Price drop

lbfluffy

We decided to sail on the Majestic for the three day West Coast getaway on October 6th. We already booked her for a 7 day to the Mexican Riviera. Our really good friends from San Diego were going to join us, but sadly they can not because they have a 6 year old. So I figured this would be a great way to see them and check out the Majestic. I found a great deal and booked it and paid it off. However yesterday I saw about $100 price drop. I figured I would see if our TA would honor it. They did. I was doubtful when I was reading the boards, but they did. Looking forward to checking out the Majestic. Plus I just made my appointment for my Covid test on October 4th.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

We decided to sail on the Majestic for the three day West Coast getaway on October 6th. We already booked her for a 7 day to the Mexican Riviera. Our really good friends from San Diego were going to join us, but sadly they can not because they have a 6 year old. So I figured this would be a great way to see them and check out the Majestic. I found a great deal and booked it and paid it off. However yesterday I saw about $100 price drop. I figured I would see if our TA would honor it. They did. I was doubtful when I was reading the boards, but they did. Looking forward to checking out the Majestic. Plus I just made my appointment for my Covid test on October 4th.

THANK YOU! I just mailed my TA to see if this was possible. I went through the booking process and put a courtesy hold on a room to see if she could get me an upgrade. I had asked earlier in the week and the price she quoted me was almost basically paying an additional single supplemented fare! 

Hope to see you in October! 

~Kathryn 

• Like 1

And then again, inconsistency.  I recently tried to re-fare a cruise.  My category is sold out.  My TA called Princess. I called Princess.  The answer was the same.  I would have to cancel my booking, take my chances on getting my cabin assignment back, AND pay the current fare.  All I wanted to do was drop Princess Plus.  

Glad it worked out for you.

48 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

And then again, inconsistency.  I recently tried to re-fare a cruise.  My category is sold out.  My TA called Princess. I called Princess.  The answer was the same.  I would have to cancel my booking, take my chances on getting my cabin assignment back, AND pay the current fare.  All I wanted to do was drop Princess Plus.  

A guest cannot refare if the Category you are working with is sold out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

A guest cannot refare if the Category you are working with is sold out. 

We were able to do this a few years ago. I didn't think my TA could do it but she could. I haven't asked my TA to do this recently.

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

We were able to do this a few years ago. I didn't think my TA could do it but she could. I haven't asked my TA to do this recently.

Did she do a fast cancel/rebook and your cabin was still there to book?  You may not recall, so not a big deal.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Did she do a fast cancel/rebook and your cabin was still there to book?  You may not recall, so not a big deal.

It was a re-fare. It was probably 4 years ago. Seems like eternity in cruise life. I remember mentioning it as I didn't know if she could do it and she said "sometimes it works".

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Can't just drop Plus like cancelling a specialty dinner ... had cabins been available in your category, it would have meant changing from Plus Fare to the Saver Fare, at the current price.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

My TA just called Princess and asked them for the new price. I was lucky because my category was still available 

did this price drop happen to include a reduced price for passenger # 2 ? - there are some of those floating around for the short cruise(s) in November 2021 on the REGAL - NEW BOOKINGS ONLY - so any past promotion booked under ( OBC ) 'may' be lost

just wondering

If the category is sold out they have no way to refare it.  They need the current price for with or without Princess Plus.  You can keep on checking to see if someone in your category cancels.  Then refare if it is still to your benefit.

Lately refaring seems to be a big problem. I saw that my cabin had gone down $100 each person for a cruise next March. The price I was seeing was different than what my travel agent saw so even though she could refare, her price was higher than what I was seeing. I gave her my signin information, she signed in and saw what I was seeing. When she called Princess was told the only way to get that new fare was cancel my booking and rebook it. I was booked on B2B and would have hated losing my cabin .Person at Princess did the cancel and rebook for my travel agent so I didn't lose cabin. Good to have a travel agent  that is willing to help as much as mine does (even having to be on hold with Princess for a huge amount of time).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

did this price drop happen to include a reduced price for passenger # 2 ? - there are some of those floating around for the short cruise(s) in November 2021 on the REGAL - NEW BOOKINGS ONLY - so any past promotion booked under ( OBC ) 'may' be lost

just wondering

Yes it did. I had $50 OBC but I did not lose that. 

• Like 1

I literally just hung up. I was able to move to an obstructed balcony from my interior, no problem. I had asked my TA on Monday if there were any deals, and she quoted me an additional $446 on Tuesday.  I just got it for an additional $175. (My TA is out of the office until next week, and so her colleague helped me) Did not lose my air/transfers/etc.  I do have to resubmit my shareholder form, as that $50 OBC was dropped. I did not lose the AAA $25 OBC, as that is who I work with. 

Thank you OP for the head's up! 

~Kathryn 

Edited by blondee419
edited for clarity & spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

just wondering

I just went through that with my PVP for my October Grand Princess 4 night. First she quoted me a price higher than my original price.  I had a screenshot that showed my original price seen yesterday) but then unable to proceed to select a cabin. She did get a better price eventually,  but not as good as it should have been.  She had to make a whole new booking, and my air was dropped (I was able to rebook that after several attempts to get our original flights and price).

