Viking Cabin Layout Penthouse Veranda

schaitberger

We are in Penthouse Veranda Cabin 5091 on an upcoming Viking Venus Cruise. As all Viking Ocean ships are laid out the same, does anyone know if this cabin has sliding glass doors or the configuration where there is a fixed glass window with a separate door to the Veranda. Many Thanks!

12 minutes ago, schaitberger said:

We are in Penthouse Veranda Cabin 5091 on an upcoming Viking Venus Cruise. As all Viking Ocean ships are laid out the same, does anyone know if this cabin has sliding glass doors or the configuration where there is a fixed glass window with a separate door to the Veranda. Many Thanks!

5091 has the separate door.

1 minute ago, schaitberger said:

Did you find that bothersome or was it okay in your opinion. Thank you

I haven't been in that cabin, but I have a list of which PV cabins have the slider and which have the door.  I've looked at comments by others and found some that preferred the slider and some that liked the door.  Some liked the big window in front of the sofa, but the door is a bit on the narrow side.  My next cruise has the window plus door arrangement.PV-Door.jpeg.d56180f258c5643d99b8a54e8600a086.jpeg

13 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Hi JeriGail,

On the cruise "we" are taking together, I am in PV2- 5014.

Could you please tell me the layout?  Thanks!

As Philw1776 already said -a slider.  I have the window and door combo, so we'll have to compare experiences.

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Hi JeriGail,

On the cruise "we" are taking together, I am in PV2- 5014.

Could you please tell me the layout?  Thanks!

MikeyB -  here is the list of PV's with sliders.

I use this all the time for reference.  Got it from a CruiseCritic poster a couple years ago.  Shared it with my TA and she said this is great (as she gets the question all the time).  She also said there are some who only want to sail with their head going forward and not their feet.  Strange!  Don't have a plot of which rooms go which way with the beds though.

We are in 5089 on our next cruise (in November).  Were in 4025 for our Bermuda cruise.

Viking Ocean - PV Rooms with Sliders.pdf

• Thanks 2

Just now, MikeyB said:

Thanks Kent.  You and JeriGail are just "beautiful people".

Phil.....maybe.

🙂

well - I hope you'll get the chance to "see"  (as in SEA)  🙂

You will enjoy the SEA in September - it has the full 8th floor Explorer's Lounge that we have enjoyed so much - especially on sea days.  (I think I'm "seeing" double! )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

MikeyB -  here is the list of PV's with sliders.

I use this all the time for reference.  Got it from a CruiseCritic poster a couple years ago.  Shared it with my TA and she said this is great (as she gets the question all the time).  She also said there are some who only want to sail with their head going forward and not their feet.  Strange!  Don't have a plot of which rooms go which way with the beds though.

We are in 5089 on our next cruise (in November).  Were in 4025 for our Bermuda cruise.

Viking Ocean - PV Rooms with Sliders.pdf 207.95 kB · 7 downloads

I highly recommend that room……we had it on our South America trip, and we have it on our upcoming Athens to Buenos Aires back to back this fall (fingers crossed) on the Jupiter.

3 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

I highly recommend that room……we had it on our South America trip, and we have it on our upcoming Athens to Buenos Aires back to back this fall (fingers crossed) on the Jupiter.

Wow Michelle - do you mean 5089?   We have that our our November Rome-Barcelona-San Juan cruise.   I so hope your Jupiter cruise goes, since we are on the return trip from Buenos Aires in March 2022 !  Hope all is well.

Kent

14 minutes ago, seaquay said:

We are in cabin 7000 next year (fingers crossed) does anyone know if this is a sliding door?

7000 is a Penthouse Junior Suite.

Sliding doors confirmed.

We've been in 7002 and have 7000 booked for South America next year. We love the space despite the extra cost.

You'll love it as well.

See the source image

19 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Wow Michelle - do you mean 5089?   We have that our our November Rome-Barcelona-San Juan cruise.   I so hope your Jupiter cruise goes, since we are on the return trip from Buenos Aires in March 2022 !  Hope all is well.

Kent

Yep, 5089.

