Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Is there an expiration date?  In other words, can we buy the 6 pack now, use it around Thanksgiving for 2 and then use it again in January for 2?

I will have to wait and see what my expiration date is but that is my plan, two used in two weeks and then two each used for our two January cruises.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, forgotmyCCname said:

We signed up at eMed and purchased the package of 6 tests. You MUST sign up each person who will be using a test when you order as they arrive with a prescription sticker specific to the individual. Each person using the test also must register and download the

Navica app.

We received ours yesterday and they didn't have prescription stickers on them.  We did both sign up as I have prescriptions in my on-line account for both of us.  do I have a problem?

Edited by chaswelf

22 hours ago, bajathree said:

Think you just answered your own question..."manufacture date of 2/7/2021"....."FDA issued an extension to one year from manufacture date" = expiration date of 2/7/2022

That turns out to be not correct.  I contacted eMed and the FDA extension adds 3 months to the expiration date of test kits in specific lots,  and does not grant one year of usability from manufacture date.  For my kits with the expiration of 10/15/21, I can use them until 01/15/22.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chaswelf said:

We received ours yesterday and they didn't have prescription stickers on them.  We did both sign up as I have prescriptions in my on-line account for both of us.  do I have a problem?

My kits do not have a prescription sticker on them.  I had a prescription pdf in my eMed online account for the order, a pretty mediocre prescription but it says "prescription".

9 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

So are we allowed to open the shipping box before we go to use them? I don't see anywhere on it where it says not to open the box. I'd just like to make sure the expiry date is okay and everything looks ready to go.

You can open the shipping box but not the individual test kits.

We r hoping to cruise on princess and then move to a rc ship but testing would be a problem.  Don’t want to run to a cvs in Florida with all our luggage to test and run back to the port.  This would work for us  

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

THAT is the same thing that you can order in a 6 pack BUT here, it's only 2 tests.  They also have 3 packs as well.

I will be using for Oasis in October.  I got them in case I had difficulty getting tested in the correct time frame when returning from Greece. I didn't use them but they'll still be good in October.

2 hours ago, Anton said:

That turns out to be not correct.  I contacted eMed and the FDA extension adds 3 months to the expiration date of test kits in specific lots,  and does not grant one year of usability from manufacture date.  For my kits with the expiration of 10/15/21, I can use them until 01/15/22.

Still very close....my calculated expiration date and date eMed gave is only 3 weeks apart.

Edited by bajathree

32 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

For anyone who has done this test, I’m a clueless senior non versed in tech.  How does one communicate with the Proctor during the test?  Is this a regular call on my cell phone?  How does my cell camera get into play if I’m on the phone?

1. ORDER YOUR KIT ONLINE

After your order is placed, the test will be shipped to your home, or you can pick it up locally if available.

[object Object]

2. TEST FROM HOME AT EMED.COM

After you receive your test, visit eMed.com/app/start-testing to begin your virtual visit. An eMed Certified Guide will join you in a video visit to guide you through the testing process. See technical requirements for more details. 

[object Object]

3. GETS RESULTS IN 15 MINUTES

Test results will be available to you right away in the NAVICA app. When you receive your result, you will also receive a secure digital certificate in the NAVICA app, which allows you to use your smartphone to store, display, and share test results so you can engage in public activities and more confidently return to daily life. It's important to remember the NAVICA digital certificate should not replace existing measures such as mask-wearing, social distancing, and frequent hand-washing.

• Thanks 3

I spoke with eMed about the same thing yesterday, after waiting a while for the response to the email I sent with the same question.  The customer service person on the call told me that it is our discretion to whom each test is administered, and each person will receive their own report as long as they have their own log-in.  About an hour later, I received a response to the emailed question---and they indicated that no, we could not give one of the tests to our child if she was not one of the three on the original order.  The email instructed us to buy another set of 6 tests so we could test our fourth person traveling.  It would be great to hear if they were successful in testing a fourth person with the kits of the 6-pack.  It seems crazy to spend another $150 to test a fourth person when we will have left-over kits from the first set!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, megr1125 said:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

THAT is the same thing that you can order in a 6 pack BUT here, it's only 2 tests.  They also have 3 packs as well.

