Covid test, Is everyone paying?

9 hours ago, VCR said:

Thanks to this thread, I cancelled the tests at the airport I had to pay for and when to the Nomi site in Apopka.  No line, we drove right up and were done in less than ten minutes with results thirty minutes later.  My daughter's appointment at CVS was for the night before the cruise, so I talked her into going here.  Her appointment was around 5 o'clock and she had the same experience.

how much do they charge for the rapid test?

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Why reserve them as a back up? You paid for them, stay home and test at your convenience 

? I plan to use Cvs rapid testing but the Walgreens rapid test as my backup. I can get those tests free, the at home I'd have to pay for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colesc15 said:

? I plan to use Cvs rapid testing but the Walgreens rapid test as my backup. I can get those tests free, the at home I'd have to pay for. 

Just a heads up.

Due to the recent surge of COVID cases, CVS and Walgreens are currently out in our tri county area. (Ohio).  You better have a back up plan.

We have the option of going to a medi--care out patient and paying out of pocket for the rapid test.

The facility purchased their own system and it is a "PAY ONLY CASH/CREDIT CARD.  No insurance for elective testing.

To get it free you have to pay to see their doctor with COVID symptoms  and then she will ok the test on insurance.

Just saying.

Edited by Lionesss

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Why reserve them as a back up? You paid for them, stay home and test at your convenience 

I think you're confused about the type of test @colesc15 is talking about. 

There is a "buy it at Walgreens and do it at home all by yourself" test (which Royal does NOT accept), an "order online and do it at home with a telehealth person observing the procedure" test (which Royal does accept), and a "do it at Walgreens administered by a Walgreens employee" test (which Royal does accept).  

In this case, they are talking about going to Walgreens and having the test done there as a backup in case their CVS plans fall through, not doing the "at home with telehealth observer" version.  

On 8/27/2021 at 4:23 AM, brillohead said:

My interpretation of the "note from your doctor" comment was to take the note to the urgent care center to get them to process the test, not for the note from the doctor to state that you tested negative.

we did our last one at the Urgent Care and we didn’t need a note from our doctor.  We went to their website and requested an appt.  we did have to do a zoom meeting with one of their doctors before they would schedule but that conversation lasted all of 30 seconds…..😂😂

On 9/2/2021 at 8:55 PM, GTO-Girl said:

we did our last one at the Urgent Care and we didn’t need a note from our doctor.  We went to their website and requested an appt.  we did have to do a zoom meeting with one of their doctors before they would schedule but that conversation lasted all of 30 seconds…..😂😂

What was the name of the urgent care? How far in advance were you able to have the zoom meeting, then schedule?

3 hours ago, Txdnadoc said:

What was the name of the urgent care? How far in advance were you able to have the zoom meeting, then schedule?

We live in Covington GA so the name of ours was Piedmont Urgent Care.  When we did our test we went to their website and requested an appt which then scheduled us a time for a zoom appt with a doctor who then gave us an appt for the next day….

BUT…..we were in a time crunch because we had been selected to do one of the two day test cruises for Royal and had to get ours done at the last minute before we left town.  Because of this I cannot tell you how far in advance we could have scheduled an appt.

• Thanks 1