Aug 15-22 On Allure - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

12 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Are mask required in these  Vaccinated venues?

Nope. That’s the point!  🙂

Now here’s my first complaint of the cruise - and I kinda expected this anyhow. 

last night was formal night 1… one of our favorite activities on formals is to sit on the Promenade and people watch (pro tip ladies - if you are gonna wear nice shoes- practice before the cruise) 

anyhow - many people in formal attire were walking around without masks…. Now personally I don’t care. But… my wife and I were just sitting there watching and had our masks off… and for some reason I got singled out - RCL crew came over and told me to mask up because I was not in a vaccinated area and not eating or drinking.

I didn’t argue - they are doing their job - but if they are going to enforce this masking stuff - they need to do it universally…

We just got up and went somewhere else. 

8 hours ago, rcixfan5 said:

I think I heard today at the ice show the cruise director said there are 1510 passengers on Allure for the 8/15/21 cruise, and 200 or so are kids.   

Interesting. I thought someone last week said there was 1700 passengers. Maybe demand wasnt there to increase capacity? 

2 hours ago, fishpick said:

Nope. That’s the point!  🙂

Now here’s my first complaint of the cruise - and I kinda expected this anyhow. 

last night was formal night 1… one of our favorite activities on formals is to sit on the Promenade and people watch (pro tip : ladies - if you are gonna wear nice shoes- practice before the cruise) 

Hahaha...I can only imagine...enjoy your cruise😃

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Lets face it, they probably aren't going to fill the ships for a while until this varient is under controll.  Based on what I see here, people just don't want the hassel.

Fine by me....let'em stay home. 40% capacity works for me....

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 7

Just now, CruiseZog said:

Is the fitness center open? Mask or no mask? Thanks!

This was our very first question when we got on board!!!

It is and here’s how it works:

If you are unvaccinated- you MUST make reservations between 6-7:30am or 7-8:30pm and masks are mandatory 

if you are vaccinated- 8am - 7pm is same as any other cruise - show up - take off your mask and grunt away!

And like every other cruise - day 1 the place is packed, day 2 busy, day 3 (today) like 5 other people… (this is at 8am sharp)

They also are running a class scheduled and that’s all vaccinated 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We talked to the concierge this morning…

The earlier post is correct - 1520 passengers on board. 

That said suites are basically fully booked. So the physical distancing in the lounge and costal kitchen has made it challenging for some people I guess. 
we booked our dinner reservations for costal when we got the concierge email so have had no issues… but this morning when we went to eat breakfast at about 9:15 after the gym - they told us we just missed a waiting line!

• Like 1

It looks like Tropical Storm Grace is going to go to Cozumel tomorrow night/Thursday as a hurricane.  Has the ship brought any of that up?  I think Cozumel is day 5.

Edited by atricks

18 hours ago, fishpick said:

Dazzles is a challenge with the social distance seating. Karaoke last night was a small audience because of the seating situation and it didn’t look like the second floor was open. 

Boleros was popin last night for sure!

Good to know -- so glad there is still a night life by way of Boleros. 💃🕺

• Like 1

Are they still taking photos in indoor spaces, and if so what is that procedure like?  Do they have people take off their masks when they are posing?

Taking our daughter on the Allure next week and hoping to get some good photos of us all dressed up. 

Just now, jacobtsf said:

Are they still taking photos in indoor spaces, and if so what is that procedure like?  Do they have people take off their masks when they are posing?

Taking our daughter on the Allure next week and hoping to get some good photos of us all dressed up. 

Still doing photos like usual. Mask on while waiting in line and then we took them off when it was our turn. Wasn’t bad - just hard to wear lipstick with the mask 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atricks said:

It looks like Tropical Storm Grace is going to go to Cozumel tomorrow night/Thursday as a hurricane.  Has the ship brought any of that up?  I think Cozumel is day 5.

We follow him van fleet so that’s how we know what’s up.  He said he will update tomorrow. I’m guessing we won’t go which is fine- we are just happy to be on a Ship! 

3 hours ago, fishpick said:

This was our very first question when we got on board!!!

It is and here’s how it works:

If you are unvaccinated- you MUST make reservations between 6-7:30am or 7-8:30pm and masks are mandatory 

if you are vaccinated- 8am - 7pm is same as any other cruise - show up - take off your mask and grunt away!

And like every other cruise - day 1 the place is packed, day 2 busy, day 3 (today) like 5 other people… (this is at 8am sharp)

They also are running a class scheduled and that’s all vaccinated 

Thanks for the info on this.  Any idea if the steam room and sauna are open in the men's locker room?  

5 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Does the compass list a guitarist or entertainment in Central Park in the evenings?  Pre-covid they used to have a guitarist or music there in the evenings.  Are they still doing soccer on the sports court?  Enjoying reading along.  Thank you.

Also curious about Central Park entertainment. This is our "evening go- to place".

15 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Also curious about Central Park entertainment. This is our "evening go- to place".

From planner: 

we listened for a bit last night before dinner at 150CP. 

6416BD6C-EE5D-445E-9B82-AC0231260EC7.thumb.png.58ea79cf3e51cae88293afe1d92b46ec.png

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, trafaelwyr said:

Thanks for the info on this.  Any idea if the steam room and sauna are open in the men's locker room?  

I don’t think they are doing any of the extras in the spa. Meaning usually when we get on we do the “free spa tour” where they try to sell all their magical cures - and we do it just so we can see the “sex pool” room and giggle like 8 year olds… and enter the free raffle. (If you never have done a spa tour, there is a couples room in the spa with a “love tub”…. Ergo the sex pool name)

we did it this time just to see if there would be the free raffle since fewer people would mean better odds. 
no tour and no raffle. They never once mentioned the sauna, the hot chair room or the sex pool… so while the spa is open for services for vaccinated guests I don’t think the add on packages for the extra facilities are available…