Explorer of the Seas - Johnny Rockets Restaurant

On 8/5/2021 at 9:05 PM, sixbirches said:

Back when  Explorer sailed from Bayonne, we would go to Johnny Rockets for lunch on a Sea Day. The waitresses on roller skates were really fun and we enjoyed the milkshakes and onion rings with lunch. Always a fun lunch and worth the $.  
I’m  not sure if it’s different now. But it’s a great memory 😀

I will admit that my memory has occasionally been compared (unfavorably) to a block of Swiss cheese, but I have NEVER seen the wait staff on roller skates.  Not on any ship.  It just doesn't seem likely, either.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I will admit that my memory has occasionally been compared (unfavorably) to a block of Swiss cheese, but I have NEVER seen the wait staff on roller skates.  Not on any ship.  It just doesn't seem likely, either.

I have to agree with you about the roller skates.  We have been on the explorer out of Florida and there were no roller skates then.

I would love to see it though.

Edited by later

I wouldn't mind the Johnny Rockets cover charge so much if it didn't feel like extortion. 

On ships with no Johnny Rockets, I can ask for and receive a veggie burger in the buffet.  On ships that DO have a Johnny Rockets, they say "Sorry, you have to go to Johnny Rockets for that."  And on the Independence last January, I think the cover was 9.95+gratuity.  Which, if I want a burger, leaves me choosing between dining alone or 9.95+ multiplied by however many people I'm with.

When I go there by choice, it's a fun spot with good music and a great view. 

11 minutes ago, MsADQ said:

I wouldn't mind the Johnny Rockets cover charge so much if it didn't feel like extortion. 

On ships with no Johnny Rockets, I can ask for and receive a veggie burger in the buffet.  On ships that DO have a Johnny Rockets, they say "Sorry, you have to go to Johnny Rockets for that."  And on the Independence last January, I think the cover was 9.95+gratuity.  Which, if I want a burger, leaves me choosing between dining alone or 9.95+ multiplied by however many people I'm with.

When I go there by choice, it's a fun spot with good music and a great view. 

Extortion...... through force or threat.

Been on many ships with JR's and never felt forced/threatened to go there....Oh wait maybe by my kids :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Thank you for letting me know what brand of "soda" they serve.  I can drink it if necessary, but I think I will be drinking MORE water this time. 🙂  I will say the "pictures" of the shakes/sodas DO look very inviting! 🙂

We love to go later in the evening and be the only ones there , one night they got me to dance their routine with them , it was a blast . They like to have fun when it’s only a few people. The food is secondary to me but it’s normally great . 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

embarcation day lunch possibility?  I hate to bring up an old topic, but I'm wondering if we can go there for lunch when we get on the ship, thus avoiding the Windjammer.  Does anyone know what the cover charge is these days?

1 hour ago, bz said:

Embarkation day lunch possibility?  Does anyone know what the cover charge is these days?

The app (set to current sailing) should list all of the venues which are open along with possibly the cost.

image.jpeg.77e55bfe5674cac1493ca65eccaa0aa2.jpeg

On 8/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, beshears said:

Thank you for letting me know the "cover charge," at JR is $9.95.  That doesn't sound bad, that is especially if a person is going to eat very much.  This will seem trivial, but it was said the soda came with the cover charge.  What was the brand?  Just curious. 🙂

The cover charge on Mariner is currently $14.99, drinks not included.

Sherri🙂