Covid test, Is everyone paying?

23 hours ago, Blauelini said:

I did not see on the Nomi website where they do the antigen test. Is that option available only after you pick at time and hit the "schedule" button?

When you arrive at the either of these testing sites they will ask you if you want a Antigen (Rapid) or PCR test. If they fail to ask tell them which one you want.

Here is the list of CDR Sites in FL( www.patientportalfl.com )

Clarcona -  T3607 Damon Road, Apopka, Florida

Barnett Park - T4801 W Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida

Econ Soccer Complex - T8035 Yates Rd, Orlando, Florida

Code Enforcement Complex1109 E 139th Avenue, Tampa, Florida

Palm River Community Center - T725 S 58th Street, Tampa, Florida

Center for Health Equity - T2333 34th Street S., St. Petersburg, Florida

Ed Smith Stadium - T2700 12th Street, Sarasota, Florida

CDR Palm Beach County Library- Gardens Branch11303 Campus Dr, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Mid County Senior Center - T3680 Lake Worth Road, Palm Springs, Florida

South County Civic Center16700 Jog Road, Delray Beach, Florida

Florida Atlantic University - T901 Northwest 35th Street, Boca Raton, Florida

CDR Maguire - Health Care Center1981 Capitol CR NE, Tallahassee, Florida

West End Park - T6030 Southwest 2nd Street, Miami, Florida

Centro Mater Child Care Services - T418 Southwest 4th Avenue, Miami, Florida

Here are the Nomi Health Sites in FL ( https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/26/onsite ).

Between CDR list above and the Nomi list below nobody has any real reason why they can't get tested if your in FL and show up empty handed without a test it isn't Royal Caribbean's fault.  

Sarasota Convention Center1 Haben Blvd, Palmetto, FL, 34221

Pasco County6023 Salt Springs Rd, Port Richey, FL, 34668

Hernando County Fairgrounds6436 Broad St, Brooksville, FL, 34601

St. Johns Agricultural Center3111 Agriculture Center Dr. , St. Augustine, FL, 32092

Municipal Way2965 Municipal Way , Tallahassee, FL, 32304

Wakulla County Department of Health48 Oak Street, Crawfordville, FL, 32327

Huntington Oaks3840 N Monroe St , Tallahassee, FL, 32303

Taylor County Department of Health1215 N Peacock Avenue , Perry, FL, 32347

Edwards Field239 East 1st Street, Apopka, FL, 32703

Coral Springs Park2575 Sportsplex Dr., Coral Springs, FL, 33065

Gill Jones Complex3425 US-17 N , Winter Haven, FL, 33881

Bartow Regional Medical Center2200 Osprey Blvd , Bartow, FL, 33830

RP Funding Center701 W Lime St , Lakeland, FL, 33815

City of Tampa4602 N. Himes Ave, Tampa, FL, 33614

Gulf Breeze Flea Market5760 Gulf Breeze Pkwy, Gulf Breeze, FL, 32563

Clyde Grace Community Center5629 Byrom St, Milton, FL, 32570

Century Link Sports Complex Crown Point Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL, 33912

Baker County Department of Health480 W Lowder St. , Macclenny, FL, 32063

Bradford County Fairgrounds Building #32300 N. Temple Ave , Starke, FL, 32091

The Temple United Methodist Church3305 N 15th St, Tampa, FL, 33605

Jefferson County Library375 S. Water Street , Monticello, FL, 32344

Van H. Priest Auditorium Sentinel Ln, Madison, FL, 32340

Brevard County2555 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL, 32940

Suwannee Fairgrounds17851 90 Ave, Fanning Springs, FL, 32693

Lee County Health Department3920 Michigan Avenue, Fort Myers, FL, 33916

Edited by outtoseacruise

24 minutes ago, outtoseacruise said:

Here are the Nomi Health Sites in FL ( https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/26/onsite ).

Between CDR list above and the Nomi list below nobody has any real reason why they can't get tested if your in FL and show up empty handed without a test it isn't Royal Caribbean's fault.  

Brevard County2555 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL, 32940

I was about to post this as well, I just heard it on the local news. This site is newly added to the Nomi list, and is easily within a half hour drive of Port Canaveral, for out of towner's info.  

Viera is just north of Melbourne.

This is where I got my Covid jabs, and it's easy to get to off of I95.

• Like 1

Don't know about Fl, but I am anxiously trying to schedule a covid test for my kid, and there is nothing available here in north Atlanta. Walgreens lists the closest antigen test available in ....ta-da.... Virginia.

Oh, sure, both Walgreens, CVS, and a bunch of urgent care centers list a bunch of addresses where they test, but none have any appointments available for any kind of test for a couple of days out.

12 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Don't know about Fl, but I am anxiously trying to schedule a covid test for my kid, and there is nothing available here in north Atlanta. Walgreens lists the closest antigen test available in ....ta-da.... Virginia.

Oh, sure, both Walgreens, CVS, and a bunch of urgent care centers list a bunch of addresses where they test, but none have any appointments available for any kind of test for a couple of days out.

I work in Tucker and got my antigen test last week at the CVS there. They didn't show any availability till like a week before I had to fly.

Edit: Just did a quick check on CVS site and there are definitely availabilities for antigen and PCR tests in Decatur.

image.thumb.png.e6350b83ce556c85c7b65a5da37b8159.png

Edited by GateGuardian
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GateGuardian said:

I work in Tucker and got my antigen test last week at the CVS there. They didn't show any availability till like a week before I had to fly.

last week there were plenty of appointments available where we are as well. But not FOR today or tomorrow when we need it urgently and not for travel.

