If you could pick the next ship name.....

8 hours ago, Brucemcdou said:

Axiom of the Seas

The Axiom was the Starliner on a 700-year voyage in the movie Wall-E with a "regenerative buffet" and hover chairs for all the obese passengers.  Maybe Royal could get a few ideas there... 

😳

On 8/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I just hope the leadership at RCI is more creative than Carnival’s. It’s pretty bad in my opinion when the best they can come up with is reusing names for their new ships. Just another in a long list of why I will never cruise on Carnival again.  

You do realize that Holland America and Princess both do that too, right?   As has Cunard.   

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume you realize all the cruise lines you mentioned fall under the Carnival Corporation.  

The lines I mentioned were doing it even before being bought by Cunard.  Do a little research and you'll see.    Some of those names go way back.   And just so we're clear .. your gripe is with the Carnival parent company itself and not just the actual cruise line?  Why such an axe to grind?  

24 minutes ago, F27TW said:

The lines I mentioned were doing it even before being bought by Cunard.  Do a little research and you'll see.    Some of those names go way back.   And just so we're clear .. your gripe is with the Carnival parent company itself and not just the actual cruise line?  Why such an axe to grind?  

Not really an axe to grind, I am just not a fan of a lack of creativity, for lack of a better word. I think people should be creative enough to come up with new names, new movies, new TV shows, etc.  instead of recycling old names, old movies, old shows, etc. I don’t have a gripe with Carnival, I just don’t have an interest in cruising with them any more. It’s probably more an age thing than anything else….i.e. my interests have changed as I have gotten older.  

On 8/8/2021 at 11:29 PM, Catnip said:

That's exactly what I think of when I hear Ovation OTS.  😂

The comedians had a field day with that one when we sailed Ovation out of Australia.  There was a great band on that ship too - Rock the Boat.  Went to see them every night and would love to cruise with them again. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not really an axe to grind, I am just not a fan of a lack of creativity, for lack of a better word. I think people should be creative enough to come up with new names, new movies, new TV shows, etc.  instead of recycling old names, old movies, old shows, etc. I don’t have a gripe with Carnival, I just don’t have an interest in cruising with them any more. It’s probably more an age thing than anything else….i.e. my interests have changed as I have gotten older.  

We've cruised on Carnival a couple of times and have never had anything that I would actually call a "bad cruise" on any line.  What I don't like on Carnival is the tendency to program entertainment that basically amounts to getting the guests to entertain each other.  Evening entertainment is important to us and we much prefer professional entertainment instead of bingo, silly game shows and "talent" shows.

On 8/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, F27TW said:

I  think they call it "tradition".