When we had another cruise cancel on us, i tacked on the reverse of our South American trip we did with you in Dec. 2019.  Unfortunately, we will need to move to 5085 for that leg.  I did contact our Viking guy to let him know that if 5089 becomes available, we’d like to snag it.

I also tried to get it for our WC next year, not available and closest I could get was 5084.

We are considering booking a Penthouse Veranda.  This thread and the sliding door list has been very helpful.  Does anyone have feedback or concerns about noise, obstructed views or excess motion while staying in any of the PVs?  

Thank you for your help.

4 minutes ago, whitbob said:

We are considering booking a Penthouse Veranda.  This thread and the sliding door list has been very helpful.  Does anyone have feedback or concerns about noise, obstructed views or excess motion while staying in any of the PVs?  

Thank you for your help.

I have not stayed in one before, but have booked one for an upcoming cruise.  To minimize noise, I booked a 5th deck cabin - between two other cabin decks.  To minimize motion, I tried to get as close to the center of the ship as possible.  I just checked some of my Viking ship photos and can't see much in the way of obstructions for decks 4-6, where the PV's are located.  The one possible obstruction might be the bridge wing for the most forward PV on deck 6.  Check out photos and you can see for yourself.

• Like 1

We were quite happy with PV room #4019 on Sky. Well, the shower was possessed (jumped from blazing hot to freezing cold whenever it felt like it). But other than that, it was great — quiet (no ship noise, occasional neighbors) and plenty spacious. Loads of storage. We had the slider doors, which were fine, but I’m looking forward to trying out the separate window/door arrangement on our next cruise so we can sit on the couch and see out the window. BTW, it can be hard to tell from pictures, but the couch is full size, not a loveseat. Loved it.

AD3A63AC-13BA-4490-9DBB-B0D2C5BDF49D.jpeg

Edited by Twitchly

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

I have not stayed in one before, but have booked one for an upcoming cruise.  To minimize noise, I booked a 5th deck cabin - between two other cabin decks.  To minimize motion, I tried to get as close to the center of the ship as possible.  I just checked some of my Viking ship photos and can't see much in the way of obstructions for decks 4-6, where the PV's are located.  The one possible obstruction might be the bridge wing for the most forward PV on deck 6.  Check out photos and you can see for yourself.

Jeri - for not having been on Viking before, you have analyzed this quite well!

We do try to get either deck 5 (for PV1 or PV2) or deck 4 (PV3).  With 5, IMHO the best slider rooms are 5083 and 5082 (closest to the middle).  Although 5089 (our upcoming cruise) and 5088 are the next best PV1's with sliders.  Best PV2, IMHO is 5035 and 5034.   Best PV3 is 4025 (we had this in Bermuda) and 4024 as they are furthest PV3 from the front.   We also stayed in 4010 (PV3 furthest forward) and it did not have any bridge wing obstruction.   Our agent said that actually the PV1's furtherst to the stern sell out last (not as popular) and that the PV's closest to the middle sell up first.

• Like 1

We're in 5086 (separate door and window).  I tried to get 5082 for the slider and closeness to the middle, but it was booked.  I like the idea of the window for views from the couch, but I'm sure I'd be happy no matter which window or where I am as long as I'm cruising!

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

We're in 5086 (separate door and window).  I tried to get 5082 for the slider and closeness to the middle, but it was booked.  I like the idea of the window for views from the couch, but I'm sure I'd be happy no matter which window or where I am as long as I'm cruising!

We’ve experienced both now and definitely prefer the door/window combo. I love sitting on the sofa and looking out. I felt boxed in on the sofa for our Iceland cruise (with the slider). Slider is still ok but I do know that the PV category is our preferred cabin. That’s good since those often remain on last minute sailings which we tend to do. 

• Like 2

Thanks to all for your quick responses.  We did end up booking the cruise, and chose 5088.  Apparently I needed to have a room with a slider, even though before reading this thread, I would not have known the difference.  🙂

Now I will have to read that long thread for 'newbies to Viking' to figure out everything else I don't yet.  Thanks again for sharing your experiences.