Premium Beverage Package

florence11

15 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Also I don't think Gratuities are viewed in the same way that Tips usually are in that they are not discretionary in the way that a tip at a restaurant is. In Oz they are baked into the price right ?

If you use Princess Savers fare, then the "crew incentive" AKA tips is discretionary. It is added to your onboard account each day but can be lowered or eliminated by request. However (outside of where it is part of the fare as in Oz) most passengers willingly pay it.

If you book the Princess Plus fare, then the "crew incentive" no longer is discretionary and cannot be changed on board.

16 minutes ago, caribill said:

If you use Princess Savers fare, then the "crew incentive" AKA tips is discretionary. It is added to your onboard account each day but can be lowered or eliminated by request. However (outside of where it is part of the fare as in Oz) most passengers willingly pay it.

If you book the Princess Plus fare, then the "crew incentive" no longer is discretionary and cannot be changed on board.

Being used to mostly taking vacations in places where the concept of tipping is very different, the concept of a practically mandatory gratuity on everything is a bit alien to most Brits - it's better for us to cover it in the fare and then if people want to add a discretionary tip on top at the end of the cruise then they can. It gets the awkwardness out of the picture. Just a cultural difference.

Back to the topic, we booked our next cruise as Princess Plus. It's the first time I've taken a package involving alcohol - usually I would get the soft drink package and coffee card, and then have the odd beer or cocktail now and again. I'm not a big drinker, but when you consider how much you'd pay for the internet and gratuity package anyway, and then for the soft drink and coffee packages, it's only a little more (particularly with the exchange rate the way it is) to have almost complete freedom of the bar menus. Given it's a two week itinerary with a fair number of sea days it's nice to know that we can just have what we want, when we want, without thinking the costs are going to stack up. I don't recall seeing anything I particularly want on the bar menus that isn't included.

• Like 1

Princess Plus is usually $40 a day, but the price does vary. For my cruise leaving Sunday, it was more than $100 per day because I got a Drop & Go fare. It would have been less expensive for me to buy the drink package and the internet separately and pay the daily gratuities. But I'm not going to drink six or more drinks a day, so I bought the internet and will pay the daily gratuities. I'll trade my minibar liquors for beers and my sodas for sparkling water. I don't drink the specialty coffees and will refill water bottles with tap water.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, muchofamuchness said:

Being used to mostly taking vacations in places where the concept of tipping is very different, the concept of a practically mandatory gratuity on everything is a bit alien to most Brits - it's better for us to cover it in the fare and then if people want to add a discretionary tip on top at the end of the cruise then they can. It gets the awkwardness out of the picture. Just a cultural difference.

I agree with you and actually the 'included Gratuities' is basically included in the fare, since very few have it removed. I don't know why it is done the way it is except that ostensibly a cruise might seem to be $200 or so cheaper on paper, before Gratuities.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, PoolSlider said:

Do they have (real) champagne by the glass? Would it be a surcharge over the $12 limit or would you have to pay the entire drink price? 

It was Prosecco by the glass or for Mimosas by the glass on our latest cruise. Included under the $12 limit.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, PoolSlider said:

Do they have (real) champagne by the glass? Would it be a surcharge over the $12 limit or would you have to pay the entire drink price? 

It was Prosecco by the glass or for Mimosas by the glass on our latest cruise. Included under the $12 limit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 12:07 PM, UT-Volsfan said:

We got off the Majestic Princess on August 8th.  You can use the Medallion App to order some drinks around the ship, but you cannot see each bar's menu on the app.  The App has a standard list of drinks you can order for delivery.  The good news is that you can order on the App for delivery to your stateroom at no charge.

Be aware that when placing an order, you can only order one beverage at a time.  You cannot order two drinks for yourself and your travel companion.  Each of you needs to order separately; otherwise you will be charged for the 2nd beverage.

You can see some screen shots of the App's menus in the Majestic's Live From threads in this forum.

If you have the princess plus premier beverage package, can you just call room service and have them deliver drinks to the room using each medallion?

Or, do you have to use the app to order to the room?

We used to have to go to the bar. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, PacnGoNow said:

If you have the princess plus premier beverage package, can you just call room service and have them deliver drinks to the room using each medallion?

Or, do you have to use the app to order to the room?

We used to have to go to the bar. Lol

You have to use the app to order to the room.  You cannot call room service to have drinks from the beverage package delivered.

Edited by UT-Volsfan

4 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

You have to use the app to order to the room.  You cannot call room service to have drinks from the beverage package delivered.

Can't you order from the stateroom TV?

Not everyone has a digital device that can run the app.

You can order from the TV both drinks and food but never tried it but am convinced it's included the same as if you use the app. I did buy the wheeled bag as a medallion special via the TV and got a necklace delivered as well that I hadn't ordered. They were delivered within 10mins so was impressed. I told them I hadn't ordered the necklace and they sorted it out no issues

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Can't you order from the stateroom TV?

Not everyone has a digital device that can run the app.

I ordered room service using the interactive TV in our cabin. We both had the plus package. I had an orange juice that on the screen said USD3.75 and I confirmed the order. When it came I checked the online account and the drink had not been charged for so I am guessing the package kicked in. 

21 hours ago, cjpj said:

Does Princess have a drink like smoothies included in the package? Looking for a beverage to put my fibre in.

Below thread, post #3, has current bar menus. Many of the photos are the wine selections, but scan through them and you will find other menu offerings. Any alcoholic blended drink can be ordered without alcohol. Believe you can also request some blended fruit drinks at certain bars. The International cafe also has some blends, see below, and they do have almond milk if that is what you prefer. Ask around the bar tenders probably will be happy to meet your requirements.

Iced Coffee & Blends      White Chocolate (12 oz.)  $2.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Vanilla Bean (12 oz.)  $2.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Caramel Mocha (12 oz.)  $2.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Peach Pizzazz (12 oz.)   $3.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Pomegranate & Blueberry (12 oz.)  $3.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Mango Madness (12 oz.)  $3.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      White Chocolate (16 oz.)   $3.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Vanilla Bean (16 oz.)   $3.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Caramel Mocha (16 oz.)  $3.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Peach Pizzazz (16 oz.)  $4.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Pomegranate & Blueberry (16 oz.)  $4.50

Iced Coffee & Blends      Mango Madness (16 oz.)   $4.50