One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

31 minutes ago, exm said:

Just the day 5 antigen testing for my party of 6. No big deal and all negative. Just some confusion since someone mentioned that NYS needs a PCR test which is a false rumor.

Another beautiful, but a bit windy, sea day.

Great news!!  We don't get ours until tomorrow

Super lazy day today.  Well, except we did our laps on the pool deck track after a light breakfast in the lounge.  Otherwise we've been relaxing at the Solarium where it feels like a relatively normal cruise capacity -- hard to find a seat 😂

Discovered our new favorite "island" drink, the Cozumel Sunrise.  Yum.  

Tonight is formal night, so will head off to shower and get "formal" soon

31FC3230-A22F-4886-B760-425FC0EF3577.jpeg

3120C4FB-0FAA-4310-B5AA-33514DAD47A3.jpeg

49F55969-331E-4E3F-A466-DCDE0D79C268.jpeg

• Like 1

Hard to believe the week is drawing to a close-- it goes way too fast after all the months of anticipation.  

Tonight we did cocktail formal, and dinner in the MDR.  We had a great dining staff team and are torn for next week, since our assistant waiter was promoted and we can't request the same team.  

2985D4CD-1596-4ACF-B0D6-EE688C657876.jpeg

DAA62CAA-BC50-4072-AA47-F18DD6D5DBA0.jpeg

4CCCC0BE-8714-470C-A932-CF8D9671EBCA.jpeg

E484D848-D268-446C-A69B-596684384759.jpeg

FF31B4FC-69C5-491A-A259-23D408FF70BC.jpeg

438B6A8C-07E5-4610-90D9-91C950A08D14.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Pub crawl today --unofficial start at the Sky Bar with a Strawberry Blonde for me and a Passion fruit Spritz Fe my other half made by the delightful Made

Is that "Made in China"? That was his funny introduction on Majesty (our last cruise Feb. 2020) He is a really nice guy. :classic_biggrin:

Tomorrow I am getting off the ship, but I am staying one more night in Nassau (Margaritaville). Here are some final thoughts on-board, but I am sure I will be back:

1. Heard there were 0 Covid cases on our sailing, awesome!

2. The Covid testing and protocols really are not a big deal.

3. As someone who has done 12 cruises I can’t consider myself a veteran, but certainly not a noob either. This was hands down the best service I received on any cruise.

4. The cruise was empty and sometimes felt like it, sometimes not. However, I will probably will never have this experience ever again. And 2 days in CocoCay? Lucky us.

5. I met 2 cruise critic-couples on-board: love the cc community.

6. Freeport is a terrible cruise port and really should be deleted if you ask me. Nassau is soooo much better - and Nassau is still a 2/5 as far as ports go. We did Caves and Beaches in Freeport today and underwhelming is an understatement: drove 45 mins to see 2 small caves (what’s up with the “largest” cave system?), followed by an okay beach?

7. Something is hanging from my ceiling?!

8. We lucked out with Hurricanes and TS this week. Seriously.

To everyone on the 28th Nassau AOS sailing: enjoy your day experience/cruise/B2B. I am jealous!

10C9FA73-CAF4-4798-B329-CC1C84B87CFE.jpeg

E9CE1A83-1309-4F16-AA3C-C37F272585EE.jpeg

0901D7A5-7BC0-41FA-BF0D-1B7421E4CF87.jpeg

F6A7F064-8B3A-4CB3-8973-7521637F1CBB.jpeg

• Like 9

Update: heard that we had 1 passenger tested positive for Covid on our 8/21, not 0. Still not too bad.

Finished my final WJ breakfast, and need to leave.

Another positive Covid change (besides the muster station, and the new departure process) is the omelet station. No more waiting in-line, you simply place an order and get a buzzer to let you know when it’s ready.

Edited by exm
  • Like 1

Sorry to see so many friends leaving the ship today -- thank you for being a wonderful part of this cruise experience!

We are happily waiting in the Imperial lounge to do our check out/ check in for the second leg.  Livingston is keeping us supplied with mimosa

0F2EF32C-6C0D-4F41-938A-12D7EE43284E.jpeg

88934776-A14F-4DD7-99C9-996C95559EA6.jpeg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Sorry to see so many friends leaving the ship today -- thank you for being a wonderful part of this cruise experience!

We are happily waiting in the Imperial lounge to do our check out/ check in for the second leg.  Livingston is keeping us supplied with mimosa

0F2EF32C-6C0D-4F41-938A-12D7EE43284E.jpeg

88934776-A14F-4DD7-99C9-996C95559EA6.jpeg

Enjoy and nice meeting you!

• Thanks 1

We are lounging at the Solarium but soon off to the consecutive cruiser lunch.  Crowded in Port today with 4 ships 😊

B2B process was easy.  Check in, drink mimosas and wait for them to call you to answer the health questions,then over to watch a life vest demo (shortest muster ever) and then get your new sea pass

6E58C210-0FEB-4274-A7FF-616287D0147A.jpeg

3926F4CA-2FF0-4A17-BC5B-65093ACEB6F7.jpeg

C254921D-D2E1-41F2-B760-7EE0A1005BC0.jpeg

• Like 2

To those on the 8/28 sailing, I hope to catch you sail away. Will def take a picture.

Right now I am enjoying a bonus vaca day. Tip:  right down the beach from the Tiki Bar is a hut called Salty Crab. Great food and cheap beer (3 Kalik for $12 with a free shot). A beer at our resort is $7 each. Cheers!

EB03EB37-FFB2-4679-AAF8-386863F0CA6C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

We are definitely still on a cruise, lol, as we are completely stuffed after the consecutive cruiser lunch.  We did stop by the C & A desk to get our points applied and level up 😊

Enjoy your week!  Let us know when you hear numbers for next week.  Those of us boarding 9/4 will be waiting with bated breath 

• Like 1

You guys are lucky... I didn't things could get worse as far as protocols are concerned...but it appears CDC updated guidance recommends... masks be worn indoors and that cruise ships eliminated areas where you can go maskless... regardless of vaccine status.. I am now wondering about my reschedule cruise in Feb....  At this point it appears voluntary... but how voluntary can it really be given CDC power over this industry.. see article https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/cdc-covid-update-reflects-what-cruise-lines-are-already-doing-adds-gray-color. There is a lot of double speak in the CDC document https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html#mask-use

11 hours ago, exm said:

Update: heard that we had 1 passenger tested positive for Covid on our 8/21, not 0. Still not too bad.

Another positive Covid change (besides the muster station, and the new departure process) is the omelet station. No more waiting in-line, you simply place an order and get a buzzer to let you know when it’s ready.

They've done that on other ships; I prefer the line.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:47 AM, exm said:

I have been on ships with the buzzers. I'm surprised they are still using them. They don't want people touching serving utensils but they are handing these buzzers from person to person. Not that I think they are going to transmit the virus but it just seems a bit contradictory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have been on ships with the buzzers. I'm surprised they are still using them. They don't want people touching serving utensils but they are handing these buzzers from person to person. Not that I think they are going to transmit the virus but it just seems a bit contradictory.

They've always wiped them down between uses; I'm sure there also using some disinfectant if they hadn't been before.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:47 AM, exm said:

My last sailing feb 2020 on Serenade used those buzzers for omelet station.   I thought it worked well then.

Thank you for sharing your trip.  Glad all went well.  Safe travels home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My last sailing feb 2020 on Serenade used those buzzers for omelet station.   I thought it worked well then.

Thank you for sharing your trip.  Glad all went well.  Safe travels home.

I like them, too. I can walk around getting other food instead of just standing around the station waiting for my order to be ready.

• Like 1