Shore excursions disappearing from booking

Rrehfe4969@aol.com

Livorno is further away from Cinque Terre than the usual port for such tours but you can do it on your own if you are committed, thanks to Oceania's fairly late stay in Livorno.  You dock in Livorno at 8 am; there is a train from Livorno Centrale at 9:07am that gets to La Spezia Centrale at 10:14am.  Then you would buy an all-day Cinque Terre Treno Multi-Service Card and go from village to village as you please.  You should have plenty of time to see everything, and if the weather is good you could even take the boat between some villages for a different view.  Get back to La Spezia for the 5:24pm train that gets in to Livorno at 6:40pm [plenty of time for the 8:00pm departure; if you miss that, there's another train at 6:16pm and gets in at 7:24pm and cues you up for the infamous 'pier run'...]

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Have done these before and are really good but had our heart on cinque terre

Why don't you just DIY - with careful planning it can be done.

Or you may look for a local tour operator and maybe have others from your RC join you to make it more affordable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Livorno is further away from Cinque Terre than the usual port for such tours but you can do it on your own if you are committed, thanks to Oceania's fairly late stay in Livorno.  You dock in Livorno at 8 am; there is a train from Livorno Centrale at 9:07am that gets to La Spezia Centrale at 10:14am.  Then you would buy an all-day Cinque Terre Treno Multi-Service Card and go from village to village as you please.  You should have plenty of time to see everything, and if the weather is good you could even take the boat between some villages for a different view.  Get back to La Spezia for the 5:24pm train that gets in to Livorno at 6:40pm [plenty of time for the 8:00pm departure; if you miss that, there's another train at 6:16pm and gets in at 7:24pm and cues you up for the infamous 'pier run'...]

Thanks for the info.  

You may have planned our stop for us!

7 hours ago, nikless said:

Thanks for the info.  

You may have planned our stop for us!

We did this (from La Spezia) so I know at least that much of it works.  Check out Rick Steves Italy for great planning ideas about Cinque Terre.

More details in my blog (see post for Tuesday October 1, 2019 – La Spezia and Cinque Terre):  jazzbeauxmediterraneancruise2019.wordpress.com

Our Herculaneum excursion still doesn't show on our reservation and is not available for booking.  The "Your Pre-Selected Shore Excursions" pdf I was emailed yesterday does include it but I was still concerned so I tried to book another excursion for the same day. I couldn't because of an "excursion conflict".

This is our first Oceania cruise so I'm not sure how they handle sold out excursions. Should I be worried?

On 8/9/2021 at 2:16 PM, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Went on my booking page and was looking at booked excursions for our cruise September 20th from Amsterdam to Venice and noticed one of our paid excursions was missing. Oceania cancelled our cinque terre 9 hour excursion without even telling us and now do not even show one being offered for October 10th and to top it off no credit returned for the two excursions for my wife and me. I guess I would not have found out until the date of excursion if I had not be diligent. Anyone else lose an excursion this way?  If you are going to cancel how about a heads up. E mail or text would seem appropriate. 

ticked off 

Richard rehfeldt 

I tried to post this before, but I must not have hit "Submit Reply."  We are on the next cruise after yours, October 16 out of Venice (or someplace nearby that we have not been told about yet).  Anyway, we were going to finalize some excursion choices today, and had planned to book the Cinque Terre excursion out of Livorno.  But it, too, has disappeared from the list of excursions.  I called Oceania to check on this, and the agent could not find any Cinque Terre excursion, either, which he interpreted to mean that it has been cancelled (for whatever reason) and not that it is just fully booked.  

Tom & Judy

I agree. They cancelled tour and no reason has been given and we had pre paid and confirmed. I assume like others had said earlier that maybe because of covid no tour operators that are Oceania approved. We booked winery tour to tua Rita as an alternative thru Oceania food and wine tours.  Was really looking forward to cinque terre tour but maybe next time. 

3 hours ago, nikless said:

This morning I noticed online on my credit card statement that they refunded met the cost for the Cinque Terra tour I had booked for Nov 15.  No explanation, nor reason.

good that you got your refund

sometimes they take a week  not like  going to the store & getting the instant refund 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, patty1955 said:

Our Herculaneum excursion still doesn't show on our reservation and is not available for booking.  The "Your Pre-Selected Shore Excursions" pdf I was emailed yesterday does include it but I was still concerned so I tried to book another excursion for the same day. I couldn't because of an "excursion conflict".

I just got an email that reads:

Greetings,

the below tours have been cancelled as the museums are closed due to COVID-19 complications.

NAP-005

HISTORIC HERCULANEUM

Best Regards.