John Heald will be sailing on my sept 11 Vista

firefly333

.. or so I read. Prices crashing everywhere but my vista roll call is still bursting with friends of friends. Paid as much as pre covid prices but wasnt worth trying to change to a cheaper date. Very huge active roll call might be how john said he will sail with us, but could be luck of the draw. I've sailed with him before on magic when it was new out of Galveston. 

Some have worried if we will cruise. If john is making plans to join us, this cruise should be a go. Lots of us have had a lot of cancellations to arrive here. Originally I was booked rcl april 2020 and paid for lighthouse parking. Moved parking to January 2021, cancelled. Moved parking to sept 2021 to carnival vista .. skipping over april 2021 just to be really safe. Lol. Turned out cut it closer than I thought but so far it's a go. .. and John joining us.

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 5

I think I count 3 carnival cancellations and 3 with rcl. Just happens vista up next. I've quit booking, especially since the covid pretest. I've got enough booked dont want more covid tests.

Idk how many now on my roll call but perhaps over 600 signed up. Some cancelled but didnt drop the roll cal, just because it's so active. Some people are like me, is this for real? For sure are we sailing after so many cancellations. Let's get restarted. I want a couple under my belt before I start counting my unhatched chickens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think I count 3 carnival cancellations and 3 with rcl. Just happens vista up next. I've quit booking, especially since the covid pretest. I've got enough booked dont want more covid tests.

Idk how many now on my roll call but perhaps over 600 signed up. Some cancelled but didnt drop the roll cal, just because it's so active. Some people are like me, is this for real? For sure are we sailing after so many cancellations. Let's get restarted. I want a couple under my belt before I start counting my unhatched chickens. 

That's great. My roll call is dreadfully silent.

I'm on the first sailing of the Dream (Galveston) on 9/19. The roll call for that sailing here on CC is dead. I'm not sure why. The social media group for that sail date is much more active, and we were hoping that he'd be on our cruise since it's the first for that ship. Turned out that his Galveston cruise will be on the Vista, bummer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ScottsSweetie said:

That's great. My roll call is dreadfully silent.

Mine is doing family fued games with prizes, maybe another tonight. Name something you might see out of your cabin window other than ocean. This roll call been crazy high numbers forever. No idea why. Sept 25 was $300 cheaper, then I saw it was a gambling contest thing I try and avoid. Price is down now but cant price match because I'd lose cheers but all my rates tumbling. Sure isnt a bargain price. Plus besides moving parking 3 times I booked hotel nonrefundable lol .. last dec. I sure was overly optimistic thinking this was so far away, of course it would be a go. Got a special suite. Someone on breeze oct 25 got the same hotel suite. Cant be booked now as the suites all got grabbed up. I said no matter what I'll go stay in Galveston,  go for it. You need a vacation, plan on it.

Now it was crazy. Cruising took way longer than I thought to restart. It wouldnt have made sense to move to a cheaper date, but still look. Its how I am, but stuck with what I booked. 

Well john will liven things up. Give us a laugh or two. John said last week he might do vista in sept, and everyone said us us us. Do our cruise john ..and so he is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

.. or so I read. Prices crashing everywhere but my vista roll call is still bursting with friends of friends. Paid as much as pre covid prices but wasnt worth trying to change to a cheaper date. Very huge active roll call might be how john said he will sail with us, but could be luck of the draw. I've sailed with him before on magic when it was new out of Galveston. 

Some have worried if we will cruise. If john is making plans to join us, this cruise should be a go. Lots of us have had a lot of cancellations to arrive here. Originally I was booked rcl april 2020 and paid for lighthouse parking. Moved parking to January 2021, cancelled. Moved parking to sept 2021 to carnival vista .. skipping over april 2021 just to be really safe. Lol. Turned out cut it closer than I thought but so far it's a go. .. and John joining us.

Fingers crossed. 

On this cruise as well!  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, imkatz said:

On this cruise as well!  

True price is down from what I paid but now I got cheers. Clever of carnival to give out some cruisefare with cheers .. now I cant price match without losing cheers. Same with my breeze with cheers.

That cheers got more expensive. I told my TA clever move on carnivals part. 

You guys stole him from our Dream September 19 cruise, oh well.  For those saying you would cancel if he was on your ship, Check around and see if there is anywhere near you where you could rent a sense of humor for a bit.  Once you try it, you might want to keep it.