Check-In not available at 90 days

MrCruzdoggie

• MrCruzdoggie changed the title to Check-In not available at 90 days

Seems like there may be delays for check in for ships that have not yet started sailing.  I have seen others mention this as well (i.e there are other people sailing in November on ships that aren't yet sailing that can't check in yet).  For my August 27 cruise on the Equinox, check in would have been before Equinox had originally started sailing and we did not get to check in at 90 days either.  Ours ended up opening on July 6.

We are sailing on the October 10 TA on Apex, which was already sailing.  We were not able to check in right on 90 days, but within a few days of it.  However, it was 2 weeks after I completed the first step of check-in before the step allowing g us to select our boarding time opened.  I was checking it a couple of times a day.

17 hours ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

Reflection Nov.13-20

We're on the Reflection the cruise before you.  Same thing. No check-in yet.  I check every day.

DS and DDIL were able to check into their October Equinox cruise.  

My March Edge cruise also has the check-in button on the app (of course nowhere near 90 days)

Only difference I see is that the Edge and Equinox are currently sailing.

I’m on the October 10 TA AND the one before it. Can only go so far on checking in then nothing. Someone said it was because the edocs aren’t there yet.  A little frustrating since some of you have a check-in time. Guess it’s up to my TA to get the docs. 

17 hours ago, LJJQ said:

We sail on Summit on September 25th out of Miami and still waiting! Seems on there is no reasoning how Celebrity is releasing eDocs and opening checkin!

We plan to board the Millennium on September 17th, and have yet to receive the e-docs.  I called a shoreside concierge two days ago to ask when to expect them.  I was told that since "there are so many changes" (direct quote) that the documents desk is now issuing them 14 days before sailing.  But our e-docs were sent the next day.

Our cruise is 20 Nov and the X App stated our check in was 22 Aug. So I just checked in after midnight Eastern Time 22 Aug and it was availabe.

But when I selected the Arrival Time, it only had 3pm as available. I selected it, then called X, but they told me they couldn’t do anything about an earlier time. I’ll check again during the week. Sat night is maybe Not the best time. 

So will double check times but that will go OK. Plan to stay in a hotel about an hr outside FLL (FLL jacks up the hotel prices on Friday!) and will plan on arriving at 2:45pm.

For complete checkin, you’ll need your passport info. You either show it on the camera selection on their App or type in the data, then type in your personal data. And select, or be told your check in time.

The Health data you fill out the day prior to the cruise.

You get a Xpress Pass which can be added to your Apple Wallet (for us iPhone users).

den

Edited by Denny01

There were so many changes with our check in for our Silhouette 06/August 21 sailing.

Photos taken by us & uploaded.

Same with passports.

No signing of account documents.

Downloading the app to finish.

Then, 

2 Express passes for me, nothing for my husband.

Couldn’t print out luggage tags 14 days before we sailed.

I contacted Celebrity via their FB page for the last 2 and Jack and Sam sorted those out for me.

It appears that Celebrity have gone totally digital during lockdown.😱

On 8/22/2021 at 2:27 AM, upwarduk said:

There were so many changes with our check in for our Silhouette 06/August 21 sailing. ...

I contacted Celebrity via their FB page for the last 2 and Jack and Sam sorted those out for me.

It appears that Celebrity have gone totally digital during lockdown.😱

(Rhetorical) And how is it supposed to work when digital glitches or goes down? As it often does. (IT careerist here.) And then splitting the digital process across two entirely different platforms? Just asking for more trouble, for us if not for them. I'm trying to figure out the best way to complain about this requirement to use the app because it does get very irritating, first being a "Must-Do" even though I always avoid putting apps on my phone that require processing or storing too much personal information. (Yet another security concern in a world gone thoroughly hackable.)

Then I needed to figure out if the reason I can't complete my check-in on line via my computer (can't get past the contractual page) is because I have to go to my phone app to do how-much-other-stuff before the "Continue" (or "Finish"?) button will be enabled on the webpage? Or wherever. This last is a question, please (sorry for the distracting preamble), same as MarkWiltonM had a few posts above. TIA .....

