Delayed FCC

Richteab

I was due to receive a 125% FCC “by email by 6th August”.  Nothing received yet - have others experienced a delay?

I have never used one of these before - can they be applied to the total cost - cruise, excursions, add-ons etc or just to the base cost?

Sometimes they are created but not sent out.  Give them a call, they can either give you the info over the phone, or expedite the creation.  If you already have another cruise booked they can apply the FCC for you in the same call. 

On 8/13/2021 at 5:39 PM, Richteab said:

I was due to receive a 125% FCC “by email by 6th August”.  Nothing received yet - have others experienced a delay?

I have never used one of these before - can they be applied to the total cost - cruise, excursions, add-ons etc or just to the base cost?

As you are in the UK, I am wondering did you book with an online agency?  My experience there, they do not share the certificate with you unless you really argue and argue for it.  They don't want you taking it somewhere else so don't pass it on.  Maybe try and follow up with the agent - they have to give them a copy but you need to be persistent!

2 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

Sometimes they are created but not sent out.  Give them a call, they can either give you the info over the phone, or expedite the creation.  If you already have another cruise booked they can apply the FCC for you in the same call. 

It was a direct booking and I’ve now spoken to Customer Services who have escalated this to a supervisor and then upwards. I hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are in the UK and also experiencing problems despite our 20+ Azamara cruises . We book via an excellent TA so she and I are badgering Azamara for the promised FCC - mainly from the curtailed Cape town to Dubai cruise , deposits taken for a Brazil cruise and refunds for quanrantin for noro onboard. We had an uplift to a 2022 Brazil cruise which hs also been cancelled. This totals some £7582 which Azamara shoreside seem to be quietly forgettiing that they owe us as FCC or refund. We have tried the polite and the heavy handed approaches to all and sundry and are meeting a wall of silence. Love the ships, the staff and the itineraries but find dealing with shoreside like root canal surger without anaesthetic. Any suggestions for contects who WILL do anything sensible is very welcome.

24 minutes ago, Rabidcruiser said:

We are in the UK and also experiencing problems despite our 20+ Azamara cruises . We book via an excellent TA so she and I are badgering Azamara for the promised FCC - mainly from the curtailed Cape town to Dubai cruise , deposits taken for a Brazil cruise and refunds for quanrantin for noro onboard. We had an uplift to a 2022 Brazil cruise which hs also been cancelled. This totals some £7582 which Azamara shoreside seem to be quietly forgettiing that they owe us as FCC or refund. We have tried the polite and the heavy handed approaches to all and sundry and are meeting a wall of silence. Love the ships, the staff and the itineraries but find dealing with shoreside like root canal surger without anaesthetic. Any suggestions for contects who WILL do anything sensible is very welcome.

I'd email Azamara Circle. I know that Patti Gonzalez, Azamara Circle Director is back because I had an email from her. Loyalty@azamara.com. 

Phil 

I realize the OP has received his information but just in case there are others following this topic, I’ll let you know our experience.

We were on an earlier wave of cancellations, with our FCC due by the end of May.  By mid-July, I called Azamara directly to ask if we should be concerned that we hadn’t yet received the email with our certificates.  The very friendly rep was able to let me know that the certificates had been issued, perhaps to our (very large) travel agent, and was able to give me the numbers of the certificates.  I suppose we would have been able to book a replacement cruise at that point but a couple of weeks later we got the email from Azamara with the certificates.  

They are processing a huge number of cancelled cruises, maybe in date of cruise order, and each of us has our own reservation complication.  I don’t envy them!  But do give them a call if you are worried.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 5:26 PM, Richteab said:

It was a direct booking and I’ve now spoken to Customer Services who have escalated this to a supervisor and then upwards. I hope.

What telephone number did you or your agent use?? I just used the 0344 number on the latest Azamara advertised website and got an obscure (Guatamalan??) voice referring me  / my TA to a premium rate number which according to the Cruise Critic thread , apparently should have been dropped in 2014 ( company YUMPU??). This is becoming beyond a joke.....

1 hour ago, Rabidcruiser said:

What telephone number did you or your agent use?? I just used the 0344 number on the latest Azamara advertised website and got an obscure (Guatamalan??) voice referring me  / my TA to a premium rate number which according to the Cruise Critic thread , apparently should have been dropped in 2014 ( company YUMPU??). This is becoming beyond a joke.....

Azamara are still using Royal Caribbean as their booking agent and sometimes there systems go awry, I phoned the number on the U.K. website once and after a trip around the houses ended up in one of RC’s offshore call centres. They did transfer me to Azamara’s U.K. hub in the US and all was ok. I’ve phoned a few times since and always got through to the right call centre and the call has been answered promptly. 
You should early in the call get a recorded message saying Azamara use call centres outside the EU but any bookings are covered by EU legislation, probably post Brexit that could do with updating.