Drink Vouchers for Diamond

jrapps

If it does stay (remember they promised us it was only temporary!) then they need to look at their drinks packages.

I normally buy the soda package and then spend the happy hour in the DL (I am solo and this is a great place to socialize) and tht is plenty.

I don't drink Spirits, Wine, Cocktails or coffee but only drink Cider or Beer. So if they brought back the Select Package (Beer, Wine or Soda) or made available to 10 Beer punch card on the planner the way they have the Select Coffee Cards, then that would be plenty for me. 

We were on Freedom last month   and our usual wine and water was in the stateroom  when we arrived. The vouchers worked great for us. The coffee machine  in Diamond  Club was available  certain  hours of the day with a staff member  dispensing  the coffee. Hopefully  the vouchers  will stay as they are now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ampurp85 said:

I read that the vouchers were a permanent change and that things like not be allowed access to certain lounges were temporary. 

Well, even "permanent" changes are only permanent until they decide to change them...but I do hope you are right. We are really looking forward to hitting Diamond this year for these perks.

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

It'll be whatever the local supplier has. 

I guess I should have asked if the water came in the plastic bottles like in the past not what brand. I had read about the Dasani cans and somewhere about some coated boxes. 

Edited by Lorey2007

Guest BigRoger
18 hours ago, legospice said:

Do Diamonds still get the letter in the cabin with the list of "special offers" like the bogos and %off stuff?

Yep and D+ has it that each person/ member can have one buy one get one free on 2 glasses of wine or beer, and a 25 per cent off wine or beer coupon too….. but only once per sailing…. As well as the free drinks

49 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Yep and D+ has it that each person/ member can have one buy one get one free on 2 glasses of wine or beer, and a 25 per cent off wine or beer coupon too….. but only once per sailing…. As well as the free drinks

Thank you!

On 8/17/2021 at 1:06 PM, Daghis said:

The 3 vouchers per day was an extension of the Diamond Lounge happy hour by allowing one to get 3 house beverages at other bars (but often excluding restaurants).

This new system, which supplants the prior one, allows for any beverage up to $13, so you're not stuck with house wine or cheap liquor. (One can pay the delta above that, too, which wasn't possible before.) You can find the program updates here.

“These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!”

What is your interpretation of this as it pertains to Diamond Lounge. Does it mean we only get 4 drinks in the lounge if we haven’t used our vouchers during the day or are drinks in the lounge unlimited as in the past?  Thanks

On 8/17/2021 at 7:28 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

Will the lounge still have the coffee machine available 24/7?

Varies by ship, but Shuts down around 9pm, starts again around 6am. But that was getting to be normal pre covid

53 minutes ago, De Colores said:

“These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!”

What is your interpretation of this as it pertains to Diamond Lounge. Does it mean we only get 4 drinks in the lounge if we haven’t used our vouchers during the day or are drinks in the lounge unlimited as in the past?  Thanks

The unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge are GONE GONE GONE.  This program no longer exists.

INSTEAD, you have daily vouchers on your SeaPass account, which are good for drinks priced no more than $13, at any bar, at any time.  (D = 4, D+ = 5, PC = 6)

• Like 1

I sent an email when this started asking about my daughter who used to get non-alcoholic drinks in the Diamond Lounge.  They finally answered me back saying that she would have 4 non-alcoholic drinks added to her card per day.  I have a feeling they didn't know what they were talking about.  Has anyone had a Diamond kid get the free drinks on their card?

Screenshot_2021-08-19-22-25-20_kindlephoto-27546596.png

When ordering a drink do you need to say to the bar person it is a ‘diamond’ drink to ensure you do not get charged?

How much is the freshly squeezed orange juice in the windjammer and can you use a diamond voucher for it as my mother doesn’t drink much alcohol?

4 hours ago, VCR said:

I sent an email when this started asking about my daughter who used to get non-alcoholic drinks in the Diamond Lounge.  They finally answered me back saying that she would have 4 non-alcoholic drinks added to her card per day.  I have a feeling they didn't know what they were talking about.  Has anyone had a Diamond kid get the free drinks on their card?

Screenshot_2021-08-19-22-25-20_kindlephoto-27546596.png

Why would you think they don't know what they are talking about?  If she's a Diamond member (under 18 means she has the same status as you) then she'll receive 4 drinks per day, assuming Royal Caribbean keeps with that policy at the time of your sailing.  The drinks aren't required to be alcoholic, they're just drinks up to $13 each in value.  My Mom used most of hers on Adventure of the Seas for coffee at the barista next to Cafe Promenade.  Occasionally she got a bottle of water.  Zero issues, came off the 4-per-day for Diamond status.  She never ordered an alcoholic beverage the entire cruise and never had a bill at the end for any of the drinks.

4 hours ago, TytalusWarden said:

Why would you think they don't know what they are talking about?  If she's a Diamond member (under 18 means she has the same status as you) then she'll receive 4 drinks per day, assuming Royal Caribbean keeps with that policy at the time of your sailing.  The drinks aren't required to be alcoholic, they're just drinks up to $13 each in value.  My Mom used most of hers on Adventure of the Seas for coffee at the barista next to Cafe Promenade.  Occasionally she got a bottle of water.  Zero issues, came off the 4-per-day for Diamond status.  She never ordered an alcoholic beverage the entire cruise and never had a bill at the end for any of the drinks.

I'm wondering because she is 15 and I know kids Diamond perks are different.

5 hours ago, TytalusWarden said:

If she's a Diamond member (under 18 means she has the same status as you) then she'll receive 4 drinks per day,

The assumptions is that perk is only for adult Ds, not minor Ds - like most other D perks pre COVID.

A couple of questions on how to use the coupons.  Can you use them in specialty restaurants and  main dining?  And do you tell the server you are using a coupon or is it automatically applied?

Looking so forward to being back on the ocean in October.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The assumptions is that perk is only for adult Ds, not minor Ds - like most other D perks pre COVID.

Minor Diamond and above get the free drinks (though YMMV as to if you can get an adult drink with those vouchers) as of late July.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Minor Diamond and above get the free drinks (though YMMV as to if you can get an adult drink with those vouchers) as of late July.

So you were on a ship in late July and were able to successfully buy a drink with a minor's Seapass card?

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So you were on a ship in late July and were able to successfully buy a drink with a minor's Seapass card?

Yes. Adventure in the last week of July. We typically used our son's vouchers for water/powerade. Though one bar (coco cay i think) we were able to get adult drinks (though not on purpose, we accidentally handed the bartender his card instead of one of ours). 

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2