Enchanted shower

saphir

The Enchanted Shower. 🦄🌈💫🚿🛁

Seriously, the shower curtains are not plastic. They’re a lightweight fabric material which is a man made fiber. I have never once had a plastic shower curtain on a Princess ship. At least not in the last 20 years. I don’t recall beyond that. They’ve never stuck to me. It’s true that they don’t change them between cruises. You could probably ask for a new one if you wanted. This is my 2 cents. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Unless a miracle should happen, we will still have the dreadful plastic curtain.  I buy one at the Dollar store to replace the one in our cabin.  Just the thought of having someone else’s body parts sticking to the curtain and then that curtain sticking to me, makes me cringe.  At the end of our  cruise, we remove it, dispose of it and replace it with the original Princess curtain.  Our cabin stewards just smile.  They get it.

I've never had a curtain stick to me. Before our first cruise, I read on CC about the grabby shower curtain and several fixes for it. Bought towel clips and use them on the shower curtain (never actually used them to clip our towel to a lounger 😉).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KruzPrincess said:

The Enchanted Shower. 🦄🌈💫🚿🛁

Seriously, the shower curtains are not plastic. They’re a lightweight fabric material which is a man made fiber. I have never once had a plastic shower curtain on a Princess ship. At least not in the last 20 years. I don’t recall beyond that. They’ve never stuck to me. It’s true that they don’t change them between cruises. You could probably ask for a new one if you wanted. This is my 2 cents. 

Consider yourself lucky.  Many times I’ve endured the clingy curtain and wondered why all the other cruiselines have installed glass doors and Princess only offers that in suites.  On  Celebrity all Edge class bathrooms, in all cabin categories, have increased the size by 25% and have large walk in showers with rainhead and glass doors.  I love them…..so luxurious!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Consider yourself lucky.  Many times I’ve endured the clingy curtain and wondered why all the other cruiselines have installed glass doors and Princess only offers that in suites.  On  Celebrity all Edge class bathrooms, in all cabin categories, have increased the size by 25% and have large walk in showers with rainhead and glass doors.  I love them…..so luxurious!

Don’t misunderstand me at all. I would prefer doors. I’ve been on Celebrity. NCL’s new ships have beautiful showers. Princess showers below mini suites are tiny. I just happen to like the Princess experience mostly. 

Here are are a couple pictures of Princess shower curtains for anyone who’s not familiar. 

0DB52DAA-0A16-4889-9B96-E6731EB8FC39.jpeg

FD393C68-1898-4E62-B0DB-024890683083.jpeg

30 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We always ask our Room Steward for a new shower curtain.  They have always accommodated this request and we tip them extra for taking care of this...

My post was in reply to Steelers36 question about whether an old type of curtain could be replaced by a new type of curtain.

Did you get the new type of curtain to replace an old type of curtain? Or did you replace an old type of curtain with the same old type of curtain?

Oh My, forgot about the shower curtain. With pandemic, I don't want a shower curtain that hasn't been replaced. These should be taken down and at least sprayed with something to kill any remaining germs.I told my husband I am bringing a large spray can of Lysol with us and will be spraying the whole room.

Same thing with the comforters. have been told that they are changed between customers. I have been on B2B and seen all the dirty linens in the hallway. I haven't seen the comforters. A few years ago they stopped wrapping the comforters in a duvet and instead use a top and bottom sheet and wrapped them. At night those sheets always come apart and I wake up hugging the exposed blanket. Room stewards always say the blankets are changed between cruises but I doubt it.And I know when we stay on the ship doing a B2B, we keep the same one.

Does anyone know for sure about the Comforters? Changed or not?

56 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Oh My, forgot about the shower curtain. With pandemic, I don't want a shower curtain that hasn't been replaced. These should be taken down and at least sprayed with something to kill any remaining germs.I told my husband I am bringing a large spray can of Lysol with us and will be spraying the whole room.

Same thing with the comforters. have been told that they are changed between customers. I have been on B2B and seen all the dirty linens in the hallway. I haven't seen the comforters. A few years ago they stopped wrapping the comforters in a duvet and instead use a top and bottom sheet and wrapped them. At night those sheets always come apart and I wake up hugging the exposed blanket. Room stewards always say the blankets are changed between cruises but I doubt it.And I know when we stay on the ship doing a B2B, we keep the same one.

I think you are correct….doubt they are regularly changed.  Well, I can bring my own shower curtain, but my own comforter would be a challenge.  Does anyone ask for all new bedding?  Not likely.  I wouldn’t do it.  

17 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My post was in reply to Steelers36 question about whether an old type of curtain could be replaced by a new type of curtain.

Did you get the new type of curtain to replace an old type of curtain? Or did you replace an old type of curtain with the same old type of curtain?

Steward just swaps with the cabin next door 🙂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, san diego sue said:

If you are so worried about comforters, buy one of these silk sleeping bag lines from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Yens-Naturally-Hypoallergenic-Mulberry-Backpacking/dp/B08CJKQCFN/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=camping+silk+sleep+sack&qid=1629391476&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFIUktZUkRJRkdKNVUmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4OTI3NjcyVkFaNkhBWFJWVDYzJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMDk5MTkxWDAxNzg3WVBFREQzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==.  

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We have yet to see the new style shower curtain.  Our last cruise was in November of 2019, our next is this coming November...