Pharmacy in Cozumel

excitedcruiser

46 minutes ago, excitedcruiser said:

None it particular. I have just been reading that a lot of the stores are closed   Including the stores at the pier. 

I can’t speak for stores at the piers but plenty of pharmacies open in town when we were there in June. 

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if you can buy IVF meds at these pharmacies and take them back?  In the past, I have bought my meds from Israel (and then they have to be shipped) because it is 1/3 the price of the in the US, but since I was already going to be in Cozumel, I thought I would ask....  I have even heard of people driving down to or flying into the border towns to get their IVF meds because they save enough to make it worth the money, but that is a pretty good trek for me.

I would only suggest that you buy these meds at a reputable, large pharmacy or large supermarket with a pharmacy.  Those selling to tourists may in fact be selling counterfeit or fake products.

Beware that more and more Mexican pharmacies - especially big corporate ones - require a prescription.  Many will have a doctor available for a consult.

Bringing them back into the US legally would require looking on line.

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2021 at 6:25 PM, kdpatte said:

Mega Mart requires a prescription to get any drugs.  Not sure why when no other pharmacies have that requirement.  I usually get a few bottles of Amoxicillian but could not get it at Mega Mart.

The rules in Mexico for prescription drugs are pretty much the same as the US.  Any major chain in Mexico will require a doctor's order to sell drugs.  A lot of the tourist pharmacies operate in a "grey area" and likely skirt the rules.   I personally would never buy from one of these places as you really can't be sure what you are getting - especially if not in the original manufacturer packaging.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 8:25 PM, kdpatte said:

Mega Mart requires a prescription to get any drugs.  Not sure why when no other pharmacies have that requirement.  I usually get a few bottles of Amoxicillian but could not get it at Mega Mart.

I am needing to get either amoxicillin or keflex but do not have a prescription with me. Can I get it at the pharmacy at the pier without a prescription?

5 hours ago, lennythenose said:

I am needing to get either amoxicillin or keflex but do not have a prescription with me. Can I get it at the pharmacy at the pier without a prescription?

Just got off Valor on 1/10/22. Both Cipro (didn't have the bigger bottle of Keflex) and Amoxicillin available at the pharmacy at the pier without prescription. A bit cheaper at one of the pharmacies off pier (beyond the taxi stands) but didn't make the trek this time. BTW - Progreso pharmacies at the port dd not have any antibiotics. At least they didn't during our last cruise in November '21.

• Thanks 1

My wife priced some diazepam at about 10 different pharmacies in Cozumel, and it was $50 at all of them. We stopped in Costa Maya and the pharmacies on the melacon had the exact same package for $25.

Edited by tallyho8