Yacht Club Inclusions

zackarykeef

Hey all…this will be our first cruise on MSC, and we just found out our bid for a YC suite was accepted. Woohoo!

We we’re previously booked in a Fantastica balcony with the easy beverage package and WiFi.

We were planning on upgrading our drink package once on board, but does anyone know if an upgraded package is included with YC? Or if an upgraded WiFi package is included?

Extremely excited and hope we don’t get too spoiled! Thank you all in advance!

This can be a byzantine subject, "What is the specific drink designation of what YCers get in YC and what they get out and about the rest of the ship." Currently, since drink packages change later in the year, you get the equivalent of...

Premium, with its $12 limit. The no-price-limit Premium Plus is not included.(I think.)

The WiFi, is (I think) the lesser "Browse" and not the "Browse and Stream."

Edited by no1talks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Margaretealexander said:

YC is all inclusive so a drink package isn’t necessary. Curious as to your bid? When did you hear it was accepted? We bid as well but haven’t heard yet. 

Thanks…I just didn’t know that if we order drinks anywhere on the ship if we could get whatever we wanted.

We bid the minimum…it was $270pp. Said it was a “poor” bid, so didn’t think we would get it. Bid Friday and found out this morning. We cruise this Friday 8/13.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Thanks…I just didn’t know that if we order drinks anywhere on the ship if we could get whatever we wanted.

We bid the minimum…it was $270pp. Said it was a “poor” bid, so didn’t think we would get it. Bid Friday and found out this morning. We cruise this Friday 8/13.

We bid and got a “good” chance. We sail on the 23. Did your embarkation time change with the room change?

7 minutes ago, Margaretealexander said:

We bid and got a “good” chance. We sail on the 23. Did your embarkation time change with the room change?

In the app…it still says the the old room, but now says Yacht Club. When I login online, it has the new room, and still says 11:00am with the YC symbol next to it.

The upgrade confirmation email this morning said we would be getting a new booking confirmation email shortly, but haven’t received that yet. Not sure if we’ll get a new number or what, but I’m assuming I’ll need to redo web check in and get new paperwork.

Anyone know what this process is or if/when this new email will come?

2 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

You shot and you scored!   You now must deal with the horror of never wanting to sail outside the YC again.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kelleherdl said:

You shot and you scored!   You now must deal with the horror of never wanting to sail outside the YC again.

I knew this would happen. I usually sail NCL, and the Haven is amazing, but it’s so $$$. This is the first MSC cruise, so we’ll be spoiled 🤣

2 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

In the app…it still says the the old room, but now says Yacht Club. When I login online, it has the new room, and still says 11:00am with the YC symbol next to it.

The upgrade confirmation email this morning said we would be getting a new booking confirmation email shortly, but haven’t received that yet. Not sure if we’ll get a new number or what, but I’m assuming I’ll need to redo web check in and get new paperwork.

Anyone know what this process is or if/when this new email will come?

We didn’t do web check in again when we were upgraded the day before we sailed!

All was fine at the Cruise Terminal. They accepted ‘old’ tickets. They just changed the number.

Enjoy! We loved it, then upgraded our second booking to YC as couldn’t bear not to get it again!!

36 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

I knew this would happen. I usually sail NCL, and the Haven is amazing, but it’s so $$$. This is the first MSC cruise, so we’ll be spoiled 🤣

Yacht Club is significantly less expensive than The Haven.  Having sailed MSC YC several times I will never spend that kind of money on NCL.

7 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

We didn’t do web check in again when we were upgraded the day before we sailed!

All was fine at the Cruise Terminal. They accepted ‘old’ tickets. They just changed the number.

Enjoy! We loved it, then upgraded our second booking to YC as couldn’t bear not to get it again!!

Just check in at the white Yacht Club tent.  Let your experience begin there.

12 minutes ago, Margaretealexander said:

You would need to have received an email from MSC lol erring you know you were eligible to bid. It’s pretty simple. They walk you thru the process

Thanks, that clears it up for me.

1 hour ago, doublebzz said:

How does one bid for an upgrade?

You need to go to your MSC online profile and allow MSC to send you marketing emails, they may go into your spam folder.  I think some travel agents don't participate and can block those bookings from getting upgrade bidding offers.

Edited by Até

7 hours ago, Até said:

You need to go to your MSC online profile and allow MSC to send you marketing emails, they may go into your spam folder.  I think some travel agents don't participate and can block those bookings from getting upgrade bidding offers.

Good luck with this.  Logging in with either booking number or account doesn't get me to my profile.  I signed up for the newsletter which required me to confirm by email.  After doing so, I ended up right back at the web page repeating the message to respond to a confirmation email again.  This web site is an absolute disaster.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dexddd said:

As I and others said in a different thread, a poor bid does not mean good deal.  We got recent bid and lowest bid was what the original price difference was.

In general I agree.  But the vast number of unsold Yacht Club cabins on these US Fall sailings is going to result in a lot of low bid awards.  People just need to realize these YC asking prices are a joke, evidenced by the fact that hardly any are selling, and should not be used as a gauge for making a bid.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Até said:

In general I agree.  But the vast number of unsold Yacht Club cabins on these US Fall sailings is going to result in a lot of low bid awards.  People just need to realize these YC asking prices are a joke, evidenced by the fact that hardly any are selling, and should not be used as a gauge for making a bid.

‘Value’ is a highly individualized calculation.  I have sailed suite level on a variety of mid-level to mass market level cruise lines in Europe and the US.  We have made the determination that MSC Yacht Club is by a long stretch the highest value cruising experience among major cruise lines.  True, price, which is still well below comparable competitors, has been going up.  Does anyone find that surprising coming out of COVID shutdown?  Suggesting to new MSC cruises that YC prices ‘are a joke’ is patently misleading compared to the competition.  I still follow prices on all cruise lines to see if MSC is still the best bang for my buck.  I have determined it is.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, doublebzz said:

Good luck with this.  Logging in with either booking number or account doesn't get me to my profile.  I signed up for the newsletter which required me to confirm by email.

I agree the website is a constantly changing mess.  What I've found is problems like you describe are usually an inconsistency in how you set up your MSC profile and how the booking was made.  The most common issue is use of a middle name or suffix.  MSC's systems handle these oddly, if you booked with a middle name your online profile will need that as part of your first name and if you used a suffix then it may be needed as part of your last name.  Otherwise the online account website cannot match your profile with your booking.

If the online website doesn't see any bookings in your profile then you will not be getting the bidding email.  I've never received an online newsletter.

9 minutes ago, Margaretealexander said:

Can someone clear this up for me.... a received bid for an upgrade only gives you the room not the “experience”? If I get upgraded to YC I only receive a better room not all the perks? That’s what I’ve been reading on CC boards.

It's actually the opposite 🙂

YC rooms are nothing to brag about and can be worse than many non-YC rooms. However, the experience is what people pay for. If you win an upgrade bid, you'll get both - room and experience.

15 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

‘Value’ is a highly individualized calculation. ...  I still follow prices on all cruise lines to see if MSC is still the best bang for my buck.  I have determined it is.

How many Yacht Club booking have you made at $5500 per week for a Deluxe in the off season?