SEPTEMBER VAX REQUIREMENT FOR ALL CRUISES

Royal has changed the info on their website to reflect sailings from Florida in September will be all vaxed for those 12 and over. Proof of vax and negative Covid 19 test required at embarcation.

Edited by gadaboutgal
exception
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Royal has changed the info on their website to reflect sailings from Florida in September will be all vaxed for those 12 and over. Proof of vax and negative Covid 19 test required at embarcation.

I can understand proof of vax, but what about the negative covid test?  How soon before embarkation?  What kind of test?  Is the ship giving the test when you get to the cruise port, for free?

1 minute ago, Wineaux007 said:

I can understand proof of vax, but what about the negative covid test?  How soon before embarkation?  What kind of test?  Is the ship giving the test when you get to the cruise port, for free?

The testing isn't new. They're quite clear on the rules. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Probably because they would be unable to stop at Coco cay otherwise.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Negative Covid test at least 3 days prior to embarkation. If your cruise leaves on a Saturday, the earliest you can get the test is on a Wednesday. 

• Like 2

So, the Royal Caribbean testing FAQ was a bit confusing at the top, so the top half instructions are for the Bahamas, Non-Florida US, and Florida beginning in September, and the bottom half are ADDITIONAL steps required for Florida cruises in August in addition to the steps in the top half?

25 minutes ago, De Colores said:

So am I to understand that every Royal cruise requires a negative test and full vaccination? Thanks..

I am excited that it will be only vaccinated passengers. 

Every passenger 2 years old and older has to have a test prior to boarding.

Every passenger 12 years old or older departing from a US port has to be vaccinated or have an approved medical exemption arranged in advance with Royal Caribbean. There are a small number of sailings from Florida before September that still permit unvaccinated passengers age 12 or older; and 4 in October. And potentially more in November and later if the new protocols from The Bahamas are allowed to end as announced. All US departures from ports other than Florida have been and continue to be requiring proof of vaccination for those age 12 and older.

11 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

So they I am guessing they will drop the mask requirements, open venues to all, and not limit activities? 

Nope. The cruises out of Florida now have the same requirements as those out of Seattle and other ports, but all ships had the same on-ship protocols. Royal does not want to limit the number of kids on the ship so they went the test cruise route which requires masks on board. 

It might change when the vaccine is approved for younger kids, but that won't happen until after the current CSO expires. Who knows if it'll be extended or if Royal will change protocols if it expires. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, De Colores said:

I guess I was asking that if you were vaccinated do you need a negative test as well. I sail in October so anything could change. Thanks

So far yes, all vaccinated need a negative covid test. As the other thread shows, not a self administered home test. 

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

IMO the cruise lines are happy to see this....gives the reason now for primarily fully vaccinated sailings.  

The cruise lines probably lobbied the Bahama government to do this!   It is in their interest to have fully vaccinated ship.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, De Colores said:

So am I to understand that every Royal cruise requires a negative test and full vaccination? Thanks..

6 minutes ago, lostchild said:

The cruise lines probably lobbied the Bahama government to do this!   It is in their interest to have fully vaccinated ship.

But, they aren't fully vaccinated.  Adults, yes. Kids (12-18), yes.  Kids (0-11), no.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

But, they aren't fully vaccinated.  Adults, yes. Kids (12-18), yes.  Kids (0-11), no.

Once there's approval for vaccination of kids age 5-11, that number will almost certainly always end up below that current 95% threshold the CDC uses, and likely even better than that. That approval was expected to come soon after the school year begins, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, De Colores said:

All people over the age of 12 must be vaccinated. I’m also excited for this.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3