I will be using for Oasis in October.  I got them in case I had difficulty getting tested in the correct time frame when returning from Greece. I didn't use them but they'll still be good in October.

I just went through the purchase process for the BinaxNow 2 pack from optum.com...all except pressing the final buy button.  They asked for my name and date of birth but never gave me the opportunity to enter anyone else's name in, like the emed site does for a 6 pack.  Anyone know if the optum.com 2 pack can be used for 2 different people?  I looked through their site quickly and couldn't find anything to address this.

1. ORDER YOUR KIT ONLINE Complete the required COVID-19 Testing Questionnaire by clicking “Get Started” to obtain a prescription to order tests.

2. TEST FROM HOME AT EMED.COM After you receive your test, visit eMed.com/app/start-testing to begin your virtual visit. An eMed Certified Guide will join you in a video visit to guide you through the testing process. Collecting a sample is an easy and gentle process, no different than using a cotton swab to clean the inside of your nose. See technical requirements for more details.

3. GETS RESULTS IN 15 MINUTES Test results will be made available to you right away from within the NAVICA app. When you receive your result, you will also receive a secure digital certificate in the NAVICA app. This certificate allows you to use your smartphone to store, display, and share your test results where applicable. It's important to remember the NAVICA digital certificate should not replace existing measures such as mask-wearing, social distancing, and frequent hand-washing.

I'm completely frustrated as when I go to the website, there's no option to add more than just myself.  People are saying they have to register each "user" but I don't even get that option.  Where is the option to add another user (i.e., my husband)?  I've tried every which way I can think of, but to no avail.

1 minute ago, birdlord said:

I'm completely frustrated as when I go to the website, there's no option to add more than just myself.  People are saying they have to register each "user" but I don't even get that option.  Where is the option to add another user (i.e., my husband)?  I've tried every which way I can think of, but to no avail.

On the eMed site?  I was able to add my husband while I worked through the process of purchasing the tests.

10 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

On the eMed site?  I was able to add my husband while I worked through the process of purchasing the tests.

Same here...it just pops up through the order process on eMed to add up to 3 names....very easy.

3 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

What happens if you have 4 names?

how quick does it ship and get delivered?

Doesn't allow you to add more than 3 names.

I ordered Monday night...got e-mail with tracking yesterday for overnight Fed-Ex delivery today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Txdnadoc said:

I spoke with eMed about the same thing yesterday, after waiting a while for the response to the email I sent with the same question.  The customer service person on the call told me that it is our discretion to whom each test is administered, and each person will receive their own report as long as they have their own log-in.  About an hour later, I received a response to the emailed question---and they indicated that no, we could not give one of the tests to our child if she was not one of the three on the original order.  The email instructed us to buy another set of 6 tests so we could test our fourth person traveling.  It would be great to hear if they were successful in testing a fourth person with the kits of the 6-pack.  It seems crazy to spend another $150 to test a fourth person when we will have left-over kits from the first set!

I emailed eMed last night with the same question. Reply this morning saying the 6 pack kit is for a max of 3 persons. If you have 2 adults and 2 or more children you will need multiple kits. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philly1 said:

I emailed eMed last night with the same question. Reply this morning saying the 6 pack kit is for a max of 3 persons. If you have 2 adults and 2 or more children you will need multiple kits. 

Can you just order from optum then make the account with emed and use the kits you received from optum instead? 

14 minutes ago, Philly1 said:

I think they do this so they have 2 kits on-site for each person in case something goes wrong. When you consider that the $25/kit includes the cost of the video person monitoring and the convenience of doing it at home instead of going to some store or clinic, it's really not too bad.  

It would be nice if RCCL just had these kits at the dock.  It takes like a minute extra, 15 minutes wait, and they could validate it on the spot with not inconvenience to anyone.  Of course, on advantage of doing it before driving or flying is if you fail the test  you don't have to go to the dock, but ...

I'm sure they could bury the $25 cost into the cruise fare/port fees/ whatever pretty easily.