Grand suite- drinks

On 8/8/2021 at 5:56 PM, KLMB said:

We are diamond plus and staying in a grand suite on Oasis this October.  Does this mean I will have 4 vouchers and free drinks from 5-8?  Thank you in advance to any information.  I appreciate it.

Yes  5 free drinks around the ship per day, but you must order from the happy hour menu. But since you are in a  grand suite  you can go up to the suite lounge and have free select beer wine and soda form 11 am to11 pm. You do not need to use your drink voucher in suite lounge unless what you order is not available as free drinks in lounge

Edited by Tony O
  • Like 1

@Tony O The new C&A tier drinks don't have to be ordered from the happy hour menu, it is any drink from anywhere up to $13. 

@KLMB If you are staying in a suite you have access to suite lounge drinks from 11-11. That means you can have what's in there and then go to any bar and use your vouchers.

• Like 3

I bought drink package at 50 a day , will make a decision to cancel or keep it when we get closer to November sailing, another thing is wife likes drinking bottle water , don’t really want to go to suite lounge every time she wants one . Will see if any of this changes between now and sail date.

17 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

@Tony O The new C&A tier drinks don't have to be ordered from the happy hour menu, it is any drink from anywhere up to $13. 

@KLMB If you are staying in a suite you have access to suite lounge drinks from 11-11. That means you can have what's in there and then go to any bar and use your vouchers.

It’s any drink that in the diamond lounge menu

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony O said:

It’s any drink that is on the Diamond lounge menu.

In the current COVID era, the DL menu no longer matters - BTW, I think most folks here, including the OP, are talking about the SL, not the DL.

7 hours ago, Tony O said:

Yes  5 free drinks around the ship per day, but you must order from the happy hour menu. But since you are in a  grand suite  you can go up to the suite lounge and have free select beer wine and soda form 11 am to11 pm. You do not need to use your drink voucher in suite lounge unless what you order is not available as free drinks in lounge

Nope.  Your Diamond, D+, Pin vouchers are NOT limited to the Happy Hour menu.

Suite drinks are limited to the same menu or similar. 

21 hours ago, cruisegus said:

In the suite lounge generally if you ask the bar tender the first night, they will make sure your drink of choice is there the rest of the week (at least anything you'd be able to get with DBP)

YMMV.

The suite lounge is technically limited to the limited menu.  And if you want something else, you have to use your DBP or voucher or pay.

I do know that at some times, some waiters/bartenders will provide other drinks.  But I have also had to use my DBP for certain drinks, even in the suite lounge.

10 hours ago, SRF said:

Nope.  Your Diamond, D+, Pin vouchers are NOT limited to the Happy Hour menu.

Suite drinks are limited to the same menu or similar. 

If you read my prior post you would have read that I apologized for the information 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony O said:

If you read my prior post you would have read that I apologized for the information 

I wrote mine before I got to your retraction.

Welcome to the internet.. 😄

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tony O said:

No, drinks are not limited to a happy hour menu. Coupons are  good Any drink under $13 any time of day and on CocoCay. Suite lounge will get you any drink you want if they have a full bar like on Oasis class although we have gotten any drink we have requested in other suite-lounges as well

On 8/8/2021 at 5:42 PM, forgotmyCCname said:

I don't know what ship you are in , but on the Oasis and above classes the suite lounge has sofa, beer and a selection of wine as well as water "cans" from approx 11am- 11pm. This is in addition to the happy hour cocktails 

We are on the Allure in a suite and they no longer are giving the free drinks in Suite lounge 11-11 only during happy hours.

I asked the reason and concierge said new safety protocol and social distancing.

They have not charged for sodas during lunch in Coastal Kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, S&Slovecruises said:

We are on the Allure in a suite and they no longer are giving the free drinks in Suite lounge 11-11 only during happy hours.

I asked the reason and concierge said new safety protocol and social distancing.

They have not charged for sodas during lunch in Coastal Kitchen.

Bummer

50 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

No, drinks are not limited to a happy hour menu. Coupons are  good Any drink under $13 any time of day and on CocoCay. Suite lounge will get you any drink you want if they have a full bar like on Oasis class although we have gotten any drink we have requested in other suite-lounges as well

Did you read my post where I apologized for the post ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Suite happy hour is off the regular ship menu, too. No limited selection. But this also means no dedicated bartender in the suite lounge, so it's a trade off.

That practice could be ship specific

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Most folks can't be bothered to read the posts and even less to consider context.

It's the age old problem, do you reply immediately, or read till the end, then go back to quote. 

I often post as I read, ship happens.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

That practice could be ship specific

Could be. As much as I like being able to order off the ship menu, the service isn't nearly as prompt since they have to go to an actual bar to get your drinks instead of the rolling cart bar.

Hopefully that's one covid change that gets reverted back to the good ole days

• Like 1