Heads up...2 cabins for the price of 1!!!

24 minutes ago, read2learn said:

How can you tell which ones have no single supplement?  I love this idea but have never searched for a single. Thanks!

Most if not all of the Oasis class ships have it thru the end of 2021  You just have to check.  For example 10/31/21 Allure inside solo $691  CP balcony $866 OV balcony $1047 for 7 days

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

I booked a solo room (central park interior) on Oasis for later this year. After reading this thread, I'm confused as to how many points I'm going to get. I was under the impression that I would be receiving 4 points per night, but I have no idea what code I booked under. It was just whatever price that Royal Caribbean was showing on the website. So should I still get the 4 points or not since the supplement apparently doesn't exist?

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

I booked a solo room (central park interior) on Oasis for later this year. After reading this thread, I'm confused as to how many points I'm going to get. I was under the impression that I would be receiving 4 points per night, but I have no idea what code I booked under. It was just whatever price that Royal Caribbean was showing on the website. So should I still get the 4 points or not since the supplement apparently doesn't exist?

You still get 4 pts a night :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope, big price drop as well.

We had one CP balcony and changed it to two CP balconies and saved $300 over the original price

But, I'm assuming, the price dropped for the one CP balcony that you already booked and you would have saved X dollars if staying in the one CP balcony by re-pricing it.  Someone may think you got two solo balconies for $300 less than one double balcony at that particular day's pricing.  Even so, at the same price, two is better than one.

On that note, this thread got us looking at each of our future cruises.  Of our two Independence cruises in November, one cruise had two balconies at the same price as the one we previously booked and the other was just $50 more for two balconies.

With our three Mariner balconies booked in December, two of them were lower, by a small amount, when getting two as solo and one was slightly higher.   So we have rebooked.  Thank you Bajathree for this heads-up.

Our two Allure bookings in October and all of our 2022 bookings would be substantially higher if re-booked as two solos

Edited by Tagsalong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagsalong said:

But, I'm assuming, the price dropped for the one CP balcony that you already booked and you would have saved X dollars if staying in the one CP balcony by re-pricing it.  Someone may think you got two solo balconies for $300 less than one double balcony at that particular day's pricing.  Even so, at the same price, two is better than one.

As I recall, the dbl cabin was the same price as the updated two solos.

Better location 

More storage

Balcony combo is same because our original cabin had a dbl balcony 

Seperate bathrooms

Seperate beds

3 extra C&A gifts

2 add'l bottles of wine allowed (now this one is tricky since we are already on the ship)

More bottled water on boarding day

Forgot to add that I had made final payment, but it was the day before the official date, so it could get repriced😁

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

On that note, this thread got us looking at each of our future cruises.  Of our two Independence cruises in November, one cruise had two balconies at the same price as the one we previously booked and the other was just $50 more for two balconies.

With our three Mariner balconies booked in December, two of them were lower, by a small amount, when getting two as solo and one was slightly higher.   So we have rebooked.  Thank you Bajathree for this heads-up.

Our two Allure bookings in October and all of our 2022 bookings would be substantially higher if re-booked as two solos

Curious when you rebooked what happened with the deposit, were they able to apply to new booking reservations or did you take FCC for it. As of now my DH & I are booked in a one 2C I’m thinking of switching to two solos CB (connecting rooms). Pricing is about same. Final payment with TA is 8/25 so have to decide by tomorrow. These are B2B cruises, so will have to change for both cruises. We now have same cabins & as solos we can also get same cabins for both legs. Don’t like switching cabins. 

Edited by LorraineP
Typo

DW does all our bookings with Cruising Power.  She says we have until Aug 31 to cancel original and get 100% FCC.  We have 22 cruises booked through May, so it will be easy to apply FCC to another cruise.   Other options are available and laid out on Royals web site.

John, assuming we get quad points, ie 4 per night, you left out quicker to our next free cruise.  Double Pin will come for us in early December instead of January.   Also quicker to 2000 points which will get us access to Suite and Concierge Lounges -  so I've heard!?

Edited by Tagsalong

Thank you for the heads up on this. We had a cruise booked on Allure for early next year. We were booked on an agency exclusive rate so no OBC. Moved from a single interior to connecting interiors, saved $600, picked up $100 OBC since they are matching the cruise line rate, and will now get twice as many points for having a solo in one room. Should be able to use the $100 myVegas Rewards as well.