2 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Lately refaring seems to be a big problem. I saw that my cabin had gone down $100 each person for a cruise next March. The price I was seeing was different than what my travel agent saw so even though she could refare, her price was higher than what I was seeing. I gave her my signin information, she signed in and saw what I was seeing. When she called Princess was told the only way to get that new fare was cancel my booking and rebook it. I was booked on B2B and would have hated losing my cabin .Person at Princess did the cancel and rebook for my travel agent so I didn't lose cabin. Good to have a travel agent  that is willing to help as much as mine does (even having to be on hold with Princess for a huge amount of time).

Glad you got it - too bad Princess is making this difficult.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blondee419 said:

I literally just hung up. I was able to move to an obstructed balcony from my interior, no problem. I had asked my TA on Monday if there were any deals, and she quoted me an additional $446 on Tuesday.  I just got it for an additional $175. (My TA is out of the office until next week, and so her colleague helped me) Did not lose my air/transfers/etc.  I do have to resubmit my shareholder form, as that $50 OBC was dropped. I did not lose the AAA $25 OBC, as that is who I work with. 

Thank you OP for the head's up! 

~Kathryn 

I am glad I read this. I did not realize when I got the price drop, my shareholder OBC was gone. My husband is resubmitting it. Whew. That would have bummed me out. Now hoping for an upgrade!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ebeluga said:

Why am I not seeing the reduced price for pax #2 for my CA Fall Coastal cruises?!

It’s only for 3-5 day sailings through this year and I think maybe early 2022. I’m doing a mock booking and seeing the second pax is half off the Saver Fare. The $40 pp pd for Princess plus is not discounted. I saved $700 on my November sailing.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

It’s only for 3-5 day sailings through this year and I think maybe early 2022. I’m doing a mock booking and seeing the second pax is half off the Saver Fare. The $40 pp pd for Princess plus is not discounted. I saved $700 on my November sailing.  

Thank you!!  I found a couple of them to hop on!  The game is on.

Edited by ebeluga

Just got off the phone with my PVP.  She has been wonderful, but Princess has been terrible.  After 9 cancellation we are going  to be on the Sept 30 sailing.  Still not paid in full as they pulled my FCC last Friday and she is trying  to get it restated!  Last night I saw that balcony cabins had dropped to what we are paying for an oceanview.  I asked for the cabin, but she was told for new bookings only!  After all the trouble to get my FCC right, change cruises, etc. they would not give me an upgrade.  I didn't ask for $, just a better cabin.  PS- ship seems to be at under 50% capacity, and there are very few cabins taken in the bottom balcony category.  Most are available. 

Next time- use a TA rather than PVP?   Doesn't seem that she can do much for us!  Any ideas? 

51 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

Just got off the phone with my PVP.  She has been wonderful, but Princess has been terrible.  After 9 cancellation we are going  to be on the Sept 30 sailing.  Still not paid in full as they pulled my FCC last Friday and she is trying  to get it restated!  Last night I saw that balcony cabins had dropped to what we are paying for an oceanview.  I asked for the cabin, but she was told for new bookings only!  After all the trouble to get my FCC right, change cruises, etc. they would not give me an upgrade.  I didn't ask for $, just a better cabin.  PS- ship seems to be at under 50% capacity, and there are very few cabins taken in the bottom balcony category.  Most are available. 

Next time- use a TA rather than PVP?   Doesn't seem that she can do much for us!  Any ideas? 

I have a wonderful TA (never had a PVP).  She has resources that. don't have privy to.  I call and sometimes get a very nice agent.  But Princess. has really changed their policies and become very unfriendly to past passengers.  Any changes to your fare seems to require a new booking.  I am not willing to give up my cabin for whatever Princess is "now" offering.  The chances of releasing my cabin and trying to pick it back up is more of a risk that I am willing do.

You say that you are not paid in full.  Do you have a refundable deposit?  What is stopping you from cancelling current booking and rebook a balcony?  Am I missing something?

During the height of the pandemic, I had to cancel/change airline tickets OFTEN.  It required hours on hold.  I don't understand why changes can not be done online without an agent.  I don't understand why I "can't" get a better offer without giving up the world.  No matter....I will cruise.  No matter, Princes will do what is best for Princess.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have a wonderful TA (never had a PVP).  She has resources that. don't have privy to.  I call and sometimes get a very nice agent.  But Princess. has really changed their policies and become very unfriendly to past passengers.  Any changes to your fare seems to require a new booking.  I am not willing to give up my cabin for whatever Princess is "now" offering.  The chances of releasing my cabin and trying to pick it back up is more of a risk that I am willing do.

You say that you are not paid in full.  Do you have a refundable deposit?  What is stopping you from cancelling current booking and rebook a balcony?  Am I missing something?

During the height of the pandemic, I had to cancel/change airline tickets OFTEN.  It required hours on hold.  I don't understand why changes can not be done online without an agent.  I don't understand why I "can't" get a better offer without giving up the world.  No matter....I will cruise.  No matter, Princes will do what is best for Princess.  

Not sure if there is a way you can share your TA without breaking CC rules. I am dumping my TA.  I have to keep her for my next two cruises since I’m paid in full. 

• Thanks 1