Viking vouchers

sinsonte

They are electronic, sent by email.  Your account at Viking keeps them while they are valid.  We have had many vouchers and hope they are used on our bookings slated for 2022.  We will see if Sydney AU is a go in March!!

17 minutes ago, Ontario/AZ said:

They are electronic, sent by email.  Your account at Viking keeps them while they are valid.  We have had many vouchers and hope they are used on our bookings slated for 2022.  We will see if Sydney AU is a go in March!!

Hope it does but Australia has said it probably would not relax its travel restrictions until at least mid 2020.

Just recieved a notice that 2022 Mar sailing would not go but Viking has put us on the 2023 Viking Mars  from Sydney to Bangkok.  So this wil be the third cancel but still looking forward to 2023.  We have just booked Grand Hawaii and Polynesia sailing for 33 days Jan 5.  Really can't stay in Canada for the entire winter!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ontario/AZ said:

Just recieved a notice that 2022 Mar sailing would not go but Viking has put us on the 2023 Viking Mars  from Sydney to Bangkok.  So this wil be the third cancel but still looking forward to 2023.  We have just booked Grand Hawaii and Polynesia sailing for 33 days Jan 5.  Really can't stay in Canada for the entire winter!! 

If we didn't already have bookings in May and August I'd jump on the Hawaii cruises. Have a good time and avoid the long cold nights of the great white North. 😃

22 hours ago, Ontario/AZ said:

We have a couple weeks in Victoria in January which conflicted with the South Pacific cruise, so to escape the cold and rain we booked the pre-Christmas Hawaiian Islands. Spent a couple of days researching the risks of getting to the ship with mixed vaccines.

Viking accept them, so we are confirming the option this morning. Yeah, 2-weeks without rain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

We have a couple weeks in Victoria in January which conflicted with the South Pacific cruise, so to escape the cold and rain we booked the pre-Christmas Hawaiian Islands. Spent a couple of days researching the risks of getting to the ship with mixed vaccines.

Viking accept them, so we are confirming the option this morning. Yeah, 2-weeks without rain.

So you were able to confirm that the US will let you in with your mixed vaccines?

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

So you were able to confirm that the US will let you in with your mixed vaccines?

Clay - At present, the US has no vaccine requirements for arriving by air, only a negative COVID test within 3-days prior to the flight. We have also chatted with California Public Health and at present, they have no issues.

Obviously things can change multiple times between now and December, but I am comfortable with the potential risks and risk mitigation options available.

I anticipate that the US CDC will eventually accept WHO standards and accept mixed vaccines, as being fully vaccinated. A number of countries have extensive data (at least for COVID vaccines) on the benefits of the mixed doses. If California initiated quarantine requirements for International arrivals, we have options of flying into other states, or even driving down.

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Clay - At present, the US has no vaccine requirements for arriving by air, only a negative COVID test within 3-days prior to the flight. We have also chatted with California Public Health and at present, they have no issues.

Obviously things can change multiple times between now and December, but I am comfortable with the potential risks and risk mitigation options available.

I anticipate that the US CDC will eventually accept WHO standards and accept mixed vaccines, as being fully vaccinated. A number of countries have extensive data (at least for COVID vaccines) on the benefits of the mixed doses. If California initiated quarantine requirements for International arrivals, we have options of flying into other states, or even driving down.

You’re right. My stupidity. I knew that.  Sorry

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 1

FYI -- maybe you all already know this but I just happened to check out Viking's "Updates on Current Sailings" page today.  Basically -- Viking is requiring full vaccinations for all passengers -- until further notice.  This is the link for VO but it's the same for VR -- https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/my-trip/current-sailings/index.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharTrav said:

FYI -- maybe you all already know this but I just happened to check out Viking's "Updates on Current Sailings" page today.  Basically -- Viking is requiring full vaccinations for all passengers -- until further notice.  This is the link for VO but it's the same for VR -- https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/my-trip/current-sailings/index.html

We got an email a while ago.

7 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Great news, thanks for posting.

6 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Great news, thanks for posting.

So let me get this straight. You have to be fully vaccinated and still not wear jeans at The Restaurant for dinner whether or not you have paid for your cruise with a voucher? I’m learning the Viking Way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

So let me get this straight. You have to be fully vaccinated and still not wear jeans at The Restaurant for dinner whether or not you have paid for your cruise with a voucher? I’m learning the Viking Way!

Ha Ha!  I think, fbslos18, that's all covered in that other thread !