Covid test, Is everyone paying?

2 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

I'm scheduled at CVS. Can I also schedule at Walgreens for the same day as a backup? Idk how that all works 

Yes you can.  You just cant schedule two (ex: PCR and Rapid both)  for the same day at CVS even if different locations.  Their scheduling system won't let you.  

23 hours ago, Montanagirlalways said:

RCCL specifically says no notes from doctors. Results have to come from an accredited lab

I was answering to a comment about using urgent care NOT RCL testing.

Some urgent care online site say it might be necessary to get a doctors note to have a timely result.

That was my comment to the person who might got to an urgent care.  Check to see what that site might need.

Has nothing to do with RCCL.

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

That was my concern.  I keep calling the emergency clinics who told me that they will be taking walk ins without appointments.  So I keep calling them to be sure and to ascertain the turn around time for PCR test.  No answer. 

Got panicky and called my Gastroenterologist to see if he will give me a script (my primary said they don't issue scripts for those tests) to take the test at the local hospital.  Was glad that the receptionist said yes and will fax the script to hospital  Now just waiting for hospital staff to confirm appointment for Thursday for Sunday sailing.  

I'll be so relieved when on Oasis.

PS:  Any reason why RCL has the 3 day time frame.  When I got my cataracts operation during the height of the pandemic, they allowed 5-6 days and then quarantine.

the 3 day time frame is what all cruise lines are using as per the CDC

but for the urgent care, I was really addressing a quick antigent test with a 1 day turnaround.

in any case more testing site by CVS for quick test need to be open.  getting tests is becoming even more stressful every day.

1 hour ago, lauren0309 said:

CVS just cancelled my appointment! So I had to find other options. 2 walk in clinics said I can come in without an appointment as well as 2 local private pharmacies.

why did the cancel?

You are now the 2nd person on these cc threads that has had this happen.  I have an appt and now I will worry until the day it comes.

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

My interpretation of the "note from your doctor" comment was to take the note to the urgent care center to get them to process the test, not for the note from the doctor to state that you tested negative.

YUP that is what I meant 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

why did the cancel?

You are now the 2nd person on these cc threads that has had this happen.  I have an appt and now I will worry until the day it comes.

All the text said was they were cancelling due to temporary closure. Ive read though  that other CVS locations are sending out the same messages. Best to have a back up plan or two. I have 4 other places I'm going to now. 2 appts. and 2 walk ins.  I do not trust CVS anymore

8 hours ago, ryano said:

It does feel like vaxxed guests are being punished but the unvaccinated still have to get a test done within 3 days of the cruise and bring their results along with being tested again at the port. 

Unvaccinated and recovered from Covid, appear to the latest science to be less likely to contract the disease than the vaccinated.  Delta apparently doesn’t care if you are vaccinated or not.

I am vaccinated, and I have not had Covid19.

So, I wish what I posted wasn’t true.

This is the least science forward disease on the planet.  all politics all of the time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lauren0309 said:

All the text said was they were cancelling due to temporary closure. Ive read though  that other CVS locations are sending out the same messages. Best to have a back up plan or two. I have 4 other places I'm going to now. 2 appts. and 2 walk ins.  I do not trust CVS anymore

I had the same issue twice with Walgreens cancellations. Scheduled with CVS Rapid for mine next week, and will definitely have a backup for PCR at Walmart pharmacy (it came back in 24hrs last week) Guess Florida has some Rapid also, so since we are driving in the day before, there are options. 

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Unvaccinated and recovered from Covid, appear to the latest science to be less likely to contract the disease than the vaccinated.  Delta apparently doesn’t care if you are vaccinated or not.

I am vaccinated, and I have not had Covid19.

So, I wish what I posted wasn’t true.

This is the least science forward disease on the planet.  all politics all of the time.

Nonsense 

Nationwide hospitalization numbers fluctuate between 93%-95% being unvaccinated. 
Nationally, breakthrough cases are less than 0.1% of all positive reports 

• Like 3

On 8/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, kruzerci said:

You should have your results back by tomorrow from CVS. Worst case scenario, go back to CVS and buy one of the BinaxNow AG card tests which are supervised via webcam for ~$25. 

I was looking high and low for the BinaxNow covid tests and couldn't find one anywhere close to me in GA.  They aren't for supervised testing - I just wanted one for personal use.  CVS would say they have them in stock, went to two stores and they had none.  Checked with all the local pharmacies and they just weren't to be found.

16 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

the 3 day time frame is what all cruise lines are using as per the CDC

but for the urgent care, I was really addressing a quick antigent test with a 1 day turnaround.

in any case more testing site by CVS for quick test need to be open.  getting tests is becoming even more stressful every day.

I feel more confident with the hospital to get, hopefully negative results, than any other.  The results will go directly to "My Chart" that I have with the hospital for prior C-19 tests.

Ps:  Hoping I'm not jinxing myself.

Just got an e-mail from RCL to register for on board PCR test.  Lots of writings, but if I read it right it applies to unvaxxed passengers.  So a last resort, you can pre-register for the C-19 test.

Dear Guest,

This is a reminder to schedule your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, which will be conducted in the terminal by our medical services partner, BioReference Labs, for guests between the ages of 2 to 11.

All unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take a boarding day PCR test during check-in (plus, a debarkation antigen test, which we’ll share more details onboard.)

It's important to register for your boarding day PCR test as soon as possible to avoid delays in your check-in process. If you're vaccinated, please do not complete this registration for yourself. However, you may have received this email because you'll need to register the guest below as they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated.

