Carnival Conquest sailings gone?

Cruisesfun65

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Nov 5, 12 have not been cancelled yet. That's all I checked.

My Cruise is the 22nd. Online it states the cruise is not canceled. But when you try to make a new booking for the Conquest for November, none come up.

That's why I suspect there's something going on with the ship.

13 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Nov 5, 12 have not been cancelled yet. That's all I checked.

My Cruise is the 22nd. Online it states the cruise is not canceled. But when you try to make a new booking for the Conquest for November, none come up.

Update: I just spoke to Carnival. Same party.line: the ship reached full capacity.

Yesterday there were over 60 balconies open. And today all Conquest sailings for October and November are sold out.

I predict that more cancellations are coming up. If you're booked on the Conquest, be prepared. 

• Thanks 1

Reminds me of the unpleasant task of cancelling concerts because of low ticket sales, bad deal for all involved.

Also, could be lack of crew. Carnival already said they hoped to have the fleet up and running by the end of the year. Supply chain constrictions, lot of possible hiccups.

Edited by mondello
Add

Just now, TravelBluebird said:

There are also no possible “bookings” showing for the Carnival Sensation out of Mobile for November either (I’m booked on November 8).

Is it possible that Carnival has decided to capacity limit their ships with all of the COVID issues/news lately?

That would be my guess

50 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Carnival may well cancel them - not enough bacon, doncha know, but I still see the sailings on travel agency site. Since that sailing only goes to the Bahamas, Carnival may be trying to figure out the logistics given the Bahamas requiring 100% adult vaccination, how that plays with the Florida BS in courts, etc.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

There are also no possible “bookings” showing for the Carnival Sensation out of Mobile for November either (I’m booked on November 8).

Is it possible that Carnival has decided to capacity limit their ships with all of the COVID issues/news lately?

Carnival has capped all of the sailings at 70% 

I heard a rumor somewhere else (forgot where because I didn’t pay attention) that Carnival was going to lower capacity for Sept/Oct sailings to 50% (kinda hard to believe IMO). Maybe with kids bring back in school, cancellations due to new protocols, increase in cases onboard, Bahamas protocols, Delta variant surge, etc it makes sense maybe on some ships, not all. There is another thread started about Radiance being sold out through December as well when the OP mentioned yesterday that there were cabins available. Since Radiance is sailing out of a large port I don’t think the size of the port market has much to do with it. 

Edited by bdever

November and December bookings for the Sunshine disappeared a couple of weeks ago.  Some people said they called Carnival and were told that those bookings were sold out.  I'm scheduled for a November cruise on the Sunshine so obviously I'm hoping that's true and it's not actually cancelled.  John Heald said today that he should have an announcement on ships sailing in November and December next week.  We should all have news soon, good or bad (hopefully good!).

• Like 2

Everytime that I can remember during this pandemic, when sailings disappeared, people speculated and/or were initially told by Carnival that it was due to capacity.  And each time, it was later announced that those sailings were cancelled. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Carnival has capped all of the sailings at 70% 

Lol a pvp told someone on my vista cruise capped at 75%.

I guess your sources are better than a pvp. I guess I'll know what capacity is in less than 3 weeks.