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, MarkWiltonM said:

I started checking in for my 11/18/2021 cruise on Equinox but when I got to the screen to sign consent forms there was no place to sign and "continue" was grayed out. Anyone else?

Yep, me too. I wonder if it's because we have to complete some necessaries on the phone app first. I just asked the question, although maybe I'll find out for myself soon, as you also might already have.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, MarkWiltonM said:

I started checking in for my 11/18/2021 cruise on Equinox but when I got to the screen to sign consent forms there was no place to sign and "continue" was grayed out. Anyone else?

Apologies to all for too many consecutive posts, but Mark, I just saw in the phone app (after being forced to upgrade it) that the last step in the first part of check-in is "Legal" where you check that you've read and agree to the contractual stuff -- and the "finish" button (I forgot what it's actually called) is enabled just below. So it seems we're required to go to the phone app to complete check-in.  In case you haven't found that yet. I still don't know for sure if the app is an absolute requirement, but for now that's how it looks to me.

Edited by Moonarino

37 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Apologies to all for too many consecutive posts, but Mark, I just saw in the phone app (after being forced to upgrade it) that the last step in the first part of check-in is "Legal" where you check that you've read and agree to the contractual stuff -- and the "finish" button (I forgot what it's actually called) is enabled just below. So it seems we're required to go to the phone app to complete check-in.  In case you haven't found that yet. I still don't know for sure if the app is an absolute requirement, but for now that's how it looks to me.

I was recently in a never-ending loop on the app just trying to open it.   I was presented with some legal stuff and once I hit agree, the same thing came up again and again.   I finally hit disagree and I was allowed into the app.  Go figure.  Apps and websites have never been their strong suit. 

• Like 2

I have a flip phone, can I still do check in online on my laptop? Also what is the health screen check in the day before the cruise? Does this mean that I have to log back into my cruise doc's. to answer more questions? I'm old school  and do not use APPS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lineman said:

I have a flip phone, can I still do check in online on my laptop? Also what is the health screen check in the day before the cruise? Does this mean that I have to log back into my cruise doc's. to answer more questions? I'm old school  and do not use APPS.

Same here (old school). I hate clogging up my phone with huge apps like Celebrity's (it is huge), not to mention more security risks.

I assume you would be able to complete all the necessaries at the terminal. I would hope their process allows for that, because I'm very sure you're not the only one who can't or seriously does not want to use the app.

3 hours ago, D C said:

I was recently in a never-ending loop on the app just trying to open it.   I was presented with some legal stuff and once I hit agree, the same thing came up again and again.   I finally hit disagree and I was allowed into the app.  Go figure.  Apps and websites have never been their strong suit. 

Same for me. I hit agree to the legal stuff multiple times and the same form kept popping up. When I hit disagree it finished logged me in  and I was able to complete my check-in. Thanks to all for their help and suggestions.

Edited by MarkWiltonM
clarity

I started checking in on my lap top but got stuck when defaulted to my passport information and would not let me select Drivers License and Birth Certificate for travel documents.  The problem is the State Dept changed passport processing times a few days after we applied for renewal so we still don't have them.  The App let me select BC & DL so I was able to check in for the cruise and get a boarding time.

My advice (FWIW), start check-in on a computer and finish in the app. After working in the app you can also go back to check-in on a computer. I've been back and forth 2-3 times trying to get everything right. ... and still trying .....

Edit to add: Also wait a little while before bouncing between the two. It probably takes a few minutes at least for info to replicate from one to the other.

Edited by Moonarino

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 3:01 PM, AlbertaCruisers said:

Seems like there may be delays for check in for ships that have not yet started sailing.  I have seen others mention this as well (i.e there are other people sailing in November on ships that aren't yet sailing that can't check in yet).  For my August 27 cruise on the Equinox, check in would have been before Equinox had originally started sailing and we did not get to check in at 90 days either.  Ours ended up opening on July 6.

Your right.  We just booked a sailing for Nov 6th & cannot check in.   And we are at the 60 day mark.