Any news on Princess dropping excursion only rule?

MX-Drew

38 minutes ago, john1970 said:

My TA just emailed to confirm the change for our seacation on the 23rd. Looking forward to exploring Liverpool.

Still waiting for my email for the 28th Sept. Liverpool is easy to "do" yourself but I'm not so about Belfast, Titanic museum.

Just had an email for an October 15th Iberia sailing that says double vaccinated passengers will be free to go ashore and explore independently. However guests under 17 who are not vaccinated can only go ashore through Princess excursions. 

1 hour ago, margsbolton said:

My friend and I are booked on Sky Princess on Oct 22nd to the Med and have just received an e mail to say we can now go ashore independently as fully vaccinated passengers.

Although obviously not Italy, unless the rules change,  so that's three ports gone!

14 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Still waiting for my email for the 28th Sept. Liverpool is easy to "do" yourself but I'm not so about Belfast, Titanic museum.

Also easy to do on your own.

a) Reserve admission tickets online in advance. I would pick a time at least 90 minutes after ship's arrival assuming the museum is open that early.

b) After disembarking there should be taxis available you can take to the Museum.

c) Allow extra time for returning to the ship as you may need to call for a taxi to come to the museum to bring you back to the ship.

(Be sure to allow time to see the tender used for the Titanic. It is across the street from the museum and it is included in the museum admission price.)

12 minutes ago, caribill said:

Also easy to do on your own.

a) Reserve admission tickets online in advance. I would pick a time at least 90 minutes after ship's arrival assuming the museum is open that early.

b) After disembarking there should be taxis available you can take to the Museum.

c) Allow extra time for returning to the ship as you may need to call for a taxi to come to the museum to bring you back to the ship.

(Be sure to allow time to see the tender used for the Titanic. It is across the street from the museum and it is included in the museum admission price.)

Thank you, I have checked the availability of the tickets and the earliest one is 11am and we dock at 8am so my question is will taxis still be waiting at the ship or will I need to call one?

10 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Thank you, I have checked the availability of the tickets and the earliest one is 11am and we dock at 8am so my question is will taxis still be waiting at the ship or will I need to call one?

When we were there was pre-pandemic and there were plenty available.

Yes, email about our Mediteranean from Southampton 23rd October is independent for double jabbed. Annoyingly my youngest child is not, as UK are not vaccinating children! What really annoys me, is if you check the excursions, many of them are 'self-explore' once they drop you off the coach! So how does that differ from me walking off the ship and 'self-exploring with my son!

• Like 1