UK cruises abroad - Passenger Locator Forms

Rachand

According to gov.uk site if travelling abroad you have to complete a Passenger Locator form.  We go to Canaries/Madeira/Vigo cruise in October. I had never heard of this form till a family member mentioned it to me today, certainly no mention by cruise line or cruise agent. Is everyone else aware of this form, how to tie it into your cruise trip etc? Comments, advice (nice)  appreciated. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Rachand said:

According to gov.uk site if travelling abroad you have to complete a Passenger Locator form.  We go to Canaries/Madeira/Vigo cruise in October. I had never heard of this form till a family member mentioned it to me today, certainly no mention by cruise line or cruise agent. Is everyone else aware of this form, how to tie it into your cruise trip etc? Comments, advice (nice)  appreciated. Thanks. 

Howdy @Rachand emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread titled UK cruises abroad - Passenger Locator Forms on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. 👍  It is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. 

To help you out, I have moved your thread to the UK Cruisers forum where it will be on topic. That's where you can find the best information about cruising from the UK, or on UK-based ships, from cruisers just like you.  

Be sure to use the Follow feature on this thread. That way you won't have to go l👀king to see if there are new posts on your thread because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! emo34.gif If you need more info on how to do it, please see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard the Cruise Critic message board! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

18 hours ago, Rachand said:

Dont forget you will also need to pre-order a Day 2 test kit before you leave for your cruise, as you will need the reference number for the form.

Hopefully, by the time you  travel the system may have been simplified.  

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Hopefully. At present, I think the OP will also need a negative test, taken in the 72 hours before returning to the UK. That will certainly be the case if it's a return to the UK by plane. If it's a UK round trip cruise, it's trickier as the government website hasnt yet clarified the requirements for cruises (or, at least, not that I can find)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

Dont forget you will also need to pre-order a Day 2 test kit before you leave for your cruise, as you will need the reference number for the form.

I'm just filling out my PLF for my NCL Greeks Islands cruise on 29 August and there is no mention of a reference number for my 2 day test booking?

The PLF itself is really confusing me. In the declarations on the first page you have to check 'I will only fill out one PLF for my family/household' but it doesn't ask anything about the vaccination status of the rest of the family, just me. 

On 8/10/2021 at 12:20 PM, deek72 said:

I'm just filling out my PLF for my NCL Greeks Islands cruise on 29 August and there is no mention of a reference number for my 2 day test booking?

The PLF itself is really confusing me. In the declarations on the first page you have to check 'I will only fill out one PLF for my family/household' but it doesn't ask anything about the vaccination status of the rest of the family, just me. 

The PLF for Greece doesn’t ask about rhe rests but you need to complete the UK plf before returning home. You can’t complete until 48 hours before your return. We are on the same cruise(hopefully) on 14th September. I’m going to complete our forms in Corfu or Santorini 😀

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 6:32 PM, Snow Hill said:

According to Government website each adult has to complete their own form.

ADBD3915-B6A8-43F0-8918-202E12EEB054.jpeg

So who to believe?

screenshot_361.thumb.png.72f563f40747479523dfef943623765b.png

Edited by deek72

1 minute ago, deek72 said:

So who to believe?

screenshot_361.thumb.png.72f563f40747479523dfef943623765b.png

For the Greek form only one is required but for the one required to return to the UK you need one per adult. I think if you have children they can be added to the forms but adults must have one each and it needs to completed online no more than 48 hours prior to your return. You also need to add the reference number for your pre booked PCR tests that are required upon return.

• Like 2

Just now, Mrs_Reevo said:

For the Greek form only one is required but for the one required to return to the UK you need one per adult. I think if you have children they can be added to the forms but adults must have one each and it needs to completed online no more than 48 hours prior to your return. You also need to add the reference number for your pre booked PCR tests that are required upon return.

Thanks, I realised after I posted that they meant on the return to the UK you need 1 per person but I was having just as much trouble trying to edit my post 😂

Whilst you're here - do you know if you can have your day 2 test on the day you return (it says 'on or before day 2'), ie at the airport when you land in the UK, or do you have to wait until day 2?

