Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

20 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

If you try any of the gelato flavors please tell us what you think. We had them on the Panorama and liked them but things can change so we're curious. Thanks, Greg

Yeah one of the reasons I didn’t is I already had those on panorama

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The bread thing was a little weird. It looks like a can of biscuits before you cook them. But it feels like a marshmallow. I just ate the brisket out of that. 

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

LOL, "Bao" is very popular in DC but I also am not a fan.  It's filling, sweet, and tastes like it's sweetened with artificial sweetener.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I guess Dim Sum is not popular in cities without proper Chinatowns or large Chinese communities? 

Also that particular type of bao is what should be served with Peking Duck. The roasted duck,with the crispy skin, scallions,and a bit of Hoisin sauce.

As I said, bao (and all dim sum) is popular in DC (DC does have a Chinatown and certainly has a large Chinese population).  My next door neighbors are Han and owners of a Salesforce consulting firm.  DC has a lot of Dim Sum places, some more traditional than others, some that include the sandwich-style "bready" bao, some that are more dumpling-centric.  I much prefer the latter.  Peking Duck is also served with bao at some of the Hong Kong and fusion Chinese restaurants, but all the traditional Chinese restaurants use the Mandarin crepes, similar to what I experienced in Shanghai and Beijing: Peking Duck (The National Dish of China) 北京烤鸭 - International Cuisine

DC Chinatown (not what it used to be, but still a fun place):

Guide to Drinking In Washington D.C.'s Chinatown with the folks behind  Flight Wine Bar

ChinaTown Express | Washington, D.C. | United States | District of Columbia  | AFAR

image.png.d87e1651c36b3b15ec65b42e096461eb.png

• Like 6

6 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

They should put those in all Carnival ships so that people don't have to go to a bar for a soda.

Yes they should and you can pay a la carte and be billed on your account if you don't have Cheers or BB. It's a good system but they do need more stations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Yes they should and you can pay a la carte and be billed on your account if you don't have Cheers or BB. It's a good system but they do need more stations.

I am sure people who get alcoholic drinks at the bars will appreciate it too since it will cut down on people needing drinks at the bars.  

When I cruised on Royal, they had drink stations mid ship on a lower deck, in the buffet area, and also on the sports deck.  They gave cups with chips in them.  I like Carnival's drink station and think it would be a good idea to have multiple stations on all of their ships.

• Like 3

Okay. I’m trying the YTD at chibang! It’s the closest to my room and I do t hate to go in the big dining rooms. Apparently the deal is all they have from the dining room is the lobster. Whatever I’ll try one of their apps and desserts.

This is their menu with the lobster added.

18557B4C-22ED-4300-A9CA-D091B82B131D.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Pretty good.

Aaaarrrrrggggghhhh. That's awesome and all . . .for you Greg, and maybe you, Megan, when you step aboard MG.

In 7 days I never got a single dessert in the Marketplace (a first for a Carnival cruise for us).  Daggone massive ship with all the daggone awesome foods!  This post traumatic FOMO is a bizarre feeling but just more reason to one day return to Excel class. . . . We did all we could and still missed so much!

I swear we were running nonstop all week and it was just impossible to do everything. I also missed a bunch of Punchliner shows and other entertainment. And now there's more, that M-thing they debuted last week, and they are working on some kind of circus act in GC. What a great ship. What a great cruise! 

@WhaleTailFlCruiser I know! Do a B2B! I hear ya! Must be nice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Michelle236 said:

I sooo want to try that.  Sounds similar to a Watermelon Basil Martini a restaurant here in Erie makes.  And it id sooo good.  Cant wait till December 🙂

Sorry to sidetrack from this great review, but I’ll be in Erie for work in 2 weeks. Looking for decent seafood. Any suggestions? TIA

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am sure people who get alcoholic drinks at the bars will appreciate it too since it will cut down on people needing drinks at the bars.  

When I cruised on Royal, they had drink stations mid ship on a lower deck, in the buffet area, and also on the sports deck.  They gave cups with chips in them.  I like Carnival's drink station and think it would be a good idea to have multiple stations on all of their ships.

Yes my husband got the non-alcoholic drink package on Oasis OTS and I thought that chip cup was a silly system and he had to carry the thing around all the time with him. This is a S/S card reader and you use the glasses provided at the station just like a bar drink. I think you get 8 seconds dispensing time per BB scan which you can do every 5 minutes. I believe it said the a la carte price was .21 per ounce. 

Now on the other hand, the RCI package also included barista coffee drinks at the Promenade Cafe and smoothies at the spa joint and bottled water, and BB does not include equivalents. So as always, pros and cons between the two lines and options.

• Like 2