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

last week there were plenty of appointments available where we are as well. But not FOR today or tomorrow when we need it urgently and not for travel.

go to one of the cvs / walgreens stores that do the test. go thru the drivethrough for the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. My husband and I had to schedule at 2 different walgreens due to what was available online. when we went to the first one we asked if they could do both of us and they did. it depends if they have extra tests..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

True. I've never been able to get same day appointments for CVS/Walgreens. They seem to not allow that or they just get booked up. 

I don't know if these are free, but there are availabilities for today and tomorrow:

Advanced MD | Patient Portal

RTW Health Services COVID Testing (dragonflyphd.com)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scotty G said:

We boarded Allure yesterday at Port Canaveral. There was a mobile Covid Rapid Testing unit parked near the entrance. It is located after baggage check in. Other than hot and humid check in was quick.

no apt needed? how much? & when did yoi get your result?

Here's a question: has anyone ordered the BinaxNow Ag card test kits, and then submitted a claim to your health insurance? 

I asked FL Blue (I love sites that have an online chat feature) and they said "sure!" and sent me a form. I still need to mail the form with my receipt but hopefully it will pass inspection. I'll be thrilled if they send me back $164... Then I'll just have to decide which spa treatments to spend it on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Lehmanns said:

Here's a question: has anyone ordered the BinaxNow Ag card test kits, and then submitted a claim to your health insurance? 

I asked FL Blue (I love sites that have an online chat feature) and they said "sure!" and sent me a form. I still need to mail the form with my receipt but hopefully it will pass inspection. I'll be thrilled if they send me back $164... Then I'll just have to decide which spa treatments to spend it on.

Great idea! Going to try that.

On 8/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, EZ1 said:

no apt needed? how much? & when did yoi get your result?

I am answering this question, we too boarded on Sunday. There were 3 people in front of us, they were asked for their test results and they were clueless and didn’t have any. They were directed to the tent at the end of the building, cost I don’t remember but under 100. And results in 30 minutes. I asked why, they said they were turning away so many people.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

I am answering this question, we too boarded on Sunday. There were 3 people in front of us, they were asked for their test results and they were clueless and didn’t have any. They were directed to the tent at the end of the building, cost I don’t remember but under 100. And results in 30 minutes. I asked why, they said they were turning away so many people.

Wondered if you found out in time from CVS, or got the result from the outlet mall where you also went?? It is ridiculous to make us all do this- so much stress!!

15 hours ago, EZ1 said:

Wondered if you found out in time from CVS, or got the result from the outlet mall where you also went?? It is ridiculous to make us all do this- so much stress!!

I got the results from the outlet mall for the 1 hr test 24 hours later, the night before the cruise and cvs came in Saturday afternoon. CVS took 2 days 6 hours. The most stressful thing, frankly isn’t something I want to do again. But may not have been so stressful, if I would have known they can do the testing at the port.

• Like 1

Thanks to this thread, I cancelled the tests at the airport I had to pay for and when to the Nomi site in Apopka.  No line, we drove right up and were done in less than ten minutes with results thirty minutes later.  My daughter's appointment at CVS was for the night before the cruise, so I talked her into going here.  Her appointment was around 5 o'clock and she had the same experience.

• Like 4

Does anyone know.. With Walgreens, their rapid test is called "rapid diagnostic test (ID Now)". Is that an acceptable test for royal? Their faq just says pcr or rapid antigen but no idea if ID now is considered that.. 

Walgreens faq says NAAT test which royal Mentions so I'm assuming that works? 

Edited by colesc15

17 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Does anyone know.. With Walgreens, their rapid test is called "rapid diagnostic test (ID Now)". Is that an acceptable test for royal? Their faq just says pcr or rapid antigen but no idea if ID now is considered that.. 

The Walgreens rapid diagnostic ID now is a molecular test and is totally accepted by RCI.   Its basically a PCR test with same day results.  The test RCI will not accept is the test for antibodies from previous infection.

29 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Is ID Now the Abbott (brand name) PCR NAAT test?

Walgreens link: https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-testing.jsp?ban=covidfy21_newtestingpg_brandstory_main_081521

Diagnostic Lab Test (PCR)
RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel Test
  • Most turnaround times  within 72 hours  (varies based on location)1
  • Samples are sent to a laboratory for testing
  • Meets pre-travel testing requirements
Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) Rapid Molecular Test
Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)
Rapid Molecular Test
  • Results are available within 24 hours
  • Samples are tested on-site
  • Meets most pre-travel testing requirements, including Hawaii
Rapid Antigen Test (BinaxNOW) Rapid Antigen Test
Rapid Antigen Test (BinaxNOW)
Rapid Antigen Test2
  • Results are available within one hour
  • Samples are tested on-site
  • Offered at limited locations
  • May meet pre-travel testing requirements; check with your destination

Here's RCI's page on what is acceptable to them: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Keywords to Google for the ID Now: Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 test

Gets you to this: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.fda.gov/media/136525/download&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjUp5HGgeHyAhVUjp4KHRrLDQwQFnoECAUQAg&usg=AOvVaw2V9kAP0UfhnH1j24VmBXH_

COVID-19%20Testing%20types%2011.16.20%20

Edited by LadyShiva
added the table on testing types.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ryano said:

The Walgreens rapid diagnostic ID now is a molecular test and is totally accepted by RCI.   Its basically a PCR test with same day results.  The test RCI will not accept is the test for antibodies from previous infection.

Great! Plan to reserve them as a backup incase my Cvs rapid test falls through.