Tracelet question

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

They appear to be like magic bands that most use at disney world. Disney knows where we are in the parks by the bands.  

Actually, Disney doesn't follow you in the parks.  The MB is only used for getting into the par, buying merchandise or getting ride photos.  Only the ride photo uses the longer range feature of MB's.  All the rest use passive (you have to actually touch the reader) technology.  Disney has so many cameras all around the parks that you could easily be monitored even if you didn't have a MB.

56 minutes ago, sdteacher said:

Thank you for answering the original question. I also was wondering if I could take it off in my cabin while sleeping and showering. I hate wearing watches, bracelets and bands around my wrists but I understand the reasons for it and I’m willing to comply. So many posts these days goes sideways so fast. I appreciate those who take the time to legitimately answer questions. 

Yes, you can take them off..you can have it on your person somewhere, you can have it in your beach bag by the pool, etc..you can hook it around a belt loop, etc..does not have to be on wrist.  On my cruise last week on Celebrity, I even forgot mine and left it the room a couple of days, nothing happened.  

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

On my cruise last week on Celebrity, I even forgot mine and left it the room a couple of days, nothing happened.  

It will be very interesting if you start seeing an increase in marketing emails that emphasize all the things one can do on a cruise. If that happens let us know!

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Yes, you can take them off..you can have it on your person somewhere, you can have it in your beach bag by the pool, etc..you can hook it around a belt loop, etc..does not have to be on wrist.  On my cruise last week on Celebrity, I even forgot mine and left it the room a couple of days, nothing happened.  

Thank you @PTC DAWG. That is what I wanted to know. 

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

What if you go to Orient Bay?

6 hours ago, Tromler said:

i assure you that RCL wont bat an eye at you canceling your cruise.

and I can assure you that they will be concerned. They are in business tocollect money for services rendered. No company including RCL wants to see their customers disappear. Again I do assure you that there is a concern.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

A person does not need to stay home.  They can simply go places that don't have the restrictions that they object too.  They will still have fun, spend money etc. just not on a cruise. Some people might find that they enjoy land based vacations better and continue to vacation that way.  

We did just this. I never put on a mask and enjoyed a road trip that was pretty awesome!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

and I can assure you that they will be concerned. They are in business tocollect money for services rendered. No company including RCL wants to see their customers disappear. Again I do assure you that there is a concern.  

They don’t care about one customer not liking their Covid protocols.  There are billions of people in the world with a very limited amount of Royal ships. Losing some customers who don’t like what the CDC is essentially making them do, in order to not go out of business, is really not some they can afford to care about.  If it was something else (like bad service reported) they might care more if it became a lot of customers reporting it and a lot of them lost.  But they are not going to do anything because someone doesn’t want to wear a band proving vaccination.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, topnole said:

They don’t care about one customer not liking their Covid protocols.  There are billions of people in the world with a very limited amount of Royal ships. Losing some customers who don’t like what the CDC is essentially making them do, in order to not go out of business, is really not some they can afford to care about.  If it was something else (like bad service reported) they might care more if it became a lot of customers reporting it and a lot of them lost.  But they are not going to do anything because someone doesn’t want to wear a band proving vaccination.  

Disagree. You are simply kidding yourself if you think RCL wants to enforce these protcals and lose money doing so. But you're also entitled to shape your argument to satisfy your desries on the subject. But never ever forget that MONEY talks. RCL is not in business to make the CDC happy. They are in business to make people happy.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Disagree. You are simply kidding yourself if you think RCL wants to enforce these protcals and lose money doing so. But you're also entitled to shape your argument to satisfy your desries on the subject. But never ever forget that MONEY talks. RCL is not in business to make the CDC happy. They are in business to make people happy.  

You are correct.  RCL needs repeat cruisers or new cruisers.  Right now there are many people who had credits to use for cruises not taken last year.  Once they use those will they want to cruise again?  There are people who just really want to be on a ship.  Will they cruise again - some may but some may not?  There are people who are taking other vacations and may find them more fun and not cruise again or not as often as they used to.  There are new want to be cruisers who may once they hear of all the protocols say no thanks.  We loved to cruise but now I don't know when or if we will want to vacation that way again.  This beach is 45 min. away and no protocols.  It will be interesting to see what happens to the industry in the coming years.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sdteacher said:

Thank you for answering the original question. I also was wondering if I could take it off in my cabin while sleeping and showering. I hate wearing watches, bracelets and bands around my wrists but I understand the reasons for it and I’m willing to comply. So many posts these days goes sideways so fast. I appreciate those who take the time to legitimately answer questions. 

