MSC from Florida current sailing capacity

pirokp

2 hours ago, jules815 said:

Very true. The thing we're more worried about now are the 2 days in Miami pre-cruise. I know the hospital situation down there isn't good. A friend's 30-something brother just spent 3 days in the hallway at a hospital in Plantation for a non-COVID related illness.

A visit in the near future to The Sunshine State is definitely not on my bucket list.  

28 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

A visit in the near future to The Sunshine State is definitely not on my bucket list.  

I know it might be crazy, but we're determined to go on this cruise. Once we make it on board, I won't be worried at all. We've been cruising from Florida for years, but I think going forward we're going to look at other options, especially Baltimore and NY. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I know it might be crazy, but we're determined to go on this cruise. Once we make it on board, I won't be worried at all. We've been cruising from Florida for years, but I think going forward we're going to look at other options, especially Baltimore and NY. 

I support your decision to sail on this cruise and I wish you well.  Follow the safety precautions while you are in Florida, take no unnecessary risks, and one would expect that you will stay well.

Sailing from Florida, particularly Port Everglades, is my favorite point of departure.  Are there any American/Canadian ports from which I would not want to sail again?  No.  But, my experience sailing from Port Everglades has been consistently good.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I don't think it's crazy. Covid is here to stay for awhile (IMO) and I need a vacation. I just hope my cruise is still in September.

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 2:01 PM, jules815 said:

Be safe. All the best. Bon Voyage.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, jules815 said:

Just be smart during your stay in Florida. Live like those of us in Florida that realize we are under siege.

Wear masks indoors and in crowded outdoor conditions. Practice social distancing. Get take out food and eat somewhere isolated.

Enjoy the local new casts that report on which local hospitals are setting up temporary morgue facilities, how many children are in the hospitals,  how many have died and which local governments or businesses have decided to put in mandatory masks requirements.

Hopefully, no one in your party will become ill.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Just be smart during your stay in Florida. Live like those of us in Florida that realize we are under siege.

Wear masks indoors and in crowded outdoor conditions. Practice social distancing. Get take out food and eat somewhere isolated.

Enjoy the local new casts that report on which local hospitals are setting up temporary morgue facilities, how many children are in the hospitals,  how many have died and which local governments or businesses have decided to put in mandatory masks requirements.

Hopefully, no one in your party will become ill.

You do realize there are some people around the country that may believe these exaggerations don’t you?  The state is not under siege and most people are living their lives openly and freely.  True I admit there are those that are still in self-imposed isolation, but that is far from the overall reality.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

You do realize there are some people around the country that may believe these exaggerations don’t you?  The state is not under siege and most people are living their lives openly and freely.  True I admit there are those that are still in self-imposed isolation, but that is far from the overall reality.  

I am sorry, but these are not exaggerations.  

The infectivity rate in my county last week was 28.4%.

My Tampa Bay TV station did report on the addition of temporary refrigerated morgue space at several local hospitals, the setting up of tents for use as emergency room space, and the number of children in the hospitals (also that elective surgeries are halted).

It is those that don't care enough for others to take precautions that has made Florida the epicenter in the United States for the disease that shall not be named on Cruise Critic. 

I want to make sure that Jules815 makes it onto her cruise without becoming sick.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I’m the original poster of this thread.  I was merely asking how many people have been cruising on a  particular ship lately.  It has turned into a forum not on topic.  Please stay on topic or start another thread of your own to share your views.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, pirokp said:

I’m the original poster of this thread.  I was merely asking how many people have been cruising on a  particular ship lately.  It has turned into a forum not on topic.  Please stay on topic or start another thread of your own to share your views.

Good luck with that!

I, too, had a recently posted question get lured into a dark alley, hit over the head, and its pockets emptied by off-topic replies.

😉

• Haha 1

On the 3-day on Meraviglia right now and there are 742 people on board with 1100 crew.  Ocean Cay was just spectacular today.  I was literally the first passenger off the ship and had a private drive out to the Yacht Club beach.  The beach was fully stocked with loungers, umbrellas, and towels and the waiter service was excellent.  Lunch at the YC Ocean House for me was a salad and a lobster roll.  Very satisfying day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

On the 3-day on Meraviglia right now and there are 742 people on board with 1100 crew.  Ocean Cay was just spectacular today.  I was literally the first passenger off the ship and had a private drive out to the Yacht Club beach.  The beach was fully stocked with loungers, umbrellas, and towels and the waiter service was excellent.  Lunch at the YC Ocean House for me was a salad and a lobster roll.  Very satisfying day.

Was that your post, Dave, on FB earlier today on the YC Beach drinking the Purple Rain?  The beach looked so inviting. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

We will be boarding Friday for the 3-day.  Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Was that your post, Dave, on FB earlier today on the YC Beach drinking the Purple Rain?  The beach looked so inviting. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Yes, that is me.  This whole experience has been exceptional.  Just wish I was doing a B2B.  Going to hate having to leave Monday morning.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 11:51 PM, HappyInVan said:

Wow. That's just 14% occupancy! 🙄

That's crazy! 

Haven't read back thru the thread, but do we know how long they're going to continue to sail at reduced capacity? What exactly is it that happens again on November 1? Is that the date they re-evaluate and maybe start up again at full capacity?

3 hours ago, jules815 said:

What exactly is it that happens again on November 1?

I missed whoever referenced November 1st.  The current vaccinated-only policy is through 10/31 because it aligns with The Bahamas requirement of Vaccinated only cruises.

Our December Seashore cruise calls on St. Thomas and Ocean Cay, both taking Vaccinated only ships.  Curious as to what happens also for cruises after 10/31.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jules815 said:

That's crazy! 

Haven't read back thru the thread, but do we know how long they're going to continue to sail at reduced capacity?

Yes! Incredible isn't it?

The FL cruises have to be very disappointing for MSC. Should you sail, the crew to pax ratio is like that of a ultra luxury ship! What a bargain!

Meanwhile, no bargains for MSC cruises in the UK...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2799276-my-thoughts-on-our-recent-cruise/

5 hours ago, Shippy said:

Do not know if they are holding any cabins back or not for our 9/25 cruise.

But, just looking at what is available to book, there seems to be a lot of vacancies left especially in the yacht club.

Same on our 11/14 cruise. I hope it stays that way but not sure how these cruise lines will be able to survive like that for very long. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shippy said:

Do not know if they are holding any cabins back or not for our 9/25 cruise.

But, just looking at what is available to book, there seems to be a lot of vacancies left especially in the yacht club.

I am also on the same cruise.
Is there a CruiseCritic meet/greet? I filled out something on roll call but did not hear anything.

If they offer dirt cheap upgrade I would consider YC, we have 3 cabins 🙂

1 hour ago, roberttz said:

Is there a CruiseCritic meet/greet? I filled out something on roll call but did not hear anything.

CruiseCritic Meet and Greet on MSC has been put on hold. 
Those on Roll Call may plan their own meeting. But, fancy party by MSC not happening.

4 hours ago, roberttz said:

I would think you could be getting an offer.

With just over 3 weeks to go...

looks like 45 YC cabins still available !

• Like 1