9 minutes ago, deek72 said:

Thanks, I realised after I posted that they meant on the return to the UK you need 1 per person but I was having just as much trouble trying to edit my post 😂

Whilst you're here - do you know if you can have your day 2 test on the day you return (it says 'on or before day 2'), ie at the airport when you land in the UK, or do you have to wait until day 2?

Hi no worries 😀 yes I believe you can. It says on or before day 2. That’s what we were going to do when we go on our cruise  in September but our flight doesn’t land until 1am. You do have to have the tests pre booked because you need the booking ref on your PLF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs_Reevo said:

Hi no worries 😀 yes I believe you can. It says on or before day 2. That’s what we were going to do when we go on our cruise  in September but our flight doesn’t land until 1am. You do have to have the tests pre booked because you need the booking ref on your PLF.

That's great, you can get it done and dusted before you even get home.

It's all such a worry, hoping you don't forget something or do something wrong 😔

9 minutes ago, deek72 said:

That's great, you can get it done and dusted before you even get home.

It's all such a worry, hoping you don't forget something or do something wrong 😔

I know, we are 31 days away from our 4th time lucky cruise with NCL. Because we are in the UK we currently need to have a test before we get to the port even though we don’t need one to enter Greece. Thankfully it looks like an antigen test will do because of 72 hour limit. We are flying 2 days early so getting PCR on the Friday doesn’t guarantee the result for Sunday and Thursday is too soon. It all might change again so I am stalking the websites lol

2 minutes ago, Mrs_Reevo said:

I know, we are 31 days away from our 4th time lucky cruise with NCL. Because we are in the UK we currently need to have a test before we get to the port even though we don’t need one to enter Greece. Thankfully it looks like an antigen test will do because of 72 hour limit. We are flying 2 days early so getting PCR on the Friday doesn’t guarantee the result for Sunday and Thursday is too soon. It all might change again so I am stalking the websites lol

I see you are from Darwen. If you are flying from Manchester do you have your eye on any particular test providers? I was thinking about one of the walk in/drive through test centres around the airport. 

4 minutes ago, deek72 said:

I see you are from Darwen. If you are flying from Manchester do you have your eye on any particular test providers? I was thinking about one of the walk in/drive through test centres around the airport. 

If we just need the antigen we are looking at the Collinson walk through in the station but if it’s PCR there is a reasonably priced one for next day results  based in the Clayton hotel, I can’t remember the company but will check. Randox is drive through only and we might be taking a cab because of our late flight home so haven’t looked at them really 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs_Reevo said:

If we just need the antigen we are looking at the Collinson walk through in the station but if it’s PCR there is a reasonably priced one for next day results  based in the Clayton hotel, I can’t remember the company but will check. Randox is drive through only and we might be taking a cab because of our late flight home so haven’t looked at them really 

I was just looking at the Collinson walkthrough, it looks ideal as we'll be arriving by train. The only issue is that it doesn't open until 7am and our flight is 9.30am so looks it could be a bit of a tight squeeze. 

I don't think I should invest too much time in planning it yet though, we're on 29 Aug Jade cruise so there's time for things to change yet. 

5 minutes ago, deek72 said:

I was just looking at the Collinson walkthrough, it looks ideal as we'll be arriving by train. The only issue is that it doesn't open until 7am and our flight is 9.30am so looks it could be a bit of a tight squeeze. 

I don't think I should invest too much time in planning it yet though, we're on 29 Aug Jade cruise so there's time for things to change yet. 

We are on the September 12th one. I can’t help myself with the checking of everything 😀 but booking nothing until much nearer the time.  Fingers crossed we will both get to go and have a blast.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have found a site that gives a guide to the UK Passenger Locator Form.

It goes over every part of the questions asked from setting up an account to showing all the pages that you have to fill in. I have printed this out.

Under the Create a PLF account  it does say you will need access to a mobile phone and email account to confirm your identity and sign in to your account.

But then below that it also says:

" If you do not want to create an account or you experience any issues, you can submit a PLF without creating an account."

So as I have the form and all questions I need to answer, can anyone think of a valid reason why I can't just fill out the ( paper ) form on the ship in the required 48 hours and just hand it in when (or if ) requested by customs ?