I wore one pretty much 24/7 fo two days on Allure test. Also had to wear my purple vaccination band. Hardly knew I had them on. 

The white bands are our own, nothing to do with Royal

20210727_133533.thumb.jpg.6e6a8c82505b1cde836ac8bfaccaa5b0.jpg

I did take it off while swimming 

I also wear a fitness band (galaxy) 24/7, so I'm pretty use to it. We also used WOW bands in the past. Love them as well

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Unfortunately, for the time being, they are in the business to make the CDC happy. This is one of their attempts to do that. Shame you can't see it

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Keksie said:

You are correct.  RCL needs repeat cruisers or new cruisers.  Right now there are many people who had credits to use for cruises not taken last year.  Once they use those will they want to cruise again?  There are people who just really want to be on a ship.  Will they cruise again - some may but some may not?  There are people who are taking other vacations and may find them more fun and not cruise again or not as often as they used to.  There are new want to be cruisers who may once they hear of all the protocols say no thanks.  We loved to cruise but now I don't know when or if we will want to vacation that way again.  This beach is 45 min. away and no protocols.  It will be interesting to see what happens to the industry in the coming years.  

Beach protocols could reappear in a moments notice. They were the norm last spring. 

And masks are back in a lot of places in Central Florida. 

• Like 2

06:32 Coffee and Baileys at the Cafe

08:45 Mimosa in the Windjammer

11:30 Bucket of Beer by the Pool

16:30 Bourbon from the Pub

18:30 Bourbon at the Schooner Bar

20:00 Wine with dinner

22:00 Bourbon at the Disco

They know where I am all day. 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, sdteacher said:

Hi teacher, yes, there is a lot of noise unrelated to the Tracelet question!  The tracelets are to be worn outside your cabin while on the ship.  Not sure about the protocol during port visits.  I imagine that the ship would inform passengers of the expectations of the tracelets being worn off the ship.  My guess is that they would want passengers to wear them at all times, except while in their own cabin.

The tracelets are water resistant, but not waterproof, so they can't be worn in the pool, hot tub or shower.  Each tracelet is specifically assigned to an individual passenger during check-in.  Hope this helps.

Royal has been keeping the passengers levels on the low (safe) side.  Today's (Aug 9) Serenade OTS has 903 passengers.  Last week it carried just over 800.  The  Carnival group (HAL, PCL & Carnival) are now sailing at 90% capacity.  Sunday's Majestic had 3,400 passengers.  (These are all Seattle sailings).

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately, for the time being, they are in the business to make the CDC happy. This is one of their attempts to do that. Shame you can't see it

John you're thinking short term. I'm thinking long term. My comments were directed at 'they won't bat an eye'. Which is simply foolish. You can bet your bottom dollar that they are counting lost revenues. If one has to cruise sooo bad that they accept anything tossed at them then that speaks for itself. Just you stating that RCL is more concerned about the CDC than me and my family's enjoyment of a cruise tells me that it's too early for us to get on a ship.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bjlaac said:

Every day I sign onto this site there's more and more stupid hoops to jump through to cruise.  I'm "this" close to cancelling our December cruise with all the pre-testing added cost and now this tracking band!

Do any of you know where all of these restrictions are printed in one place or do we just learn about it at the pier?

Just canceled today as vacation shouldn’t be this stressful 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

John you're thinking short term. I'm thinking long term. My comments were directed at 'they won't bat an eye'. Which is simply foolish. You can bet your bottom dollar that they are counting lost revenues. If one has to cruise sooo bad that they accept anything tossed at them then that speaks for itself. Just you stating that RCL is more concerned about the CDC than me and my family's enjoyment of a cruise tells me that it's too early for us to get on a ship.

I hear you, but FWIW, we enjoyed our little test cruise with some limited protocols. A few inconveniences isn't going to keep us off the ship. Stay safe and enjoy whatever you end up doing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I hear you, but FWIW, we enjoyed our little test cruise with some limited protocols. A few inconveniences isn't going to keep us off the ship. Stay safe and enjoy whatever you end up doing

Yep. I clearly recognize that my POV is not the same as others. We just returned from a great road trip. First one in a few years and really enjoyed it. Kinda forgot what is was like. Stay safe. Hope things improve for everyone, especially by next August. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Beach protocols could reappear in a moments notice. They were the norm last spring. 

And masks are back in a lot of places in Central Florida. 

We never had beach protocols.  More people are wearing masks around here but I took my cat to the vet, got my nails done and went grocery shopping today without wearing one.

• Like 1