Lastly, please note, the above boarding day PCR test is in addition to the pre-cruise antigen or PCR test for COVID-19 that all guests 2 years and older — regardless of vaccination status — are required to bring a negative test result for, which must be taken 3 days before sailing and before arriving to the terminal.  

Boarding Day PCR Test Registration Details

Booking ID

Guest Name

Reference ID
1xEvHwrunINyOW
Register for your Test

Register for your test
  • Each guest must use their unique Reference ID listed above when registering with BioReference Labs. If someone in your travelling party has not received an email including a unique Reference ID, please contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Parents, you’ll need to register for your children using your child’s unique Reference ID.
  • Issues registering for your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19? Contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Click here to register with BioReference Labs to schedule your PCR test for COVID-19.
Boarding day
  • Testing is being held at the cruise terminal, where you’ll check-in.
  • All unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 will be required to take this test in order to board. Guests under 2 years of age and vaccinated guests will not be tested at the terminal.
  • It’s important that you show up exactly at your selected check-in time. Otherwise, you may be asked to return at a later time.
  • If you're feeling unwell, please stay home and contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649. We will gladly work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.
After your test
  • Our testing partner, BioReference Labs, will provide your results via email.
    • Please note, your results will also be shared with Royal Caribbean International.
  • If your result is negative and you’re approved to sail, we’ll look forward to welcoming you onboard!
  • If your result is positive or inconclusive, a pier agent will share next steps with you. Rest assured, we will take care of you.

And remember, please stay safe – it's important to continue wearing your mask, keeping a safe distance from others, washing your hands often, etc.

We’re looking forward to seeing you onboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Just got an e-mail from RCL to register for on board PCR test.  Lots of writings, but if I read it right it applies to unvaxxed passengers.  So a last resort, you can pre-register for the C-19 test.

Dear Guest,

This is a reminder to schedule your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, which will be conducted in the terminal by our medical services partner, BioReference Labs, for guests between the ages of 2 to 11.

All unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take a boarding day PCR test during check-in (plus, a debarkation antigen test, which we’ll share more details onboard.)

It's important to register for your boarding day PCR test as soon as possible to avoid delays in your check-in process. If you're vaccinated, please do not complete this registration for yourself. However, you may have received this email because you'll need to register the guest below as they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated.

Lastly, please note, the above boarding day PCR test is in addition to the pre-cruise antigen or PCR test for COVID-19 that all guests 2 years and older — regardless of vaccination status — are required to bring a negative test result for, which must be taken 3 days before sailing and before arriving to the terminal.  

Booking ID

Guest Name

Reference ID
1xEvHwrunINyOW
Register for your Test

Register for your test
  • Each guest must use their unique Reference ID listed above when registering with BioReference Labs. If someone in your travelling party has not received an email including a unique Reference ID, please contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Parents, you’ll need to register for your children using your child’s unique Reference ID.
  • Issues registering for your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19? Contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Click here to register with BioReference Labs to schedule your PCR test for COVID-19.
Boarding day
  • All unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 will be required to take this test in order to board. Guests under 2 years of age and vaccinated guests will not be tested at the terminal.
  • It’s important that you show up exactly at your selected check-in time. Otherwise, you may be asked to return at a later time.
  • If you're feeling unwell, please stay home and contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649. We will gladly work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.
After your test
    • Please note, your results will also be shared with Royal Caribbean International.
  • If your result is negative and you’re approved to sail, we’ll look forward to welcoming you onboard!
  • If your result is positive or inconclusive, a pier agent will share next steps with you. Rest assured, we will take care of you.

And remember, please stay safe – it's important to continue wearing your mask, keeping a safe distance from others, washing your hands often, etc.

Sincerely,

You still need to get a test done, up to 3 days before you cruise.

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

You still need to get a test done, up to 3 days before you cruise.

Thanks for the clarification.  Thought it would be helpful for those that have concerns of getting their results in time.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, outtoseacruise said:

If you are in Florida go to one of these sites and register for the Antigen. The CDR locations are first come first serve with a barcode and the Nomi Health locations are by appointment. You will get results back for an Antigen usually in 30 - 60 minutes and a PCR in 1-2 days from my experience. The tests are free.

CDR     https://www.patientportalfl.com/s/?language=en_US

Nomi   https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/26/onsite

If you are in FL and computer literate enough to post on CC you should be able to get tested at one of these sites.

I have used CDR for both Adventure cruises and the MSC in the last 2 months. I used Nomi for Freedom last week.

I did not see on the Nomi website where they do the antigen test. Is that option available only after you pick at time and hit the "schedule" button?

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Dear Guest,

Booking ID

Guest Name

Reference ID
1xEvHwrunINyOW
Register for your Test

Register for your test
Boarding day
After your test

Sincerely,

Please stop posting this and misleading vaccinated people that they can get tested at the pier, even as a last resort.  Royal has been denying boarding to vaccinated cruisers who arrive without negative test results rather than letting them test at the pier, even at their own expense.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Thought it would be helpful for those that have concerns of getting their results in time.

The letter you posted is for CHILDREN adults still have to get a test on their own

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Dear Guest,

Booking ID

Guest Name

Reference ID
1xEvHwrunINyOW
Register for your Test

Register for your test
Boarding day
After your test

Sincerely,

Please read the first paragraph again. There are some key words in it.

This is a reminder to schedule your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, which will be conducted in the terminal by our medical services partner,BioReference Labs, for guests between the ages of 2 to 11.”

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, nelblu said:

Dear Guest,

Booking ID

Guest Name

Reference ID
1xEvHwrunINyOW
Register for your Test

Register for your test
Boarding day
After your test

Sincerely,

Those are only for unvaccinated passengers 11 and under

• Like 1