that we are desperately trying to claw our way to keep……. Maybe Harmony should be renamed ‘Mirage OTS’…….

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

They have revised the list on the TA website and it does not include the Harmony.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/cancelledsailings/

The Harmony is not cancelled.

Please note, however, as we prepare for our return to sailing, it was necessary to make a few sailing cancelations to accommodate these restarts. The below are regrettably canceled:

• Anthem of the Seas® departing Southampton: October 20, 2021
  • Brilliance of the Seas® departing Tampa: September 4-October 11, 2021; December 11, 2021; March 28-April 25, 2022
  • Enchantment of the Seas® departing Baltimore: September 4- December 11, 2021
  • Explorer of the Seas® departing San Juan: October 31, 2021
  • Liberty of the Seas® departing Galveston: September 26, 2021
  • Ovation of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 27, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Radiance of the Seas® departing Miami: October 15, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Rhapsody of the Seas® departing Tampa: February 26- April 16, 2022
  • Serenade of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 24, 2021- February 27, 2022
  • Vision of the Seas® departing San Juan/ Fort Lauderdale: September 5, 2021- January 14, 2022
Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Really how hard would it have been to communicate directly with the booked parties after the "miscommunication" to explain that there was one?  

Royal never sent cancellation notices to any of the guests on Harmony.  The majority of people on that sailing aren’t even aware of the mistake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal never sent cancellation notices to any of the guests on Harmony.  The majority of people on that sailing aren’t even aware of the mistake.

Yes, but, the big TA's did. Now they are left holding the bag. 

Thankfully, I did not unwind anything related to my booking and was waiting for Royal email.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My TA sent me out notice that it was cancelled and asking me to choose between L&S, 125% FCC, or 100% refund.

Well, we got this message from our TA some 12 hrs ago:

Dear XXX:

The below IMPORTANT message has been issued directly from Royal Caribbean:

03a69ac5-1f76-4875-b8f7-b90cf28fd3e2.jpg

Dear Guest,

We've been diligently working through all the details to prepare for our Royal Comeback. It's taken months of planning and coordinating to get up and running, and since our return, we've delivered fantastic vacation experiences to over 110,000 guests.

We've taken a measured approach to our return, welcoming one ship at a time back onto the high seas. The health and safety of our guests, crew, and the destinations we visit remain at the forefront of everything we do.

As we continue to navigate our journey, we've had to make additional changes to our plans. As a result, we will need to cancel additional sailings. These decisions are incredibly hard as we recognize the importance of vacations - especially these days. Unfortunately, this means the following sailings will be canceled.

• Brilliance of the Seas® departing Tampa: September 4-October 11, 2021; December 11, 2021; March 28-April 25, 2022
  • Harmony of the Seas® departing Barcelona: October 31, 2021 
  • Vision of the Seas® departing San Juan/ Fort Lauderdale: September 5, 2021- January 14, 2022

1 minute ago, Maria63 said:

Well, we got this message from our TA some 12 hrs ago:

Dear XXX:

The below IMPORTANT message has been issued directly from Royal Caribbean:

03a69ac5-1f76-4875-b8f7-b90cf28fd3e2.jpg

Dear Guest,

We've been diligently working through all the details to prepare for our Royal Comeback. It's taken months of planning and coordinating to get up and running, and since our return, we've delivered fantastic vacation experiences to over 110,000 guests.

We've taken a measured approach to our return, welcoming one ship at a time back onto the high seas. The health and safety of our guests, crew, and the destinations we visit remain at the forefront of everything we do.

As we continue to navigate our journey, we've had to make additional changes to our plans. As a result, we will need to cancel additional sailings. These decisions are incredibly hard as we recognize the importance of vacations - especially these days. Unfortunately, this means the following sailings will be canceled.

• Harmony of the Seas® departing Barcelona: October 31, 2021 

That is the original message that came out early yesterday morning.  By the time your TA sent that out Royal had already updated it and it does not include the Harmony.

1 hour ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Really how hard would it have been to communicate directly with the booked parties after the "miscommunication" to explain that there was one?  

Exactly......... TA's had already notified their customers so YES they should send out an email to EVERY person booked on the cruise stating the exact status of the cruise as of right now.  

Ridiculous that we are limbo at this point and that agents are being left on hold for hours while the staff tries to figure out what is going on.   My agent was literally on the phone from 4:30 PM last night unitl after 8PM and had no true resolution of the issue when the call ended.

Really crappy service.   How hard is it to put out a notice  saying WE MESSED UP?????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who thinks RCI will find a way to make this worse, by cancelling again, only this time only a week out.

Yup......something else to think about...my DH said the same last night

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who thinks RCI will find a way to make this worse, by cancelling again, only this time only a week out.

Was and am still fully prepared for that possibility.  Travel in the time of covid is full of last minute hurdles requiring fully formed plans B AND C.  

• Like 1

Think about, no cruises have been done so far that cover that many days (14).........The cruise is like under 90 days to go.

Really does anyone think the covid issues are going to get less of a problem by then.

It most likley going to be the same or worse.

Why would anyone want to put out that kind of money, for being on a ship that going to sail back with major issues of passengers being infected with covid.

Who knows by that time if the US will even allow them to disembark in a US Port.

Sounds like a potential cluster $#@& !

Guest BigRoger
3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Think about, no cruises have been done so far that cover that many days (14).........The cruise is like under 90 days to go.

Really does anyone think the covid issues are going to get less of a problem by then.

Why would anyone want to put out that kind of money, for being on a ship that going to sail back with major issues of passengers being infected with covid.

Who knows by that time if the US will even allow them to disembark in a US Port.

And the world settles down as equilibrium is restored….. somethings can always be relied upon 👍😹

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The point of the thread is not about who chose to book the cruise.  It is about whether it is cancelled at this point or not. 

I want answers from Royal.  If cancelled I want my money bank.... the only way that happens is if they cancel .... if I cancel all I get is FCC.